How to Add Virtual PDF Printer on Mac
Do you have questions related the best virtual pdf printer? No worries, this guide has a number of solved answers for you. Make sure you stick to the guide till the end.
Part 1. Overview of Virtual Printer
It is known as an application that replicates the software interface for a physical printer. Virtual printer gives the user to do multiple tasks without actually printing anything. They work with print drivers that are inclined to send the output to other applications instead of a physical device. The software is best known for saving resources as it makes it facile to carry out work that would have involved the wastage of ink and paper. Printer testing and correction or sending documents to a fax server are a fine example of such tasks.
Not only this but creating PDF files from other type of documents and creating image files of multiple formats from other type of documents is also doable by this. Virtual printer allows you to view documents before printing, it enables the user to identify errors beforehand. Another perk of having a virtual printer is that you can add special features to a document before printing.
Part 2. How to Create a Virtual Printer on Mac
Pdf is one of the most used and supported formats all over the globe. For your ease, you can add Pdf printer app to your Apple Mac and utilize the feature to print wirelessly to Pdf files from any device without any hurdles. There are a number of versions you can add, but choose the one that suits you the most. Here are the steps to do so;
Step 1: Firstly, you need to double click on the “Mac hard drive” icon displayed on the desktop. Choose the “Applications” folder and then you need to select the “Utilities” folder from the given list. Moving on, you need to select the option “Print & Fax” from the list of utilities.
Step 2: Once the Print & Fax window has opened, you need to click on the “+” button below the pane that has the list of printers. Wait for the “Add Printer” window to open and type “PDF” in the search bar given at the top-right corner of your screen.
Step 3: Here, you need to select “Adobe PDF” from the given list of printers and in the “Print Using” section, you need to select “Adobe PDF”, it will be visible in the drop-down menu of the installed drivers. In case you don’t witness Adobe print driver in the drop-down menu, you need to go to adobe.com and find the Adobe Print Driver Plug-in download for mac.
Step 4: Furthermore, you need to click on the button that says “Proceed to download” and download window will pop up. Here, you need to select “Print Descriptions” folder in order to download the PDF Plugin file and also the Acrobat Distiller file. To conclude the method, click on the button that says “browse” and then “Mac hard drive” > “System Folder” > “Extensions” and lastly “Print Descriptions.” Lastly, you need to click on the “Add” button in the Add Printer window and you will witness the added printer in the list of available printers.
Part 3. How to Print to PDF in MacOS
PDFelement for Mac is all-in-one power pack that allows you to edit, annotate, create, and convert Pdf documents with a few clicks. In case you’re worried about the security, the software allows you to protect pdf files with passwords. You can also digitally sign the documents too. Talking about printing, it is equipped with one of the best printing functions. Printing size can be easily edit during the printing process too. There are a lot of options in the market such as foxit virtual printer, pdf995 virtual printer and many others but PDFelement surely margins them all. Here are the steps to print to pdf in MacOS using PDFelement;
Step 1: Open and Print
The first step is to open the file you need to print to PDF with PDFelement. You need to click “File” > “Print” or you can also use “Commad+P” keys in order to open the print command window.
Step 2: Step Printing Options and Save
In this step, you have the can alter the printer options the way you want and proceed. Furthermore, click the pdf button on the print window and in the drop-down menu, you need to choose “Save as PDF”. You need to name the pdf file and also select the desired location for it. Like all the other products of Wondershare, PDFelement also gives you an easy interface to print to pdf in MacOS.
Part 4. PDF Printer for Mac OS X:
- Air Printer: This is such a feature where you print to any printer that can turn your Mac into a virtual pdf printer. The connections are made via wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), either directly to printers compatible with Air Printers, or to asynchronous shared printers via computers running Microsoft Windows, or Linux. It was originally built for iOS devices and was only connected via a Wi-Fi network, and thus required a Wi-Fi access point. This tool enables you to print wireless documents, photos, web pages, emails etc. from your computer without wireless. Details such as paper type, page length, print quality, and orientation are automatically selected.
- Vip-Riser: Vip-Riser is an effective printer that you can use to create some PDF files from any application that supports printing things. As such, it can be used not only to create new forms but also as a way to adapt other types of files to the PDF format. The application is very unstable just because it is hidden in the menu bar. By ticking on its icon, it is likely to organize the output site for the documents. Fortunately, it supports standard sites as well as network files and even the Cloud. The use of the tool is not much different from sending documents to the original printer. Just go to the Print menu command of the application and select VipRiser as the printer. Fortunately, there is a choice to create a PDF document from whatever is displayed on the screen, even if the energetic application does not allow to print any file. The biggest advantage of this tool over other virtual printers is that it supports Automator plugins.
- Handy Print: Handy Print v5 is a 64-bit OS X application that permits you to print files from your iPods, iPads and iPhones to the printers that do not support the Air-Print protocol. The v5 has been restructured as a standard application, as you'll find in the Apple App Store. Handy Print is simply installed on your favorite iDevice. For Handy Print to work with shared network printers, the printer must be accessible via a Mac OS or iOS device that is on and can view the printer, acting as a hub for Air print abilities. Once you turn on the application switch, it will start automatically every time you log in to your user account. The application does not need to be started manually.
- PDF printer lite: PDF Printer Lite is known for serving efficiently on MacOS. It's a platform that allows the users to transform any file into PDF document with ease. It runs as a virtual PDF printer which means that you can add it to Mac via system preferences and simply print any document to PDF directly. It's a remarkable platform for the users seeking to handle heavy workload of PDF documents. Before choosing any printer, you surely need to analyze the amount of work you need from it. PDF Printer Lite is ready to handle the burden of your files.
- PDF printer: PDF Printer is a platform given by a trustworthy company known as Feiphone Software Ltd. Using PDF Printer, you can easily print documents to PDF with a few clicks. It allows you to turn any file into PDF. The program is known to run as a virtual PDF printer and via system preferences, you can add it to your Mac. Using this platform, you can directly print any file to PDF. It is one of the most used and trusted PDF printers cherished around the world. It's efficient in managing the workflow of PDF documents.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 Alternatives to Foxit Reader for MacOS
- Top 5 Keynote Alternatives for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- 10 Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for MacOS 10.14
- Comparison - PDFelement vs Preview, Which One to Choose?
- Detailed Comparison Between Foxit PDF Printer for Mac and Its Alternative