How to Convert PDF to Visio
Converting any PDF file into Visio supported file format is the best solution to use graphic images and diagrams in Visio drawings easily. Visio supports files only created with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, and AutoCAD, and it does not support PDF files. If you have a couple of PDF files, you can choose to convert PDF to Visio using PDFelement, which is an efficient and professional application.
It offers you essential features to easily edit, modify the text, images, and pages in PDF files. The embedded OCR feature even lets you freely make changes on image-based scanned PDF files.
- Part 1: Convert PDF to Visio with PDFelement
- Part 2: Convert PDF to Visio with PDF Converter Pro
- Part 3: Convert PDF to Visio Online
- Part 4: What File Types can be Opened in Visio
3 Steps to Convert PDF to Visio with PDFelement
Step 1. Open a PDF File
Launch PDFelement, then drag and drop a PDF document in the program window to open directly. Or you can click the "Open files" button to browse a PDF file to import.
Step 2. Convert PDF to Visio
Go to the "Convert" tab, and select the "To Image" or "To Text" option. You can choose any Visio supported formats such as .bmp, .jpg, .txt, .png and so on. After that, choose the output folder to save the Visio file format in your desired file destination. Finally, click "Save" to begin the process.
Step 3. Import PDF to Visio
Open any version of the Visio program and go to the "Insert" tab from the Illustrations menu, and select Picture. Open the folder which contains the converted image file, select the image file, and click "Open." The graphic images opened in Visio drawings always open as metafiles, whereas bitmap image files stay on as bitmap in Visio drawings.
You will not have to go through the complicated settings to convert your PDF file in any format, and all the conversion tools are present right in PDFelement. With a single click, you can convert PDF from or to images, MS documents, text files, and more. Additionally, you can also edit PDF text before converting them to Visio or other formats. You can also restrict access or editing rights to your files by adding passwords. Digital signatures, watermarks, and redactions are other useful security features that you can use on confidential documents.
How to Convert PDF to Visio with PDF Converter Pro
Wondershare PDF Converter Pro is another program that supports to convert PDF to Visio supported formats. It focuses on the converting feature, and various document formats are supported. So if you want a simple converter, then it should be your choice.
Step 1. Load a PDF File
After opening PDF Converter Pro, you can add a PDF document to it.
Step 2. Choose Visio Compatible Formats
Select "Image" in the "Output Format" dropdown list, then click the "Advance Setting" button to choose a specific format to convert, such as .jpg, .png, .bmp. or .tiff, etc.
Step 3. Open PDF in Visio
Open Microsoft Visio, and in the "File" > "Open" option, please browse the converted image file to open it in Visio directly.
Convert PDF to Visio Online
You can also convert PDF to Visio online by hipdf-pdf, which is the PDF to Visio online converter. Here are the simple steps:
- Go to the hipdf website: www.hipdf.com
- Choose PDF to Images, then select a format.
- Upload your PDF document, and the conversion will be processed automatically.
- Download your converted image file.
- Add it to your Visio.
What File Types can be Opened in Visio
Visio supports more than 22 file formats, and it allows you to import graphic images and vector-based designs as metafiles into Visio drawings. But Bitmap images such as .pcx, .bmp, etc., always remain as bitmaps. It's better to convert the vector-based graphic designs as Visio drawings as the editing in original file format gives unnecessary jagged lines in your Visio drawings. A list of popular file formats used in Visio Drawings:
- AutoCAD (.dwg, .dxf)
- Adobe Illustrator(.ai)
- Enhanced Metafile (.emf)
- Compressed Enhanced Metafile (.emz)
- Tag Image File(.tif, .tiff)
- PostScript File(.ps)
- Micrografx Designer Version 6.0 File (.dsf)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Macintosh Picture File (.pct)
- Scalable Vector Graphics Drawing (.svg, .svgz)
- CorelFLOW 2.0 (.cfl)
- Text Separated Values (.txt)
- Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (.igs)
- ZSoft PC PaintBrush Bitmap (.pcx)
- Windows Bitmap (.bmp, .dib)
- Windows Metafile (.wmf)
- Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- AutoCAD Drawing Interchange (.dxf)
- Graphics Interchange (.gif)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (.jpg)
- Tag Image File Format (.tif, .tiff)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (.cgm) and many more…
Video on Converting PDF to Visio Supported Formats
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF to Visio
- How to Change Word to PDF in Windows
- How to Reduce PDF Size Manually
- How to Add Text to PDF Easily and Quickly - Updated
- How to Change Orientation of PDF