Top 8 PDF Editors for Students
PDF is increasingly becoming the most popular format in education circles because it is universal and secure. However, editing these documents may prove troublesome and that is where PDF editors save the day. There are countless PDF editors in the market. In order to find the best PDF editor for students, factors like functionalities, features, advantages, and disadvantages should be considered. Here is a list of 8 remarkable editors for students.
8 Best PDF Editor for Students
PDFelement is definitely the best pdf editor for students. It has lots of incredible tools for adding comments, online document filling, electronic signature input and the newest OCR technology. It is excellent for students wanting to combine documents, split files, security, files processing, document conversion, among others.
- It can generate PDF documents flawlessly. The PDFs can be converted to many formats without compromising the overall quality.
- Effortless editing and conversion. It comes loaded with excellent editing and conversion tools. Students can edit PDFs, scanned files, images, and many more. Better yet, the conversion speed is really impressive.
- Excellent for adding markups. This program also allows students to add bookmarks, comments, signature, and many more.
- Make private documents tamperproof with password or redaction. The PDFs can be password protected or permissions added to avoid editing.
- Easy document compilation and splitting. Students can merge documents, organize pages, and even combine different PDFs.
- Fast OCR and bulk processing. The OCR tools make it simple for students to edit scanned PDFs.
- Compatible with Windows and MacOS.
- Available free try-outs with basic features. Trial version available for first-time users. The subscription plans are comparatively cheaper.
Discount for Students: A 50% price cut for students.
Systems Compatibility: Works excellently with both Windows and Mac operating software. It supports even the latest versions of both software.
2. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is another best PDF editor for students. It offers a variety of tools that students can use on their PDF documents. The personal version is fantastic for students as opposed to the business version.
- Powerful and fast.
- Incorporated OCR technology to modify scanned text and pictures.
- Effortlessly supply information on a form and sign automatically.
- Document protection tools available.
- Ability to combine or split files.
- Availability of a free trial version.
- The free trial has fewer editing options.
- Relatively expensive when compared to other PDF editors.
Discount for Students: The personal version currently goes for $159.99. Unlike PDFelement they do not offer academic price reduction but they provide 1 to 2 years support.
Systems Compatibility: Nitro Pro is designed solely for all Windows versions: Windows 10, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP. Currently, Mac system is not supported.
3. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
Adobe Acrobat has been the mainstay PDF editing software for years especially for Windows 10. Recently, other PDF editors for students have overtaken it due to its high cost when it comes to personal use. However, it is still excellent for business purposes.
- First-rate editing tools.
- It has a modern and user-friendly interface.
- Availability of OCR technology and bulk processing.
- Create documents with ease.
- Easy extraction of images and texts.
- Convert quickly to other formats.
- Fast opening and evaluation of documents.
- It is comparatively expensive which can be difficult for those with limited budgets.
Discount for Students: It costs about $15 per month or $299 annual fee. Students and teachers can get it at $239.88 per year or a 19.99 per month fee.
Systems Compatibility: Adobe Acrobat Pro supports every Windows system. It is also compatible with mac systems.
4. Foxit Phantom PDF
Foxit Phantom PDF is another editing alternative for students. They have joined the mac market recently after being only in the Windows market since its launch.
- Contemporary picture and text editing tools.
- Modern privacy and censoring features.
- Latest OCR technology.
- Electronic signatures options and OCR technology.
- Available 14-day free trial stage.
- Reasonably inexpensive.
- Easy conversion, splitting, and merging of files.
- Accessibility in several languages.
- Tutorials are available for new students.
- Complicated files may be difficult to handle with their OCR technology.
- The free trial does not give access to some features.
Discount for Students: This PDF editor has three categories: education, standard, and business. The education category is excellent for students and it costs about $9.95 per year. At $9.95 per year, it is one of the cheapest but fairly competent PDF editors for students.
Systems Compatibility: All Windows systems are supported. Mac systems are compatible as well.
It may not be as famous as the rest but it offers great features for students. Being a word processor, you can easily reformat and edit a Word document. It is a free PDF editor for students.
- Modify images with ease.
- You can change headers and footers easily.
- Its features are easy to learn.
- Supports some Ms Word tools.
- It is free.
- It cannot perform certain functions.
- The output is a relatively low quality when compared to other editors.
Discount for Students: Download and use for free.
Systems Compatibility: The PDF editor supports all Windows software. It is also compatible with Mac.
This is another PDF editor suitable for students. Despite being free it still has remarkable editing features.
- Enables you to sign electronically.
- Easy note-making tools.
- Easy addition of links to a document.
- There is no restriction on time or the number of pages you can edit.
- When compared to other PDF editors Sejda offers little PDF protection options.
- You won't have OCR technology.
- Their interface is not as modern as for the others.
- There are limits on free software.
Discount for Students: This PDF editor has three categories: The Week Pass for $5, the Monthly Pass for $7.5 and the Desktop + Web Yearly Pass for $63. You can use the free version as a student despite its restrictions. They have limited use to 50MB or 200 pages per hour which aren't that bad for a student.
Systems Compatibility: Works well with every Windows system. Supports the mac system.
7. PDF Buddy
This is another free PDF editor for students that allows you to edit your documents online. There is no installation needed.
- Easy upload and modification of documents.
- You learn to use it in seconds.
- Easy registration.
- It is free for Windows.
- Highlight and censor content.
- There is a lack of certain features such as merging options and options to create new files.
- Security is not guaranteed because editing is done online.
Discount for Students: It is free.
Systems Compatibility: It is compatible with all Windows systems. It works well with Mac system.
8. Nuance Power PDF
Nuance Power PDF is also another PDF editor for students with excellent features. It has new tools like voice automated recognition technology.
- It has voice recognition technology.
- It provides conversion, modification, and note taking.
- Offers protection options.
- It is compatible with many systems.
- Expensive when compared to various PDF editors out there.
- The user interface is not suitable for new comers.
Discount for Students: The cost of Nuance begins at $149. Students from accredited institutions can use Nuance Academic Editions.
Systems Compatibility: It has great compatibility with Windows systems.
Comparison of the Best PDF Editor for Students
Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Windows, Mac||Windows||Windows, Mac||Windows|
|Ease of use|
|Running Speed (100 pages conversion)||60 seconds||About 2 minutes||Exceeds 2 minutes||Approx. 2 minutes||More than 1 minute|
|Price||50% off for students, starts from $34.5||$239.88 per year or a 19.99 per month for the first year||No discount for students||No discount for students||The cost of Nuance begins at $149.|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 5 Free Online Typing Tutor in 2020
- Top 10 Must-Have Software for Law Students
- How to Get Adobe Student Pricing
- Top 5 CAD Software for Students
- Top 5 College Management System in 2020