Signing Documents Using CDAC eSign or Its Alternative: Wondershare PDFelement
The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) has created an eSign tool. It is called the e-Hastakshar, but is commonly referred to as CDAC eSign service. This online service allows users to sign digital documents with certificate signatures. Read this article to learn how to use it and who can use it.
Suppose the tool is not available for you. Don't worry. You can use Wondershare PDFelement eSign, which is just as efficient, instead.
- Part 2.1 How To Send PDF for Signatures Using Wondershare PDFelement
- Part 2.2 How To Sign PDF Contracts With Certificate
- Part 2.3 How To Verify Signatures With Wondershare PDFelement
CDAC eSign is an online eSignature tool. It lets you upload an unsigned document and download it as a signed document. The tool was designed to let Aadhaar card holders digitally sign documents legally. CDAC eSign utilizes the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for online authentication. Likewise, it uses the Aadhaar e-KYC service.
Because CDAC eSign is an online tool, you can use it anywhere. Thus, it offers a hassle-free way of signing documents.
- CDAC eSign offers IT Act-conforming digital signatures.
- Only the hash or thumbprint of the document is required, so users' privacy is secured.
- It follows CCA and Aadhaar security guidelines.
- It uses Aadhaar OTP-based authentication.
- This service offers Aadhaar-eKYC-OTP class of Digital Certificate
- Signing documents online is much faster than signing them on paper.
- Using OTP/Biometric-based authentication for Aadhaar eKYC ensures security.
- Unlike digital handwritten signatures and e-signatures, certificate signatures cannot be faked.
- You can access CDAC eSign anytime, anywhere.
So, how to use this eSign service to sign digital documents? Simply follow this series of steps:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the CDAC eSign Service/e-Hastakshar webpage.
- Click Browse.
- Select the document that you want to sign > click Open.
- Select the appropriate ESP URL.
- Click Submit.
- Click Get OTP.
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number on Aadhaar. Enter the OTP to the Enter Your Aadhaar OTP field.
- Check I have read and provide my consent.
- Click Submit.
- The online tool will sign the document using your Aadhaar certificate. Click Download File.
- On the pop-up window, select Save file > OK.
- Open the downloaded file to check and verify the digital signature.
Signing documents with CDAC eSign is convenient. The signatures are legal, as per the IT Act. However, there is one big problem. It is a tool for Aadhaar card holders. Meaning only citizens of India can use it.
Thankfully, there are other eSign apps that people in the US and Europe can use. At the top of the list is Wondershare PDFelement.
Wondershare PDFelement's electronic signatures are secure. This app adheres to security and industry standards like HIPAA and ISO 27001. It also follows data protection regulations (GDPR) and other internet security-related standards (PDS2, Swift, CMMC, and NITES). That said, you can rest assured that the signature is legal and valid and that your privacy is protected.
Unlike CDAC eSign, Wondershare PDFelement also allows you to send signature requests to others. Thus, you can use it for contract signing and similar activities.
Here are the steps to follow if you are trying to send signature requests to others.
- Open the PDF with Wondershare PDFelement. Click Protect > Request eSign.
- Check Add me the first if you want to sign the document before others. Otherwise, check Add me the last.
- A new window will appear. Find the "Add Recipients" field. Add the email addresses of the people that need to sign the document. You can rearrange them easily with drag and drop.
- Type your message into the Message box to let the recipients know your intent.
- Set the signing order and frequency of updates under the Settings section. Click Next.
- Drag and drop the signature fields to add them to the PDF. Once done, click Next.
Did someone send you a signature request? Wondershare PDFelement allows you to sign it easily. Here are the steps to follow to do that.
A. Sign Contracts with Certificate Using Wondershare PDFelement Desktop App
You can use the desktop app to sign the said agreement:
- Open Wondershare PDFelement and ensure you are logged in. Find and click Agreements on the left panel.
- Find and open one with the label "Waiting for me."
- Find the signature fields that you need to sign. Click the Sign tag to find them easily.
- Click the signature field and add your signature through your preferred method. You can create your signature by uploading an image, typing it, or drawing it.
- Click OK to apply the signature to the document.
- Click Click to Sign > Next to complete the signing process.
B. Sign Contracts With Certificate Using the Email Link
You will receive an email notification if someone has sent you a signature request. You can sign it directly using the link provided in the email. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the email notification. Click the Sign the Document button.
- Tick the "I agree with EULA and Privacy to use electronic records and signature" checkbox. Click Continue.
- Find and click the Signature/Initial field.
- Create a signature by uploading a photo of your signature. Alternatively, draw your signature or type your name and apply a font style and color.
- Click Save. The signature will be applied to the document and saved for future use.
- Click Download and select how you want to download the signed document.
Wondershare PDFelement has a certificate verification feature. It lets you ensure the signature was not faked. Here is how you do it.
- Open the signed PDF on the Agreement panel.
- Upon opening the document, a notification saying, "Signed and all signatures are valid." should appear. If a different notification appears, there is a problem with at least one signature.
- Click Protect > Manage Signatures > Validate All Signatures.
- Select Certificate Details.
- The Certificate window will appear, showing you information about the certificate signature. Examine it to verify and validate the signature.
Here is a direct comparison between the CDAC eSign service and Wondershare PDFelement eSign.
Wondershare PDFelement eSign
CDAC eSign Service
|Follows Security and Industry Standards||
Wondershare PDFelement follows and adheres to the following:
● E-Sign Act
● ISO 27001
CDAC eSIgn follows the following:
● CCA security guidelines
● Aadhaar security guidelines
● IT Act
|Available in What Regions||● Mainly in USA and Europe||● India|
● Send signature requests to others
● Verify signatures
● Other PDF management features
● Yes, Wondershare PDFelement allows you to sign documents on any device using an email link.
● You can also use Wondershare Document Cloud for eSign.
|● You can access CDAC eSIgn service anywhere because it is an online service.|
CDAC eSign is a great tool for digitally signing documents in a legal way. While that is the only thing it can do, it is excellent at its job. It gives Indian citizens a reliable and effective eSign tool.
Suppose you are not an Aadhaar card holder or you do not live in India. Unfortunately, you can't use CDAC eSign. But you can use other tools, like Wondershare PDFelement eSign. As you can see from the table, it offers other features besides letting you sign documents. Furthermore, security is also not an issue because PDFelement follows security standards. That said, it is the best alternative that you can use.
Both CDAC eSign and Wondershare PDFelement are amazing tools. They allow you to sign documents without printing and scanning them. Wondershare PDFelement also allows you to collect signatures from others and verify signatures. It makes agreement signing even faster. Since it is affordable, user-friendly, and available in many regions, you can't go wrong with it. Indeed, Wondershare PDFelement is the best eSign solution in the market right now.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- DocuSign Cost Analysis: A Deep Dive into Pricing Models and Its Alternative
- All You Need To Know About DocHub PDF Sign & Edit: A Complete Guide
- Ultimate Guide to DottedSign and the Perfect Alternate Platforms