How to Save PDF as PNG Easily
How to save PDF as PNG? That's a question every designer or creative professional needs to know. However, you'll be surprised at how many other types of professionals actually don't know how to save a PDF as PNG or any other image format. This article shows you two methods for how to save a PDF as PNG using a versatile PDF editor called Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. This helpful tool can quickly help you export PDF to PNG in Windows as well as Mac. Here's how to execute the process in two different ways.
Method 1. One step solution to save PDF as PNG on Windows/Mac
This method involves opening PDF in Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor and then saving the file as a PNG. The process converts the document into a .png file and saves it to a folder of your choice. The software offers a very user-friendly interface, which means even first-time users will find it extremely easy to do. The program can work on Windows and Mac. You can free download it on your computer to have a try. The steps to be replicated are as follows:
Step 1. Open PDF
In the main window, click on "Open File". This will take you to an Explorer window, where you can navigate to your PDF file and open it by clicking "Open".
Step 2. Click "To Image"
The next step is to go to the "Convert" tab on top and select "To Image" as your conversion option in the toolbar under it.
Step 3. Save PDF as PNG
A "Save As" window will open, where you can select the output location and the output format, which should be "Image Files (*.png)". Hit "Save" when you're done and the file will automatically be converted and saved as a .png file.
Tip: Save PDF as PNG without Opening the File
PDFelement also provides an even easier way to save PDF as PNG without even opening the file manually. The next method describes this process.
To directly convert the file, use the "Convert PDF" module that you see in the main welcome window, as shown in the screenshot below:
This will open up an Open window in Explorer where you can select the source PDF file. After selecting it, click on "Open". Instead of just opening the file in PDFelement, it will additionally trigger the "Save As" window in Explorer. You can now choose your target output folder and the file type, which should be "Image Files (*.png), as shown in the previous method.
That's it, you're all done. These two methods offer a convenient way to save a PDF as a PNG file so it can be edited in Photoshop or your preferred image editor. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor also offers a whole range of amazing PDF features that you can use to increase your workflow productivity and efficiency. Some of the key features are discussed in the final section below.
- PDF editing can be a tricky task because most PDF editors aren't really true PDF editors in that they can't alter any of the existing elements in a PDF document. This even includes the simplest of components such as text and images. On the other hand, professional PDF editors can be very expensive, like Nitro Pro or Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. PDFelement offers the best of both worlds - functionality, and affordability. Using PDFelement gives you full control over everything in your PDF file.
- Creation and conversion are two important tasks that any PDF editor worth its salt should be able to do effectively, quickly, and accurately. It delivers on all these fronts, giving you a comprehensive toolkit for creating PDFs from hundreds of other file types and converting PDFs into a dozen other file formats. The conversions will maintain the integrity of the original content, including elements like formatting and alignment.
- Extensive markup tools allow you to review, annotate, and comment on PDF documents to facilitate clear communication between collaborators. Tools include highlighting, text boxes, sticky note reminders, preset shapes, freehand drawing, underlining, and more.
- Robust security features for PDF include file encryption with password-based access and permission restrictions. It also lets you add legally binding digital signatures and do redaction on sensitive or confidential content inside the PDF.
- Advanced forms management tools give you the power to control all your form workflows. You can create interactive forms from ready-to-use templates or from scratch, convert Word and other form types to fillable PDFs, extract form data, do form field recognition, and do a lot of other tasks. This is one of the most comprehensive form management tools available today.
- OCR and batch process features let you convert scanned PDFs into editable ones, and process PDF files in bulk. Batch processes include file conversion, encryption, watermarking, etc.
Method 2. Save PDF as PNG Online
To convert PDF to PNG, you can use an online tool like HiPDF, which can convert PDF to PNG, JPG, Word, Excel, TXT, and more, as well as edit, merge, split, rearrange PDF online.
The steps to save PDF as PNG free online is very easy, although it is not as powerful as a desktop PDF converter when it comes to converting multiple PDFs to PNG and editing PDF.
Step 1. Import the PDF documents in HiPDF PDF to PNG converter.
Step 2. Once the document has been uploaded, just press the Convert button to save PDF as PNG. As soon as the converter completes the conversion, you will have to press on Download.
Method 3. Save PDF as PNG on Adobe Acrobat
If you have to save a PDF as PNG on Adobe Acrobat, you will have to follow just a few simple steps. Let's take a quick look at them.
Step 1. Open PDF in Acrobat and then you will have to choose Tools > Export PDF. Now, you will find the different formats to which you will be able to save the PDF file.
Step 2. Choose the format in which you would like to save the PDF. In this case PNG. Then click on Export, which will open the Export Dialog box.
Step 3. In the Export dialog box, you have to choose a location where you want to save the PDF as PNG. Click on 'Save' for exporting the PDF in the selected PNG format. By default, it uses the source file name with the new extension and the exported file is going to be saved in the source file's folder. If you want, you can configure the conversion option before saving the file. The conversion options specified under Preferences are used by default.
Can you save PDF to PNG with Adobe Reader?
No. Adobe Reader can only allow you to read and annotate PDFs. It doesn't provide a file conversion tool that enables you to save PDF as PNG.
Method 4. Save PDF as PNG in Photoshop
You can also save PDF as PNG using Photoshop. This is particularly helpful for all the Windows users out there. To save PDF as PNG using Adobe Photoshop, you will have to follow the steps given below.
Save a single PDF page as PNG with Adobe Photoshop
On your computer, run Adobe Photoshop, click on the 'File' option, and click on 'Select' for importing the PDF file, which you would like to convert to PDF images.
On the dialog box 'Import PDF', you have to choose 'Pages' and then click on 'OK' for converting the pages from PDF. You have the option to choose all pages by default or simply use the 'Shift' or 'Ctrl' for choosing the specified pages.
When you are done with all pages on the settings area, you will just have to click on the 'OK' button and the chosen pages are going to be imported to Adobe Photoshop, instantly.
Save multiple PDF files as PNG with Adobe Photoshop
On Photoshop, click on the 'Windows' option and then choose 'Action' present in the drop-down menu. You will find the 'Actions' window displayed at the bottom. Now, click on the 'Create new action' tab present under 'Actions'. Name the action on the window you have opened and click on the option 'Record'.
To save multiple PDFs to PNG, choose "Automate" under the "File" option, select "Batch" and click the action you create just now to save PDF as PNG.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Save PDF as PNG Easily
- How to Add Comments in PDF
- How to Find a Word in a PDF
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Compare PDF on Mac