2 Ways to Convert Screenshot to Word
Let's take into account the following situation. You find something online you want to use in your Word document. But you cannot copy it. You take a screenshot, but now what? Write it again word by word? Or try and convert screenshot to Word? We assume the latter is a much better option. That is why we will talk about how to edit text in a screenshot in Word, and how to convert anything in your screenshot into a Word document. There are two ways you can do this.
Simple Steps to Convert Screenshot to Word
The first way is the one we prefer, which is to use a PDF tool for converting images, screenshots, and anything else into another document. For that purpose, we recommend PDFelement, tool that solved one of the biggest problems in the document management industry. And that is the ability to convert files into different formats, and professionally-looking PDF documents. Simply put, it is a do-it-all PDF software.
With that in mind, we want to give you a guide how to do a screenshot convert to Word process. Here is the step by step process:
Step 1: Click on "Create PDF"
Go to the Home Screen, and click on "Create PDF". You can choose any file, which in this case is the screenshot you want to convert.
Step 2: Perform OCR
It will notify that it is an image, screenshot, or scanned document, and suggest OCR. "Perform OCR", and your screenshot will transform into a fully searchable and editable text.
If you like, you can edit the text using "Line or Paragraph Mode" under the "Edit" meu, or edit images within the screenshot. If not, continue to the next step.
Step 3. Convert Screenshot to Word
It is now time to convert your screenshot to word. Go to "Convert" menu, and click "To Word". In the pup up, click "Save" and it will automatically convert your document to Word format.
Here are some of the main features of the software:
- Ability to convert more than 300 file formats into PDF, Word, and other files.
- Merge whole files, or reorganize pages no matter the original setting.
- Extract parts of an existing PDF file and paste it into a new file.
- Extract data from Excel documents and transfer to a PDF file.
- Add and insert pages into the original document.
- Add comments and sticky notes to make your PDF files look more professional.
- Automatically recognize form fields, or add form fields to your PDF document.
- Edit text and images with a variety of tools.
How to Convert Screenshot to Word Online
There are many online converters you can use. Yes, they do come with their own set of limitations, mostly in the number of pages you can convert. But for a simple conversion, they can help you.
- 1. Start by performing a Google search looking for online screenshot to Word converter.
- 2. Choose any of the online converters. They all work on the same principle. Upload the screenshot, and convert it using OCR.
- 3. Download the file.
We have to mention some of the limitations of this process. For starters, you might lose formatting during conversion. Online converters do not provide as precise results as PDF tools. Another downside is you cannot edit the document before saving.
Comparison Table between PDFelement and Online Screenshot to PDF Tool
|Features||It provides powerful range of features for managing your screenshot/PDF/Word document. For example, you can edit your screenshot.||Only conversion, no extra features.|
|Stability||It works offline once installed on your computer.||Online converters work only with valid internet connection.|
|Results||It will keep any formatting, fonts, and everything else from the original document.||Some formatting might be lost. Most online converters are limited to set amount of pages.|
|Document security||It also gives you an option to protect your file with password.||No protection for your file.|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Read text from Image with 2 Ways
- How to Convert RTF to PDF on Windows 10/8/7
- How to Convert Password Protected PDF to Word Efficiently
- How to Copy Text from Secured PDF without Password Quickly
- How to Hide Text in PDF with 3 Simple Clicks