Top 10 Student Software in 2022
Education and study have become easier for the current generation in the presence of a plethora of software and technology-related tools. Still, many useful tools are out of the reach of the students because of their high price. But don't worry as we are going to feature the top 10 free software for students in this post. So, without further ado, let's find out the best ones.
10 Must-Have Software for Students
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is a full-fledged software that enables you to do wonders with your assignments, homework, projects, and even business-related tasks. It is equipped with lots of powerful features such as document conversion, PDF editing, data extraction, and much more. So, PDFelement literally saves you a lot of time and money while working on your projects.
- Edit texts, images, graphics and other elements in PDF documents smoothly.
- Document conversion from PDF to 300+ formats and vice versa.
- Comment and review PDF documents with notes, strikethrough, free-hand drawing etc.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to transform scanned PDF into editable and selectable.
- Add and apply digital signature to your documents.
- Customized forms and fill forms as per your requirements.
- Encrypt PDF documents with many methods including redaction, password, permission etc.
- Multitasking software
- Highly secure
- High running speed
- Support batch process
- User friendly interface and toolbar
- TrustRadius Top Rated 2019
- No negative aspect found till now
Price: It offers a 50% discount for students.
2: Office 365
Microsoft Office is one of the most popular software pack which contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and many other software. Fortunately, Microsoft is offering a completely FREE license of Office 365 for students and educators. Using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can easily create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations within no time.
- Real-time document creation and editing
- Powerful spreadsheet software along with formulas and filters
- Pre-built templates and samples
- Add-ons and plugins supported
- Free email client included
- Must have an academic email to get it
- Consumes system resources a lot
Price: It is totally free for students, teachers, and even an entire school can be qualified for it. But you must have an academic email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get Office 365 for free.
Canva is another web-based software for students that comes with a plethora of wonderful features, even in its free version. It enables you to create custom graphics of any size for several purposes such as Facebook posts, banners, advertisements, and many more. It is loaded with thousands of free resources and is the best match for anyone who needs custom graphics but doesn't know how to use Photoshop.
- Drag and drop editor
- Pre-built templates available for free
- Photo editing
- Photo revamping and retouching
- Free version is fantastic
- Extremely simple
- Saves designer cost
- Video content not supported
- High-quality stock images are limited
Price: Its free version is too good and works well for beginners and intermediate users. While the paid version is worth $12.95 per month. With such great features and price, Canva is one of the best software for students.
Lightworks is said to be one of the best video editing software that is equipped with a plethora of advanced features. Loaded with built-in effects and a user-friendly text editor, it is truly the best software for beginners. On its official site, lots of tutorials are uploaded while the community helps you in many ways.
- Video editing and trimming on timeline
- Export videos in 4K format
- User-friendly interface
- A complete package for professional video editors
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Powerful audio tools
- Social sharing supported
- 3d video editing not included
- No video capture
- No video stabilization
Price: You can purchase Lightworks for $174/year or $437 for a lifetime license.
5: Dia Diagram Editor
Dia Diagram Editor is a super-flexible software that is used to draw circuit diagrams and flowcharts. Its user-friendly interface enables you to draw your desired diagrams right away. Also, you can draw many other shapes and diagrams such as energy shapes, chemistry shapes, and engineering shapes. It is the best student software for engineering and chemistry students.
- Supported on Windows and Mac
- Flowcharts and organizational charting
- Best for maps and other diagrams
- Easy-to-use tools
- Better than many competitor software
- No diagram correction evaluation in the software
- No online support or forums
Price: Dia Diagram Editor is a free software for students, as well as, professionals who don't want to spend extra cost on purchasing premium software.
An average student may have over a dozen accounts on different websites such as email, social networking sites, and many more. So, it's a big headache to use complex passwords and remember them when needed. LogMeOnce adds an extra layer of security on all our accounts and protects our accounts using pin logins, fingerprint logins, and photo identification login.
- Account freeze, Anti-theft, and Mugshot
- 2-factor authentication
- You can go completely passwordless
- GPS location and IP address tracking
- You don't need to remember a plethora of passwords
- 4 different security options
- Free security tools for mobile phones
- What will you do if LogMeOnce account is compromised
- Not a user-friendly interface
Price: This wonderful password manager will cost you as low as $1 per month for unlimited apps and passwords. With such a low price, it is one of the best student software in 2019.
Paint.net was the childhood crush of many of us because it was the only fun software in Windows which we used to spend our time on. Paint.net is an even more advanced version and if you have used Photoshop, you'll find many Photoshop-like tools in Paint.net. This classic software also supports plugins developed by the community.
- User-friendly interface that enables you to work on it straight away
- Unlimited edit history
- Automatic updates and lots of languages supported
- Also works in layers like Photoshop
- Supports image conversion to about 8 formats
- Special effects included
- You must install the .net framework to install paint.net which slows down your system
- Limited control over text
Price: Fortunately, this state-of-the-art image editing software for students is totally free and you don't need to pay a single penny to install and use it.
8: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS is one of the best and must-have software for students. It helps you to recover your important data that is deleted accidentally. Using Easeus Data Recovery Wizard, you can even recover entire partitions and hard drives. It is fast, reliable, and up to the mark.
- User-friendly interface
- You can recover 1000+ types of files
- Free recovery of up to 2GB of data
- The recovery process is effective than other similar software
- Lots of search filters
- Lightning-fast output
- Not customizable
Price: Its free trial can also be used to recover up to 2GB of data for free. While it's Pro version costs you $69.95 one-time payment.
9: Cold Turkey
Now, this is something interesting for most of the students. Nowadays, there are many distractions on the internet that do not let you prepare for your exams or do your routine work. Using Cold Turkey, you can block yourself from using sites such as Facebook, YouTube, or whatever site kills most of your time. It works on Windows and Mac and supports most of the popular browsers.
- Motivates you to concentrate on your work
- Unlimited number of websites can be added to your block list
- Block anything and everything
- Ability to block Google searches
- Add a whitelist of trusted and allowed websites
- Block applications and games
- Scheduled blocking
- Nothing special, it's a wonderful tool.
Price: It is free of cost with limited features while its full-fledged pro pack is available in $34.40 with a lifetime license. For students, there is a 20% discount that means it will cost a student around $27 for a lifetime license.
Mint is an online and browser-based tool that enables you to keep a tight check on every single penny you spend. It keeps a track of all the transactions you made through almost all the financial institutions and banks. It is more like a full-fledged account section for you.
- Weekly or monthly budgeting
- Payment and bill alerts
- Payment tracking
- Allows you to reduce your extra expenses
- Literally, see everything in a single place
- Super-simple and user-friendly
- No bill payment facility
- Synchronization issues
- No reconciliation of bank statements
Price: Mint is a totally free-to-use web app and charge you nothing.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Guide to Get Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019
- Tips to Get Nitro PDF Student Discount
- Top 5 College Management System
- Top 5 Student Attendance Management System
- How to Get Adobe Student Pricing