How to Add Hyperlink to PDF on Mac (Catalina Included)
Hyperlinks can add a lot to an otherwise plain PDF document. It can provide access to new content for more details on a topic, or add an interactive element to your file. Many software solutions allow you to add hyperlinks to your PDF file with ease. For Mac user, the best hyperlink solution that will let you add hyperlinks to PDF Mac and also edit your links easily is PDFelement.
How to Add Link to PDF on Mac
Already got PDFelement? Here is how to add a hyperlink to PDF on Mac using the program.
Step 1. Open PDF to Insert Link
Launch PDFelement. Click on "Open File..." to open the PDF file that you want to add links to. You can also drag and drop the file into the program.
Step 2. Add Link to PDF on Mac
You can then click on "Link" in the left toolbar to review the panel. Use your cursor to select an area on the PDF page where you want to insert a link. A blue box will appear in that spot.
On the top panel, you can choose the following actions: "Go to a page view" or "Open a web page". The following provides more details on these three actions:
- Go to a page view: When you click on "Go to a page view" a pop-up window will appear. Select the page you want to link to and then click the "Save" button in the pop-up window.
- Open a web page: When you click on "Open a web page", enter your website link in the "http://" box below it.
Step 3. Edit Link in PDF on Mac
If you want to edit the specific link, double-click on the rectangular box. If you want to remove the link from your PDF page, you can click on "Delete" icon to remove it.
Step 4. Open Link in PDF on Mac
To open the link you just inserted, you'll need to disable editing mode by clicking the "Link" icon in the left toolbar. Then select the text of the hyperlink.
Best Tool to Insert Hyperlink in PDF on Mac
No matter what type of PDF document you are creating, you should try to make it visually appealing and engaging for the reader. Adding hyperlinks is a good way to achieve this. There are many options available for adding links that stand out to when you use PDFelement to edit your PDF files.
PDFelement is a powerful PDF editing tool that meets all your PDF needs. Whether you want to create a PDF file from scratch, edit a file, annotate, add headers and footers, fill and sign contracts, or convert or print files, this software is compatible with all Mac devices including the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina.
The efficiency doesn't end there; you can add different types of links to your PDF file as well. You can activate or deactivate the link as required, or you can format the size, color, and thickness of the link.
- Wide palette of annotation tools including drawing, or adding comments, sticky notes, and text boxes. Personalized drawing on Mac is what allows you to add different shapes for visual annotation
- Ability to easily add hyperlinks, notes, and comments to a PDF
- Ability to easily create fillable PDF forms
- A well-designed, user-friendly interface
- Provides smooth text editing tools and formats
- Optimizes PDF file size by cropping or deleting unwanted pages or files
- Functional OCR makes scanned PDF editable and searchable
With this fast, efficient and robust tool, you can stop spending unnecessary time on simple tasks such as adding hyperlinks to your PDF document.
- How to Add Hyperlink to PDF on Mac (Catalina Included)
- How to Edit PDF Text on Mac (2019 Updated)
- How to Edit PDF in InDesign for Mac