Steps to Add Lines to PDF
There are a number of reasons why you need to add lines to PDF. For starters, you might need to highlight lines and areas on a map, especially if you work in real estate. Or you need to add lines to a lease agreement. Whatever the case, lines are quite useful tools in a PDF document. How to add line in PDF? Well, the first thing you need is a good PDF editor. Our pick is PDFelement. Today, we will talk about the steps to add line in PDF. The main reason why you do that is to highlight relations between sections.
How to Add Lines to PDF
Lines are part of the annotation tools in PDF editors. You can insert horizontal lines under each number, or you can draw lines to connect sections. Whatever the case, this is the guide for how to add a line in PDF using PDFelement.
Step 1. Load Document
Start by launching PDFelement and opening your document. There are a couple of ways to open your file. The simplest is "File" > "Open". If you used this file before, you will find it under "Recent" on the home screen. Or, if you want a different file format, click on Create PDF on the home screen and locate the document you want to add lines.
Step 2. Add Lines
Go to the Comment section and click the "Lines" icon in the toolbar. You will notice the icon is a diagonal line. Hold "Shift" and draw the line, either a horizontal or vertical line. It will always be a straight line. If you want a diagonal line, release the Shift key and draw the line. Holding "Shift" will prevent you from certain angles.
Step 3. Edit Lines
Now that you know how to add lines to PDF, let's go to the next step. PDFelement allows you to edit the lines you've added. Select the Line, and you can move it by holding the mouse cursor. Right-click, and go to Properties to edit the Line. You can change the start, end, and style of the Line. You can also change the thickness, color, and opacity. If you like to add notes, either double-click the line, or right-click and select "Open pop-up note".
You can also cut, copy, paste, and delete the lines. If you want to use the same line over and over again, right-click on the line, and select “Use as Default”. This will set the default settings for all the lines you add.
Step 4. Save PDF Document
When you finish editing and adding lines, simply go File > Save. That is it
The Best Tool to Add Lines to PDF
Drawing tools allow you to add graphic elements into your PDF document. We saw how easy it is to add lines to PDF using PDFelement. The software can also help you add other graphic elements like polygons, ovals, rectangles, and much more.
PDFelement is one of the easiest ways to create, edit, convert, and manage PDF documents. Available for both Mac and Windows, the software is as easy as they come. Sold in 9 different languages, it is a great international software as well.
The best part about PDFelement is simplicity. You will love how easy it is to change anything. You can edit text, convert documents, add images, merge or split pages, insert pages, add comments, and much more with a few clicks.
The ability to organize your documents is extremely good. There are features like digitally signing a document and sharing it with your friends and colleagues. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the main features of PDFelement.
- Easily create a PDF file from other files or from a scanner.
- You can combine files to create a single PDF document.
- View pages in different ways, continuously, one by one, or enter full-screen mode.
- Convert PDF to Microsoft Office formats, but also HTML, Epub, RTF, to image or to text file format.
- Optimize PDF to reduce the file size of the document.
- Perform OCR to turn a scanned document into fully searchable or fully editable text.
- Edit text via Line or Paragraph mode.
- Rotate, crop, move images and other editing tools.
- Insert a link to the document.
- Edit header and footer, as well as bates numbering.
- Add graphic elements like lines, arrows, clouds, rectangles, connected lines, or polygons.
- Insert sticky notes and text boxes to the document.
- Add custom stamps to the document.
- Extract a range of pages from the document.
- Set page labels.
- Auto recognize and create interactive forms.
- Extract data from fields directly to CSV file.
- Digitally sign your document.
- Add password protection to the document.
- Redact sensitive information.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Save PowerPoint as PDF
- How to Export PDF to Excel
- How to Add PDF to Kindle
- 3 Steps to Add Shapes to PDF
- How to Upload PDF to Kindle