How to Find PDF Textbooks Easily
PDF books are continuously becoming a popular mode of reading among many people due to the portability of the files. They are also easily shared among readers hence increasing their popularity. In this article, we will look at how to find PDF textbooks as well as where to find the PDF textbooks.
How to Find PDF Textbooks with 10 Ways
With the development of the internet, more information is available at the touch of a button. Some of this information includes books, articles and journals. This means that the process of obtaining your favorite publication is made much simpler. Authors are also putting out their work on online platforms so as to reach a wider audience. Some of these works are free while others require a reader to make a purchase before gaining access. A number of websites have come up that give readers a platform to find PDF textbooks online. They include:
- Library Genesis. This website has millions of articles and PDF textbooks in its inventory where a user just has to type the name and it appears. After the book appears, the user clicks on “Get” to download the book in PDF format.
- Bookboon.com. This website is currently listed as the largest online publisher of books with more than 50 million publications in PDF format. Users are able to find textbooks of varying topics ranging from IT, business, literature and engineering.
- Free computer books. This website is specifically for users who are looking for content in science related fields. Users are able to search through the various categories of books available and download them in PDF format.
- ManyBooks. This website stays true to its name by having a large collection of books in its inventory which a user can download in PDF format.
- Free eBooks. This website contains a large inventory of books that range from romance to drama that are bound to satisfy the diverse range of readers. Users are able to view the reviews of books before downloading them.
- Open Textbook Library. This website provides the largest collection of openly-licensed textbooks for academic use therefore enabling students to find the textbooks of their choice in PDF format.
- Google eBook store. This is mobile device platform for android that enables users to find free eBooks in PDF format. The library of books is diversified to feature numerous genres to satisfy the reading needs of all the readers.
There also exist some stores that sell copies of books that are in PDF. These include:
- Amazon Books. This is the largest e-book retailer giving users the option to compare between several books before choosing the one that interests them most.
- Alibris. This website is a result of collaboration between various booksellers to provide the rare and hard to find books at a fee.
A Must-Have Tool to Read and Edit PDF Textbooks
PDF software have greatly evolved to incorporate added functionality to their list of features. One of the software that stands out from the rest is PDFelement. It is equipped with features and functionality such as creating new PDF documents, editing PDF documents, converting documents to PDF and from PDF to other formats, adding comments to PDF documents, adding digital signatures to the documents as well as adding protection to the documents through redaction of information and use of passwords to secure the documents.
In line with these functional features, PDFelement also enables users to search for specific words in the documents and replace the words with those that they desire. This is done in a few basic steps that are explained below.
Method One: Using the search button.
- Open the desired document. On the right hand side of the screen, a vertical menu will appear with the last icon being a search icon.
- Click on the search icon to open a new window. The window will contain a search bar where you can enter the word or phrase that you want to be filtered from the block of text. After entering the word, you can then set the filtering criteria to be either “Match case” or “Match whole word”. Match case returns all the instances that the entered word appears even if it is in the middle of another word. Match whole word on the other hand returns only the instances that the word appears as a word in itself. Examples are highlighted below:
Method Two: Using the Ctrl + F function.
- Open the desired document and press Ctrl + F on your keyboard. A pop-up window will appear on the screen with an option to enter any word you wish to find from the opened document.
- Enter the word and click on next to continue with the process.
- To replace a word with another, there is an option labelled “Replace with” on the window. Clicking on it expands the window to display more options.
- You can now enter the word you want to replace the selected word and edit the properties of the new word such as case, font, alignment and much more.
- Once you are done with the properties, click on Replace to complete the process. The word will be replaced successfully on the document.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF to ZIP File
- Two Methods to Convert ZIP to PDF Fast
- Top 10 File Compressor You Shouldn't Miss
- Convert PDF to Text using Python
- How to Create a URL for a PDF in 2021