Top 6 Educational Software in 2021
Online education software has become an essential part of education, and integral tool for students and teachers to use. Nowadays, you cannot imagine a teacher preparing a lesson without some educational software. Or a student preparing for test, or learning without educational software for students.
That being said, there are many types of educational software. Each of them fills a specific need. For example, you can find software for desktop publishing, graphic software, reference software, dictionaries, notes software, simulations, tutorial software, and much more. Today, we will talk about some of the most useful software for educators and students.
Top 6 Educational Software
PDF software is one of the educational software type that is becoming integral part of education. PDF files are versatile, and they are not dependent on any operating system or other software. As such, they can be transferred between multiple platforms. PDF software allows you to edit, open, convert PDF, and much more. And with the right software, you can easily manipulate your documents.
PDFelement is one of the most comprehensive PDF software on the market. It features a familiar ribbon design, similar to Microsoft Office. Easy to use, the software comes with a number of features that will make everything easier.
- Edit any elements like text, images, background in the PDF document.
- Annotate files for better collaboration on a project.
- Optimize and resize documents so you can send them via email.
- Conversion of more than 300 different file formats to PDF or vice versa.
- Use OCR to turn any image or screenshot into fully editable and searchable PDF document.
- Share documents easily with your fellow students.
- Merge files and split files due to your specific requirements.
Price: Students and educators can apply for the 50% off educational discount.
Chances are, you will take a lot of notes during your education. OneNote is one of the best, if not the best application for taking notes. And if you have a touchscreen PC, tablet, or smartphone, it makes things even easier. OneNote allows you to write notes, highlight, and mark things up with a pen.
Not only that, but OneNote can also serve as your storage for work and shared files. You can save files for later reference, or share notebooks with friends and fellow students. This is one of the must-have educational software for students.
- Offers multiple notebook options
- Great for increasing productivity
- Cloud-based nature
- Offers customization options
- Android application can sometimes crash
- Requires steep learning curve
- Lots of customization options make it chaotic
Price: OneNote is essentially free, and comes as part of the Office365 subscription. The program cannot be bought separately. Microsoft offers the Office365 as part of the Student2019 plan, which is $119.99 as a one-time purchase.
3. TheSage Dictionary
TheSage is a dictionary at your fingertips. That is the most basic explanation for this easy-to-use English dictionary. Comprehensive and multifaceted, the dictionary offers more than 210.000 definitions, synonyms, antonyms, pronunciations, and much more.
You can do phonetic, wildcard, or use the application as a rhyme assistant. Works on Android, Windows, and Mac. During installation, you will be asked whether you want to install the usual way or make it a portable version. If you chose the latter, you can copy the app to a thumb drive and take it with you anywhere you go.
- Dictionary on the go
- More than 210.000 definitions and synonyms
- Works on multiple operating systems
- Confusing organization
- Could benefit from talk-to-text feature
Price: Standard version is free, but not allowed for commercial use. The pro version, which allows commercial use and custom appearance, costs $10.
Even if you are not a photography student, you will need some basic photo editing. And while Photoshop might require a steep learning curve, Polarr is simple. The application doesn't try to be Photoshop. Instead, it is quite intuitive, and offers filters on the left and right.
The educational software does a good job with filters for quick visual refresh and some more advanced tools if you need to perform more sophisticated edit.
- Intuitive design
- You instantly see what edits are doing to the picture
- Limited to 8-bit JPEGs
- Exports everything in an RGB color space
Price: Polarr is now on a subscription basis, and it cost less than $10 per month.
Edmodo is one of the best application for connecting teachers and students. The educational software provides unlimited storage for teachers, integration with Microsoft Office, Global teacher collaboration, and much more.
Educators can use it to talk about ideas, lessons, issues, and for giving lessons to their students as well. The application also allows parental access to students' homework, tests, grades, and much more. Teachers can also use the application for classroom announcements. Also, it is useful for students who can find videos or educational content.
- Excellent tool for collaboration between teachers
- Great for connecting teachers and students
- Parental access
- High price
- No content authoring tools
- Limited third-party integration
Price: The “fremium” pricing means the application can be used free, but for a premium access, it costs $2,500 per school year.
Simply put, Sensavis is an interactive educational software for bringing the process of learning to the 21st century. Targeted at schools and universities, the software offers in-depth instruction for science subjects. Can provide content in several different subject areas, and both students and teachers can take advantage of the program.
- Can be used to create classroom videos
- Lots of science content
- In-depth instruction
- Limited to windows and iPad
- Can be confusing
Price: The software offers 30-day trial, after which it costs $399.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 Must-Have Software for Law Students
- Top 8 PDF Editors for Students
- Top 5 College Management System in 2021
- How to Get Adobe Student Pricing
- Top 5 CAD Software for Students