How to Convert Scanned Document to PDF File
Any scanned document can be converted into different formats, including PDF. PDF is a great format for capturing and sending electronic documents in the intended layout, because it presents the same way across all devices. By converting a scanned document to PDF you can add more value to your important scanned documents. This article will help you learn how to convert scanned documents to PDF with PDFelement. This makes it easier to make modifications to a scanned document and save it into many output formats such as PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB and more. By using OCR (Optical Character Recognition), you can transform scanned documents into editable files.
How to Convert a Scanned Document to PDF
Learn how to save and edit a scanned document as a PDF file. Follow the steps below after you've ensured you downloaded and installed OCR.
Step 1. Import Scanned Document into PDFelement
Run PDFelement on your computer. The file can be opened directly with PDFelement by clicking on the "Open File" button.
Step 2. Change Scanned Document to PDF
Using the OCR function, the program will automatically detect the scanned file and then prompt you to use OCR. Click on the "Perform OCR" button from the top information bar and select the language of the document. You can then click "OK". While OCR is being performed, don't try to perform any other activities.
Step 3. Edit Content in Your PDF (Optional)
After the OCR is complete, you can further editing your document if necessary. PDFelement offers a variety of editing and annotation tools. To modify the text in your document, you can go to the "Edit" tab and choose "Edit". Then double click on the text which you want to edit and make the change.
Step 4. Save Your File as PDF
If you're satisfied with the changes you've made, you can now save the document in PDF format. Use the "Save" icon in the upper menu bar or you can go to "File > Save as". You will be able to choose where to save the file, and the file name.
PDFelement offers fast recognition of text, images, and numbers, and effectively keeps of document layout intact. It also supports a wide range of OCR languages, enabling you to get an editable file with high accuracy.
Video on How to Convert a Scanned Document to PDF
Tips for How to Convert Scanned Document to PDF using OCR
- There are more than twenty languages that you can select from. This will ensure that you won't have issues with the recognition of special characters in your document.
- If you have a larger document with hundreds of pages, you can customize the page range as you wish.
- After you access the OCR feature, you are able to select multiple options such as how your document should be displayed, the zoom view for your document, and the default font for a textbox.
- You can convert your files from multiple formats such as image, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB, HTML, into PDF and vice versa, from PDF to many other formats.
- 3 Easy Ways to Copy PDF to Word
- 4 Ways to Protect PDF from Copying
- How to Compress PDF File in Easy Way