PDFelement-Powerful and Simple PDF Editor
Get started with the easiest way to manage PDFs with PDFelement!
In this era of advanced technologies, converting a Publisher to the Word format or vice versa is not tough. The process is simple & you need to learn a few quick tricks to finish the task. There are some important steps involved. There is no space for confusion & once you do it, next time, you don't even need to double-check the steps. So, here we shall start this task and ensure that each step is followed properly. Let's start with this.
Ready To Convert Publisher to Word or Vice Versa?
Part 1. How To Convert Files From Publisher to Word
There are various tools to complete the publisher-to-word conversion task. We will introduce 3 different ones in this section. Of course, you are free to choose the preferred one.
1. Convert PUB to Word With Microsoft Publisher
Here are the 3 different ways to convert files from Publisher to Word format with Microsoft Publisher:
- The first way is to save the text as a word document in your Publisher. You can use this option for publications and newsletters that include a huge amount of text to be saved in Word.
- The second way is to follow the theory of copy & paste. Whether it's a letterhead page, brochure, or any publication, copy the object and paste it into the document in HTML format. Your job is done!
- The third way is to draft a picture file which will be inserted into a word document. This option is helpful in case you have a calendar, the cover of a book, or a publication with a table.
We will talk about the first way in detail. Follow a stepwise procedure that goes like this:
- First, open the publication you intend to convert.
- Now click on the Fileoption, go to the Save As tab, and search for the location where you want to save the document.
- Next, name your word document and type it in the File name
- Finally, check with the list of Save as typeand choose the version of the Word you need to save for that particular document. You can select it from the list even if you want to save it as the older version.
- Now, save the document, and it's done.
2. Convert Publisher Files to Word With PDFelement
Have you heard about the Wondershare PDFelement? It is a highly comprehensive tool that processes PDFs, i.e., creates, converts, edits, and signs the PDF docs on gadgets and the web. This tool gained a lot of fame quickly, all because of its smart interface, unmatchable cost, and pragmatic features. Even now, if you compare this tool with others available on the web, Wondershare ranks at the top.
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is more than a PDF editor. As an all-in-one tool, it works as a file converter as well and can convert Publisher files to Word. Here are the steps that will help you:
- The first step is to open the Wondershare PDFelement software. Then, click on the Create PDF tab to open the PUB file.
- Select and open the PUB file that you want to convert to a Word file.
- In the next interface, you can see the PUB file opened in PDF format. The next step involves saving it to your computer in PDF format so that it can be later converted to Word format. Click on File option on the upper-left corner and click on "Save As" to save the file as PDF.
- The next step is to convert this PDF file to a Word file. Now, click on the "PDF to Word" option to convert the file.
- In the pop-up dialog, specify the folder in which you want to save the Word file and then click "OK." Your job is done, and your file is ready in the desired format.
If you want to learn more about Wondershare PDFelement as a converter, watch the video below:
3. Publisher to Word Online Converter
With the vision to make file conversion easy, this Online Converter is a highly interactive tool that can edit, merge, split, compress, and cut files. It is all based on API, allowing businesses to use this infrastructure to build their application. They keep their source updated and implement continuous integration, which helps them stay in line with the changing technologies. That is why people trust them and use their services for file conversions.
Here are the few steps that will help you convert Publisher to a Word document
- Open the Online-convert website in a browser.
- Select the target format in which you want your file to be converted.
- Select the publisher file that you intend to convert into the word document
- After uploading, click on "Start."
- After conversion, click "Download." The converted file will be automatically downloaded to the "Downloads folder" of your computer.
Part 2. How To Convert Word to Publisher?
The process of converting a Word document into a Publisher is simple and quick, especially if you have a stepwise guide for how to do it. The process involves a few steps. It gives you a complete insight into the whole scenario. So, let's try to understand each task and its process for converting the available files into different formats.
1. Convert Word Files to Publisher Format With Microsoft Publisher
However, if you want to convert a word document into a publisher, check these steps.
- Start the Publisher. You will find the "Open" button and click on it.
- A dialogue box will appear with the click on the "Open" option. Locate the Word file, select it that you wish to import, and click on the OK tab.
- Finally, you can review the whole publication, ensure that everything is as you want it to be, and then save the publication.
2. Convert Word to PUB With Able2Extract
Able2Extract is a unique all-in-one PDF converter and editor for people who want to convert selected files into different formats. It is renowned as a highly robust and user-friendly tool that extracts the selected data from PDF files and converts them into other formats. The best thing about this tool is that it has amazing functionalities that allow the user to improve the workflow of their documents significantly. So, if you want to use this tool, browse it on the web and check its details.
Moreover, if you want to convert the word document to Publisher with the help of Able2Extract, you need to first change the word document into a PDF file.
Steps to change the word document into PDF with the help of Microsoft:
- First, open the file that you want to convert into the PDF format
- Click on the "File" and then the "Save as" option.
- Next, click on the drop-down menu. From the drop-down, click on the PDF option. After selecting the PDF option, click on the "Save" option and access the file in the target folder.
As you have the document in PDF format, you can now easily change it to the publisher format. Follow the below-mentioned steps correctly:
- Open the Able2Extract application, click on the Open tab and select the PDF file that you want to convert to Publisher
- Next, you need to select the required format for the main toolbar, and if you want to change anything, select the right-side panel. You will find the Frame per token or Frame per paragraph more flexible while editing the content.
- Once the formatting is done, you can select the Convert to Word option and find where you want to save it.
- Finally, the document is converted, and you can see it in your system at the selected location.
Part 3. FAQs
After our introduction, you may have a basic knowledge about converting Publisher documents to and from Word files. Moreover, we have collected several questions frequently asked by users and give you answers here.
1. How To Copy and Paste From Publisher to Word?
Select the Publisher objects you wish to copy to the word document. Then right-click and choose the copy option. Sidewise, open the word document and right-click to paste the content you have copied from the Publisher. You can respect this process until you successfully paste all the pages on Word.
2. What Is the Difference Between Publisher and Word?
The major difference between Word and Publisher is that Word can be used for creating documents, legal letters, blogs, articles, CVs, etc. However, when we talk about a Publisher file, it is used for creating flyers, catalogs, newsletters, greeting cards, wedding cards, and other similar pages.
Word software is generally used for text processing, while Publisher software emphasizes page layouts. So, when you want to write a simple letter, you can use a word document and not a publisher, but when you have to design flyers, it's good to use a publisher instead of a word document.
3. What Files Can the Publisher Open?
Check out the following file formats supported by Microsoft Publisher:
- Plain Text (files with a .txt extension)
- Microsoft Publisher version 2.0 or later (files with a .pub extension)
- Hypertext Markup Language (files with an .html, .htm, .mhtml, or .mht extension)
- Rich Text Format (files with a .rtf extension)
- WordPerfect 5.x and 6.x
- Unicode text
- Microsoft Word 97-2002
- Microsoft Works 6.0 & 7.0
So, to make your journey for file conversion easy, we have mentioned all the important points and stepwise instructions that will help you finish the task on time. You just need to follow each step accurately & you will get the desired document formatted as per your requirements.