Collect Signatures Easily Using Wondershare PDFelement eSign
Contracts and agreements are very important in the business world. To have legal proof that your partners agreed to the terms you set, you need them to sign a document. It used to be tedious, especially if multiple people were involved. You have to set a meeting or send the agreement to the signers individually. Computer tools have made it easier today. For example, Wondershare PDFelement has an eSign feature that lets you quickly collect signatures.
The signers do not need to be with you physically to sign. As long as they have an electronic device they can use, you can collect their signatures remotely.
- Part 1. The Traditional Way of Collecting Signatures
- Part 2. Collect Signatures Using Wondershare PDFelement
- Part 2.1. How To Collect Signatures Using Wondershare PDFelement eSign
- Part 2.2. How To Track Agreement Status on Wondershare PDFelement?
- Part 2.3. How To Sign Agreements Using Wondershare PDFelement
The traditional way of collecting signatures revolves around paper documents. You have to set a meeting to discuss the terms. If all parties agree to the terms, you can proceed to signing the contract. Of course, that requires all participants to be in the same room.
Fax and scanners opened more possibilities. You no longer have to be in the same room. They let you send copies of paper or digital documents to other people. The signers will then print the document, sign it, scan it, and send it back.
It is even more complicated if there are multiple signers. You have to wait for the first signer to send you the signed document before you can send it to the next signer.
As you can see, it is not practical, convenient, or efficient. There are too many steps and factors involved. It also wastes precious resources like paper, ink, and, most especially, time.
Thankfully, we have more advanced technology in our hands now. You can use eSign tools, computer programs designed for collecting signatures, to facilitate the signing process.
Wondershare PDFelement has helped countless people with document management. And it just got even better with the revamp of its eSign tool. Wondershare PDFelement now lets you sign documents with digital certificates and collect signatures from others.
Wondershare PDFelement's Request eSign feature lets you batch-send documents to many people. You can assign the signature fields to each person to let them know where to sign. Because you are sending them the same document, signers don't need to wait for their turn.
Another thing that makes it really convenient is its availability. Signers can sign documents anywhere and with any device by clicking the button in the email notification.
Wondershare PDFelement will notify you when signers have signed the agreement. You can also check how many of them still have not yet signed the agreement. These features make things so easy.
You can watch this video to learn how to send signature requests to other people.
Here are the steps to sending eSign requests with Wondershare PDFelement:
- Launch Wondershare PDFelement and open the document that needs signatures. Go to the Protect tab > select Request eSign.
- In the new window, find the "Add Recipients" field and type in the signers' email addresses.
- Suppose you need to be the first signer. Check the box for "Send me the first." Otherwise, check the box for "Send me the last."
- Enter your message into the Message box.
- Set how frequent the reminders will be under the "Settings" section. Also, set the signing order. Then, click Next.
- Drag and drop the desired signature fields to their position. Some of the most important ones are the Signature/Initial, Date, and Company.
- Click Send.
As mentioned above, you can track the status of the agreement. With this feature, you would know who to send a follow-up email to. Furthermore, it allows you to take immediate action after the agreement has been signed by all.
Here is how to check the status of the agreements.
- Open Wondershare PDFelement, log into your account, and click Agreement.
- You can see the list of the agreements you sent out for signatures. At the right side of the window is the "Status" column. Check the label. It would say "Completed" if all have signed the document. If not, you will see something like "0 / 3 completed." The actual values depend on how many have signed the document and the total number of signers.
- Click the Update button to refresh the list.
Remember to also check your emails regularly. Wondershare PDFelement will send you email notifications when a signer viewed the agreement or signed it.
Wondershare PDFelement allows users to collect signatures easily. So it would not be surprising if it is also the eSign tool your partners use. What to do when they send you an eSign request? Follow these steps:
A. Sign Documents Using the Wondershare PDFelement Desktop App
- Open Wondershare PDFelement and click Agreement.
- Open the agreement that you need to sign. It will have the label "Waiting for me."
- Click the Sign tag to get directed to the signature fields assigned to you.
- Click the signature field to sign. Select a method for creating your signature:
- Type - type your signature and apply a font style and color to it.
- Draw - use your mouse or stylus to freehand draw your signature.
- Upload - import an image of your signature and convert it into a digital signature.
- Click OK > Click to Sign > Next.
B. Sign Documents Using the Email Link
- Open the email notification and click Sign the Document.
- Check the I agree with EULA and Privacy to use electronic records and signature checkbox. You can click the EULA or Privacy to view and read them. Click Continue to proceed.
- Find and click the Signature/Initial field.
- First-time users must create a signature first. Again, you can type it, draw it, or upload an image of it.
- Click Save. The signature will be applied to the document and will be saved for future use.
Wondershare gives you one more way to collect signatures. You can use Wondershare Document Cloud. Here's how to use it:
- Sign into Wondershare Document Cloud using your Wondershare ID. Click Sign >Initiate once logged in.
- Upload the file that you want others to sign by clicking Add File or dragging and dropping the file into the box. Ensure Digital Signature is checked, then click Next.
- Select if you need to sign the document or not by checking or unchecking the I need to sign the document . If you need to, select between Sign first and Sign last.
- Add the signers' email addresses. Click Next.
- Drag and drop the signature fields and other necessary form fields into the contract. Click Next once done.
- Click Send to send the signature request.
Wondershare PDFelement makes collecting signatures so much easier. You can send an agreement to many people simultaneously. The recipients can sign it anywhere and on any device. And you get updates when signers view or sign the document. The best thing is that it does not stop there! Wondershare PDFelement also allows you to sign agreements very conveniently. That said, it is for sure one of the strongest eSign tools that you can use.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- A Comprehensive Guide on Changing Signature in DocuSign and PDFelement
- Signing a PDF With Digital Certificate Signature
- Signing Documents Using CDAC eSign or Its Alternative: Wondershare PDFelement