How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free 2020
It's often essential to be able to convert PDF to Word on Mac device, especially if you need to edit your PDF. Even though PDF documents are often the default format for sharing files online unless you have the right know-how or the right software, editing a PDF document can be a challenge. The best course of action is usually to change PDF to Word on Mac. This article offers you a complete guide on how to export PDF to Word on Mac (including macOS 10.15 Catalina) with PDFelement.
Steps to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Step 1: Open PDF
Drag and drop your PDF file into PDFelement's main window to open the file. Or click on the "Open File..." button to select and open the PDF.
Step 2: Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Once the file has been opened in PDFelement, click on the "File" button to enable the "Export To" function. You can then click the "To Word" button to choose Microsoft Word as the output format. You can rename the file and select the output folder in the pop-up window. Once you are happy with all the changes, click "Save" and your document will be converted within a few seconds.
Step 3: Convert Scanned PDF to Word on Mac (Optional)
To convert a scanned PDF file, you need to click the "Perform OCR" button first. After recognized the scanned PDF, click on "File" > "Export To" and select "To Word" in the menu bar. Then click "Save" to start the conversion.
Video on How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free with Google Docs
Another option is the widely used program, Google Docs. It can also help you export PDF to Word on Mac. Here are the steps to follow:
- 1. Login to your Google account on the Google Docs website.
- 2. Upload the PDF document that you want to convert to Word.
- 3. Navigate to the "File" tab. Select " Download as" > "Microsoft Word(.docx)" to export your PDF to a Word document.
How to Export PDF to Word on Mac with Automator
There is also another free method available for Mac users to convert PDF to a word. This is the built-in Mac app Automator. It can help you convert a PDF file to a plain or rich text format.
- 1. Search for "Automator" in your Application and open it.
- 2. Search for "Extract PDF Text," then select "Rich Text" (RTF) or "Plain Text" (TXT) on the right side to save your PDF. You can also set other options as needed.
- 3. Click the "Run" button, and choose a PDF file to convert to a text document directly.
Preview Can't Convert a PDF to Word on Mac
If you are more interested in using a free PDF editor, you can try using Preview. However, despite the fact that it is an inbuilt Mac PDF editor, it tends to fall short when it comes to functionality and features. Below are a few of its best features. It allows users to edit, annotate, add images, and highlight sections of the text in a PDF file, but is a bit limited in terms of functionality. It enables users to combine files, and it is free to use. However, it can't convert PDF to Word in macOS, and it only supports converting PDF into JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.
- It's a built-in app on Mac devices.
- It enables users to combine files.
- It's free to use.
- It provides basic editing features.
- The program lacks certain functions.
- The program lacks an OCR feature.
- The document conversion feature is difficult to use.
PDF Expert is unable to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
PDF Expert is unable to Convert PDF to Word on Mac. However, it is still a useful PDF app for Mac. Even though it lacks features compared to PDFelement, it is simple and cost-efficient. It operates at high speed and includes fairly annotation features, document signing tools, an impressive sharing feature, and form-filling capabilities. It is also compatible with most Apple devices (Macs, iPads, and iPhones). However, it does not support converting a PDF document to Word format on Mac. Learn more details about PDF Expert.
- It can be used on a number of Apple devices.
- It has split-screen capabilities.
- It also offers easy file transfer options.
- It is limited in features and functionalities compared to PDFelement.
- It has limited OCR capabilities.
- It has limited image editing tools.
- It is not user-friendly for document conversion.
Why Choose the Best PDF to Word Converter on Mac
PDFelement is regarded as the best and most recommended option for PDF to Word conversion on Mac. That's because this application has been intricately crafted to help you solve all of your PDF file editings needs with ease, convenience, and flexibility. Benefits of PDFelement include:
- Superior OCR capabilities that simplify the process of transferring any images or scanned PDF files into easily editable and searchable text formats.
- Numerous word document editing features like spell check, line mode, and paragraph mode.
- It allows creating and converting PDF files into any other document format like Word.
- It increased data security features in the form of permissions, passwords, digital signatures, text redaction, and so on.
- It makes it easy to leave comments, notes, and highlight text on PDF files.
- It has a charming and user-friendly interface.
- It supports Mac OS X 10.12 ,10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 Catalina.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Create PDF from Images on Mac
- How to Convert PDF to Text on Mac (Catalina Included)
- How to Convert Text to PDF on Mac