How to Remove Highlight in PDF
This can happen to any of us, you highlight text in PDF accidentally, and you want to remove it. Highlights and other annotation tools allow us to add emphasis to certain sections. But when you put your mind on autopilot, you might highlight something by mistake. Can you remove highlight from PDF? Of course, you can. Whether you highlight a single word, a line, or the whole paragraph, we will show you how to delete highlight in PDF with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
Part 1: How to Remove Highlight from PDF for Free
Wondershare has featured some of the best tools in the market. While providing fully-packed tools, it has also focused on delivering simple, accessible, and convenient tools. Wondershare PDF Reader is a prominent example that helps users perform many simple annotating functions across their PDF documents. It's completely free for Windows to use. If you want to perform a simple task to remove highlight from PDF, you can consider using a PDF reader by following the steps below.
Step 1. Open the Highlighted PDF in PDF Reader
Download and install PDF Reader across your desktop. On launching it, tap on "Open files" to import the document from which you wish to remove highlights.
Step 2. Remove Highlight from PDF
On importing the file, you need to tap on the "Comment" section present on the left-side panel of the screen. This opens up the comments and highlights done across the menu.
Locate the appropriate highlight that you wish to remove from the PDF. Once located, right-click and select “Delete” from the drop-down menu. Or you can single-click the highlighted text and then press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove the Highlights. This will remove highlights from PDF successfully. On completion, save the document.
Part 2: How to Remove All Highlight in PDF with PDFelement
The highlight tool is quite useful. It enables you to flag text in the PDF document, and you can also add comments to the flagged section. Usually, the flagged text has a yellow highlight, but you can also change the color. If you do no longer need the highlighted section, you can easily remove it. Or, you might have highlighted it by mistake.
On the other hand, imagine receiving a document with 300 pages, and there are highlights in yellow, green, and blue. You want to remove all highlights from the PDF in yellow. Or all the blue highlights. Imagine going through the PDF, and removing the highlights one by one. That can be time-consuming. Well, luckily, PDFelement gives you an option for how to delete all highlights in PDF. And you can do it in a matter of minutes.
Step 1. Open PDF in the PDF Highlight Remover
Launch PDFelement, and then locate the file you want to remove the highlight. You can either go to "File" > "Open", or drag and drop the PDF file into the program.
Step 2. Remove All Highlights from PDF
After opening the PDF file in PDFelement, in the left panel of the document, you will notice five icons. Those are the thumbnail, bookmark, comment, attachment, and search features. Click on the "Comment" icon. Now, a window will open and list all the comments. Select the highlights you want to delete by holding the "Ctrl" key and clicking the highlights. If you accidentally select one, you can unselect by holding the Ctrl and clicking again.
Once you select all the highlights, simply press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. Or, you can right-click, and then click on "Delete". After removing all highlights from PDF, you can save the PDF file.
To remove single highlighting from PDF, please follow steps below.
- 1. Go to the Comment tab and find the highlighting on your PDF.
- 2. Hover the cursor over the highlighted text.
- 3. Right-click to open the menu.
- 4. Click Delete to remove the highlighting.
Step 3. Save PDF
Click the "File">"Save as" button to save the PDF file after deleting highlight in PDF. If you need to edit the PDF, you can also do so before saving the PDF.
Part 3: How to Remove Highlight from PDF Online
If you are into online platforms, Wondershare Document Cloud is a very effective option that can be considered to remove all highlights from PDF. To effectively cover this process, you need to look into the steps below.
Step 1. Access the Online Tool to Delete Highlight in PDF
You need to open the official website for Wondershare Document Cloud and tap on "Access Cloud" to open the interface for Document Cloud. Log in to the platform if required.
Step 2. Upload PDF File to Remove Highlight
On the next screen, you need to tap on “Upload Files” to import the file that needs to be edited. On a successful open, you would be redirected to a new screen.
Step 3. Remove Highlights in PDF
Once the file opens on a new screen, you need to tap on "Add Comment" to lead to the required tools for removing the highlights. Across the "Comments" column, you will observe the highlight performed across the document. You can perform either of the functions to remove the highlight from the PDF.
- On tapping across the highlight within the document, you will observe a “Delete” icon alongside the highlight. Click to remove the highlight.
- You can also see details of the highlighted content across the “Comment” column. Tap on the three-dotted icon and tap “Delete” to remove highlight from PDF.
Part 4: The Best Tool to Remove Highlight from PDF
This article has featured a distinctive introduction to three different tools for removing highlights from a PDF document. If you are looking for a quick solution without any downloads, Wondershare Document Cloud is a good option to go for. Regardless of its easy-to-use interface, this platform requires a sustained internet connection to work on. For this, you can go for offline remedies.
While looking into the offline remedies, Wondershare PDF Reader is an option that offers simple editing functions across a free system. PDF Reader can be an excellent option with no subscriptions if your task requires simple edits. In contrast, Wondershare PDFelement is a feature-rich tool that works on many functions, making itself a perfect PDF manager.
Designed with usability and simplicity, the software gives you full control over the content. There are many transformation possibilities, as well as customization options. Featuring a familiar user interface, you can master PDFelement in a matter of minutes. Navigation relies on simple and fully-optimized design. You can do almost everything with a single click.
So, let's go through all the features and analyze what makes PDFelement one of the best professional PDF software on the market.
- Protect sensitive data with a 256-bit password encryption
- Redact text to protect sensitive content within the document
- Create and manage digital signatures
- Assign permission for team members to change the content
- Insert text, image, or link within the document
- Add watermark to the PDF document
- Edit the background or adjust the visible page of the PDF document
- Optimize PDF to reduce the file size
- Perform OCR to turn scanned documents and images into searchable and editable text
- Convert to Office formats, rich text format, Epub, HTML, image, or text format
- Insert pages, split pages, or extract pages from the document
- Extract data to CSV file
- Auto recognize and create interactive form fields
- Share your document directly from PDFelement via email, Dropbox, or Google Drive
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Remove Highlight in PDF
- How to Read and View PDF on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and the Cloud
- How to Open PDF Files Easily and Quickly
- How to Use PDF Software in the Documents of Quality Management Systems
- How Does PDF Facilitate the Digital Transformation of the Architectural Design Industry