6 Best PDF to CAD Converters
For a designer or planner, you may have a PDF file with illustrations such as objects that you may want to edit. This might be stressful to edit the objects in a PDF file. Therefore, the best thing is to convert the PDF file to Computer-Aided Design (CAD), which takes .dwg format. This will make it easier to edit arcs and lines on the objects. Having said that, then you need to look for Free PDF to CAD software. If you have no clue, just relax and read through this article as we are going to highlight the best PDF to CAD converter for free.
Part 1: Best Desktop PDF Editing Tool for Windows and Mac
With a PDF to CAD converter, you can only convert PDFs to DWG or DXF files. If you are looking for software that not only converts to other editable formats but also creates, edits and OCR PDFs then you need to use Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. This software is well built to allow you to convert your PDF file to Excel, PPT, Word, Rich Text, Plain Text, HTML, and eBooks. It can also create PDFs that can be read on other PDF software from Images, HTML, Clipboards, Keynotes, Screen captures and Window captures.
With Wondershare PDFelement you can also edit your PDF files with ease. It is built with several editing options. You can add texts, edit texts, add images, edit objects, change font size and color and add links. It also enables making an adjustment on pages such as inserting pages, deleting pages, rotating pages, and others. This software is built with a number of markups like annotations, watermarks, highlights, sticky notes, text comments, text box, callout comments, drawings underlines, and strikethrough it.
It is so simple to comment on your PDF since it allows you to perform batch addition of markups. Wondershare PDFelement also allows you to encrypt your PDF with an open password that restricts one from viewing your file. It also allows you to add a user password that restricts an unauthorized person from printing, copying, and editing your PDF. To remove these restrictions you can simply convert your PDF.
Part 2: Best PDF to CAD Converter Software
1. Any PDF to DWG Converter
This is a PDF to CAD software that converts PDF files to AutoCAD formats like .dwg and .dxf. With this software, you stand you can specify the page ranges that you want to convert. This software outputs AutoCAD R13 - AutoCAD 2017 DWG or DXF files. Moreover, if you have several files that need to be converted, then you can use this software as it supports batch conversion of files.
To add this powerful software can create and enhance vectors like arcs, lines, and circles. Another good thing about this software is that it can be used with an AutoCAD or even without an AutoCAD. It has 30 times free trial version, which makes it one of the good PDF to CAD software. It supports Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10.
- Batch convert. Convert multiple PDF to DWG or DXF quickly.
- Intelligent TrueType texts and line width recognition to convert PDF to high-quality CAD files.
- Retains colors in the DWG/DXF file after converting.
- You can resizes the CAD drawing.
- Expensive. It takes $180 per license.
2. AutoDWG PDF To DWG Converter
This is another PDF to CAD converter that has a free download for Windows OS. AutoDWG PDF to DWG software can output DWG and DXF files from a PDF. It also supports AutoCAD 2017~R14. It makes good conversion owing to the Smart Object Recognition feature. As you convert PDF you will be able to retain the arcs, circles, lines, and True Type texts. Furthermore, it not only lets you specify the page ranges to convert but also supports single or multiple file conversion. It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Recognize and vectorize scanned raster images and convert them to vector drawings. It is helpful if you have a hand-drawn or scanned blueprint;
- Accurately recognize lines and arcs;
- Convert a specific page from PDF to CAD.
- It can't keep the original layers.
3. Print2CAD PDF to DWG Converter
You can also have a free download of Print2CAD PDF to DWG converter. This software converts PDF to DWG and DXF files that can be later edited by AutoCAD software. It supports raster and vector images in a PDF file. It converts them and ensures that the lines, arcs, and quality are maintained. This software is also built with other features that calibrate coordinates, recognize TFF texts as Native DWG, batch processing, page conversion, and selected pages conversion. It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista.
- Recognize text, symbol, layer and form；
- Multiple vectorization methods are available to vectorizes all PDF raster pictures as DWG/DXF, such as "Center Line Tracing", "Outline Tracing" or "Solidization".
- Expensive. The permanent licence costs $249.
Part 3: Best PDF to CAD Converter Online
1. AutoDWG PDF to DWG Converter
AutoCAD also offers a free online PDF to CAD converter for you to convert PDF without software. However, you should know that the online version has a slower conversion speed and the conversion result might not be as good as the desktop version. Anyhow, this online PDF to DWG converter is still very helpful if you are an occasional user and the PDF image that you have is of high quality. You can still get decent result with this online tool.
- A free PDF to CAD converter online without email registration;
- Retain lines, texts and PDF layers.
- The result is not satisfactory if the PDF image quality is poor.
2. Cadsofttools PDF to DWG Converter
This PDF to DAD converter online can convert a single PDF page as well as multi-page PDF DWG. It can retain lines, polylines, hatches, arces, ellipses of the original PDF. However, the free version has 2 limits: the maximum file size is 3MB and you can only convert 2 files per day.
- Very simple to use. And the online version is free to use;
- A desktop program is provided as well.
- 3MB file size limit.
3. Zamzar PDF to DWG Converter
Zamzar is a versatile online converter that supports PDF to CAD conversion. It is not a professional CAD converter so that the conversion result might not be as good as the above converters. Therefore, this PDF to CAD converter is a very good option for heavy users. It can convert up to 50MB PDF file for free. And you can also convert PDF to other file format, such as JPG, PNG with this tool.
- A full-featured PDF converter that supports many different file formats;
- Free to use for up to 50MB.
- Not a professional CAD converter so that it can't retain text, color, layer of the PDF images.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 3 Free PDF to DWG Converters
- How to Convert PDF to VSD
- How to Convert PDF to Vector
- How to Convert PDF to Indesign - Updated
- PNG to PDF: 6 Methods to Convert PNG to PDF