The Best PDF Annotator Mac of 2021
What is the best PDF annotator for Mac? If you need to add comments or markup your PDF files, it's necessary to find the right PDF annotation software to use. PDF has become the standard document format for sharing information, whether in the business or academic realm. Whether it's contracts, projects, financial sheets, receipts, or reports you're creating, chances are you'll be sending it to others in PDF format. Even textbooks are now usually in PDF format. To work more efficiently, a PDF annotation tool is essential. Wondering how to annotate a PDF on Mac? In this article, we'll introduce the best PDF annotator Mac - PDFelement for Mac.
Why and When I need a PDF Annotator - Scenarios of PDF Annotation:
It is known that PDF is not an editable document format in general. At one point or the other, you may want to annotate or edit the content in a PDF document, just you do on a physical book. At this time, a PDF annotator helps you solve the struggled issue. Here are some user scenarios for making annotations on PDF documents.
- eBook Reading Annotation - When you read an ebook within PDF format instead of the paper book, you can directly make annotations for the content you think that's important.
- Thesis or Paper Annotation - For most students and scholars, making annotations for the thesis or paper to mark the key points is a common scenario.
- Digital Magazine Review and Annotation - General speaking， the publication of a magazine will undergo some critical review stages and often deal with 100s of PDF pages, which includes printing, annotating, scanning, and sending process. For this case, a PDF annotator can achieve all of them.
- Design and Artwork annotation - Most designers choose to export their designs in PDF to share for review. So other reviewers may make some comments for the design.
- Literature Reading Annotation - For most educators, students, experts, and scholars reading literature for looking up some valuable information to verify and support some certain points are what they usually do. Thus, highlighting or adding notes for their desired information is a common need.
- Digital Proposals Proofing - A proposal usually is used for businesses, organizations, or the government to take approvals for some projects.
- Print File Annotation - Nowadays, most people are more likely to tend to collaborate with digital documents instead of wasting pages for draft printouts. A PDF annotation tool helps to collect reviews and feedback on all your documents.
What can a PDF Annotator do - Annotation Types:
- Text Markup Annotations: the simplest types of markup annotations, including text highlight, underline, or strikeout annotations.
- Drawing Annotations: drawing rectangles ovals/polygons/lines/arrows and connected lines for annotation.
- Stamp Annotations: inserting stamps for approving information.
- Text Annotations: adding text comment, text box, sticky note, and callout to the page.
- Multimedia Annotations: adding sound annotations, movie annotations, and even 3D content to the document.
How to Annotate A PDF on Mac with PDFelement
Step 1. Add Comments to PDF
To add comments to your PDF, launch PDFelement and click on the "Markup" tab and select the "Sticky Note" tool. Then click on the PDF page to add a sticky note comment to it. Double-click on the yellow comment area to start entering content. Besides, you can also add text comments, text boxes, callouts to the page.
Step 2. Mark up PDF Text
Click on the "Highlight/Strikethrough/Underline/Squiggly" button under the "Markup" tab. Then choose the text you want to highlight/strikethrough/underline/squiggly. Yellow is the default highlight color. You can change it if you'd like.
Step 3. Add Stamp to PDF
Go to the "Markup" tab and choose the "Stamp" button. A pop-up window will appear. You can choose whichever stamp you'd like.
Step 4. Create Custom Stamp in PDF
If the stamps provided by this program cannot meet your need, you can also customize the stamp. For this, please click the "Stamp" icon and then select the "Custom" option. In the pop-up window, you can tap on the "Create" button to start to customize or click "Import" to upload the stamp you've created.
When you choose to create a stamp, you can enter the text as you desired in the Sample Text box. After entering, you can preview the stamp you created in the PREVIEW window. Besides, if you do not need to show the date and time, you can deselect the "Date" and "Time" checkboxes. Furthermore, PDFelement also allows you to choose the shape and color of the stamp. After setting, click "Done" and put the stamp on the right position of the PDF document.
Step 5. Draw Shapes in PDF
If you want to add shapes, here are seven types of shapes, such as rectangle, oval, polygon, connected lines, cloud, line, and arrow. You can choose any of them to draw as you desired.
Step 6. Add Handwritten Signature to PDF
To add a signature, once again go to the "Markup" tab and choose the "Signature" icon. You should click on the "Create Signature" button in the pop-up window. From there you can choose a signature you've already created or you can free-hand draw a new signature. Here are two options for you to write a signature, that is using Mouse or Trackpad to draw your signature. After drawing, click the "Done" button and put the signature in the right position.
If you want to make simple annotations to your PDF document, then you also can use Preview, which is the default PDF program on Mac. It is a free program, though it is meant more as a PDF reader than a PDF editor or annotator. If you need to do more than simple annotations in your PDF, you'll likely need a professional PDF annotator for Mac.
PDFelement is a user-friendly PDF tool, which allows you to annotate PDF files intuitively on Mac including macOS 11. All the annotation tools are displayed easily on the toolbar for you to select. Additionally, you can edit a PDF file on Mac, convert PDF to other formats, combine PDF files, and manage PDF pages. It is a simple, professional, yet affordable all-in-one PDF solution. Test out the trial version to see whether it is the right tool for you.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Create PDF Forms on Mac (macOS 11 Included) 2021
- How to Password Protect PDF on Mac
- Can't Open PDF on Mac? Get the Best Solution Now