3 Steps to Convert XML to Text Easily
One of the simplest methods to make your XML files more flexible is by converting them from XML to text. Among other benefits of this conversion process, in .txt format, you can readily edit such files, introducing fresh content, expunging extraneous information. The XML format executes data storage in a structure which is not only machine-readable but also human-readable. On the Internet, there are myriads of XML to text converters. However, PDFelement stands head and shoulders above its rivals owing to its impressive bevy of quality features for document conversion to or from multiple formats.
Convert XML to Text with PDFelement
This section covers how to convert XML to text in 3 easy steps:
Step 1. Open an XML
In this first step, double-click your XML file to open it via your default browser on the computer. Alternatively, you may right-click the file, so you load it using Notepad or Microsoft Word.
Step 2. Print XML
Having opened this XML file, you should next click the "Print" option in the browser used for loading it. Then, you need to specify PDFelement as the printer to be employed for printing.
Step 3. Convert XML to Text
The last step is, hitting the "To Text" button to turn the file to .txt format.
Best XML to Text Converter
PDFelement is your ideal XML to text converter as it provides fantastic features to perform the conversion procedure efficiently, instantly and securely. It is a comprehensive solution to manage your documents professionally, allowing you convert files to or from up to 30 formats and carry out other operations. A reliable program, PDFelement offers versatile capabilities for opening, creating, editing, annotating and saving PDF documents.
It is innovatively designed to make how you work with files a lot easier and faster, helping you create top-notch PDF documents and forms. PDFelement has a remarkably attractive interface and robust OCR technology. With its Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tool, you can scan paper documents to generate their electronic versions. These are some top features of PDFelement:
- The software is an extremely effective and fast tool for turning XML to text.
- It is perfect for opening, editing, marking up, saving, and printing PDF documents.
- With its reliable password protection system, you can rest assured of solid security when working with your files in PDF and other formats.
- It is employed for adding, re-sizing, removing, moving, and rotating graphical elements in a PDF file.
- With PDFelement, you can convert PDF documents to or from multiple formats including Word, text, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPG, etc.
- Its customization features for converted PDFs are nifty.
- The program allows you create interactive form field and identify form field readily.
- It is used for data extraction from interactive PDF forms and for exporting such data in CSV format.
- PDFelement lets you approve as well as sign documents digitally.
- It is a great tool for inserting page numbers, page elements, and bates number.
Tips: Understanding What XML File Format Is
XML, short for EXtensible Markup Language, is a data file that is formatted in a very similar manner with an .HTML document. However, what makes XML different is that the format employs custom tags for defining objects as well as the data within each object. XML file format can be viewed as a text-based database.
It is pertinent to note XML doesn’t function as a replacement for HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) but can complement it. In Web designs, XML is deployed for Web data structuring and description, while the latter format is employed for formatting and displaying the same data.
Over the years, XML has emerged as a standard format of data storage and transfer between programs as well as over the Internet. Further, it can be employed by several other kinds of programs. The syntax of XML can be seen in a wide range of formats including Microsoft Office Open XML, .XHTML, .SVG, and LibreOffice OpenDocument.
While both are markup languages, .xml and .html files have a number of differences. These are examined below:
|Extensible Markup Language||Hypertext Markup Language|
|It was designed for describing data(using Document Type Definition) and focuses on what data is.||It was designed for displaying data and focuses on the way data looks.|
|Tags in this format aren't predefined which means an author has to define their own tags and document structure.||The tags employed for marking up HTML documents and their structure are pre-defined; this implies the author of an HTML document is only permitted to use tags defined in the HTML standard.|
|It is self-describing.||It is not.|
|XML is extensible.||The extensible format of HTML is XHTML(Extensible Hypertext Markup Language).|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Convert XML to XLS/XLSX Format on Windows
- How to Convert XML to Excel
- Convert XML to CSV in 2 Ways
- 4 Steps to Convert JPG to Excel
- 3 Steps to Convert XML to Word