How to Edit Text in PDF Easily
The biggest benefit of using the PDF file type is that the format remains the same no matter who views it, and the receiver of the document cannot make changes to it. But what if you decide you want to make changes to the document? It is possible to do so, and this article will outline how to edit text in PDF offline and online easily.
How to Edit Text in PDF Offline
There are plenty of PDF text editors available on the internet. One such example is Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. It allows you to edit existing text in the PDF file, as well as add or delete unwanted text. You can also easily align text, change font size, and bold or italicize the font. If you are wondering how to edit the text in PDF, look no further than PDFelement!
Just like text, images can be removed from or added to the PDF file instantly. One distinguishing feature of PDFelement is the OCR feature, which will let you edit the text in image-based or scanned PDFs. You can also convert PDF to various formats including Word, PPT, Excel, image, EPUB, etc.
Edit Existing Text in PDF
PDFelement can change or replace text in PDF with the same font. Install PDFelement on your Windows or Mac to have a try now.
- Click on the "Open files" button on the Home window to select and import the PDF file that you want to edit.
- Click the "Edit" option from the top menu. Then the text in the PDF document becomes editable.
- Select text that you want to edit, and simply start typing to change or replace the text. Since PDFelement can recognize the format of the existing text, you can edit the text with the same font.
Add or Delete Text in PDF
- To add text in PDF, click on the "Add Text" button and drag your mouse to draw a box where you want to add text.
- To delete text in PDF, select the text that you want to delete and press the "Backspace" or "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove that text.
Change Text Font, Color, Size in PDF
You can also change the font type, size, and color from the text editing bar on PDFelement.
- Select the text that you want to format, then you will see this small pop-up window, which enables you to quickly change font, color, size or bold, italicise or underline the selected text.
- To access more formatting options, click the small triangle icon on the right to unfold the Properties window, where you can adjust alignment, spacing, orientation and more.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface.
- A versatile PDF editor with the ability to edit, convert, annotate, and protect PDFs.
- Edit text of scanned PDF.
- Available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- 14-day free trial.
Best Free PDF Text Editor Offline
AbiWord is an award-winning PDF text editor freeware. AbiWord's user interface looks similar to Microsoft word. Apart from this, it has outstanding features that let edit files quickly and easily using tools like spellcheck. This program also comes with tons of font options for better reading and editing of PDF documents.
- Extensive editing abilities
- Easy Document management
- It's free and supports many languages
- It is difficult to scroll through documents
2. PDF Eraser
This is considered the must-have PDF text editor, as it provides excellent tools for viewing and editing PDF files. PDF Eraser can be used to insert various objects in PDF Documents, such as text, images, links, and freehand drawings. It is also a free PDF text editor. You can easily add or delete any information from a PDF file.
- You can customize PDF files
- Supports the ability to rotate any PDF page
- There may be a watermark added to your pdf file
How to Edit Text in PDF Online
HiPDF is an excellent, free online PDF text editor that can help you edit text and other elements in PDF files without any trouble. It's free, easy to use, and accessible from any device with an internet connection, making it an efficient solution for anyone who needs to edit PDF files online. Try it out and see how it can make editing text in PDF easier. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to edit text in PDF files using HiPDF.
Step 1: Go to HiPDF's website
The first step is to go to the HiPDF website using your web browser. Once you're on the HiPDF website, click the "Edit PDF" tab.
Step 2: Upload your PDF file to HiPDF
Once you're on the Online PDF Editor of HiPDF, select the "Upload PDF" button. You can upload your PDF file from your device, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Step 3: Edit text in the PDF file online
After uploading your PDF file, you'll see the editing interface. To edit PDF text online, select the "Edit" button on the menu bar. Click on a text block you want to edit, and then start typing to replace the old text with new text. You can also use the formatting tools to change the font, color, and size of the text. Apart from text, you can also edit other elements like images and links using the same process.
Step 4: Save the edited PDF file
Once you're done editing, save your new file by clicking the "Save" button. You can download the edited PDF file to your device or save it to your Dropbox or Google Drive.
1. Why can't you edit text in PDF?
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that is designed to preserve the layout and formatting of a document. It is not intended to be edited like a Word document or other text files. When text is saved as a PDF, it is often converted to an image or graphic file. This means that any text within the PDF cannot be edited or manipulated easily without special software. In order to edit the text in a PDF file, you would need to use specialized software, such as PDFelement or another PDF editor.
If you still can't edit the text in PDF after opening it with a PDF editor, the PDF file is probably protected from editing with a password. Or it is a scanned PDF, which can't be edited unless it is scanned by an OCR tool. Check how to edit scanned PDF.
2. Can I edit text in a PDF for free?
There are some free tools available to edit text in a PDF, but they can be limited in their capabilities. One option is to use a PDF editor online, such as HiPDF, which allows you to edit text, add or delete pages, and annotate PDFs.
Another option is to use Microsoft Word. First, open Microsoft Word and click on "Open" from the File menu. Browse for the PDF document that you want to edit, select it, and click "Open." From here, a dialog box asking you to convert the PDF to an editable format will appear. Click "OK" and wait for the conversion process to finish. Once done, you will be able to edit the text just like you would any other Word file. While this method can work for some PDF files, it's important to note that not all PDFs are editable in Microsoft Word. And it might change the formatting of a PDF document after importing it to Microsoft Word.
3. How to edit text in pdf on Mac?
To edit text in a PDF on Mac, you can use either the built-in Preview app or a third-party PDF editor to make edits. For example, you can use PDFelement to edit text in PDFs on Mac. Simply open the PDF in PDFelement, click on the "Edit" button on the top menu, and make your changes. Once you are finished editing, save the PDF and your changes will be saved. Learn more about how to edit PDF text on Mac.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF to HTML File
- How to Redact a PDF in Windows
- How to Convert PDF to EPUB
- How to OCR a PDF on Windows 11/10/8/7
- How to Open PDF Files Easily and Quickly