Convert XML to XLS/XLSX Format on Windows
To share or import and export data between services, one of the most popularly used formats is XLS or XLSX — both are Microsoft Excel file extensions. Several software, as well as services, can read either of the 2 formats. Want to convert your files from XML to XLS or XLSX? PDFelement is the best XML to XLS converter. Highlighted below are the steps you need to take to convert XML files to XLS/XLSX. After this section below, we will also discuss PDFelement in more detail, explain XLS and XLSX file formats, and list out a number of their major differences.
Convert XML to XLS/XLSX with PDFelement
XML is a file format employed for storing and transporting data. Short for Extensible Markup Language, it is both software and hardware independent, and is self-descriptive. While HTML, a similar format that means Hypertext Markup Language, is created for displaying data and targets how data looks, XML carries data with the focus being on what data is.
Step 1. Open an XML
Drag and drop an XML file into your Chrome tab to open it.
Step 2. Print the XML
Use the print function in your browser and choose "PDFelement" as the printer to print it.
Step 3. Convert XML to XLS
The printed file will be opened in PDFelement automatically, go to the "Convert">"To Excel" button to start the xml to xls conversion process. After conversion, you will get the .xlsx format excel file directly, you can open it and save it as an .xls format if you want.
Best XML to XLS Converter
Not only is PDFelement the most powerful XML to XLSX converter around, it is also the most versatile. Designed with an easy-to-use interface and an impressive array of features, the software is handy for executing a number of File Management operations such as opening, creating, editing and adding e-signatures to PDF documents. It is an affordable and efficient solution for working with your documents easily and professionally. PDFelement remains the leading application for carrying out the following operations:
- Document Conversion: With this software downloaded and installed on your computers, you can rest assured that a highly professional tool is within easy reach to convert XML files to XLS/XLS format. It even allows you turn PDFs to many other formats such as Word, PPT, TXT, images, HTML, etc. and vice versa.
- File Editing: Modify text, change fonts easily, just like you do as on Microsoft Suite, using PDFelement's robust editing tool. It also lets you execute other PDF File Management activities such as removing and deleting files.
- Outstanding OCR Technology: The software comes with a remarkable Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tool for transforming documents which have been scanned into a document that is fully editable. This technology helps you search, edit, resize and format text. It supports multiple languages like English, Korean, German, Russian, Spanish, and so on.
- Annotation: With the annotation tool of this app, you can highlight or strikethrough select parts of text or create sticky notes for communicating detailed info.
- Combination of Files: Do you need to merge one file with another one? This program helps in combination of multiple files into a single PDF document.
Other features of PDFelement
- It can be used for importing files from cloud storage, camera, WiFi transfer or photo library.
- PDFelement allows you organize (reorder, rotate or delete) PDF pages.
- It helps in scanning and conversion of an image.
- The app is used for filling PDF forms.
- It is employed in creating electronic signatures and adding them to documents.
Tips: Comparison of XLS and XLSX formats
XLS and XLSX are both file extensions of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. On the Excel software, a user can arrange as well as store huge amounts of data in an organized manner. The major difference between XLS and XLSX lies in the fact that the former format is designed on pre-2007 Excel version whereas the latter extension is created on the Excel version from 2007 and above. Another difference between the two file extension formats is on the basis of the technique for information storage: While XLS is a binary format, XLSX is an Open XML (eXtension Markup Language) format. The primary differences between XLS and XLXS file formats are summarized in the table below:
|XLS is an older file extension of Excel spreadsheet||XLSX is the most recent file extension of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet|
|It's a binary format||It's an Open XML format|
|XLS is designed on the version of Excel released before 2007||XLSX is designed on the version of Microsoft Excel 2007 and above|
|It can be read by all versions of Microsoft Excel||It can be read by 2007 version of Microsoft Excel & above|
|The file format can hold those Excel spreadsheets that contain either macros or not||This file format doesn't support macros|
|.xls extension stores data in binary format||.xlsx stores data in text file by employing XML|
|XLS cannot read files in XLSX||XLSX can read XLS files as well|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert XML to Excel
- Convert XML to CSV in 2 Ways
- 4 Steps to Convert JPG to Excel
- 3 Steps to Convert XML to Word
- How to Insert PDF into Excel for Free