How to Add Image to PDF using Preview
Inserting images into PDF may sound like an elementary task, but doing it can prove daunting. If you are a Mac user and tried to add image to PDF with Preview app, then you understand how complicated it can be if you don't have the know-how. Luckily this article has prepared you a thorough guide on how to insert image into PDF using Preview with ease and speed on Mac including macOS 11.
How to Add Image to PDF with Mac Preview App
If you are a Mac user, then you know what Mac Preview App is. Being the default app for viewing documents and images, there is a high chance that you have used it before. This app offers several basic editing features for PDF, including crop, fit, re-size, and encrypt PDF, and add images, among others. However, you cannot add image to PDF with Preview directly. You can only save your image as a PDF. To add images to PDF using Mac Preview App, follow the following steps.
Step 1. Launch the Preview app and go to the "File" menu. Select "Open" and upload the PDF file.
Step 2. After uploading the PDF file, go to the "Edit" menu and select "Insert" from the drop-down list. From the "Insert" sub-menu, choose the "Page from File" option. This will lead you to a file directory window. Choose the target image file and follow the onscreen instructions to add it to your PDF.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Preview App
The Mac Preview app is no doubt useful and has plenty of advantages. However, it is plagued by several flaws as well. Let's see some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Mac Preview app.
- It is free, and therefore you don't need to chuck out any cash to purchase.
- It is an inbuilt Mac app, and you don't have to go through any installation process.
- It is easy to use.
- Most of its features are basic and limited.
- There are no advanced features like OCR.
- There is no provision for text modification.
- It has an old-school interface that doesn't quite appeal to users.
It is crystal clear that the Mac Preview App is a basic application and is not suitable for professional or important PDF editing. The assortment of drawbacks would make you look elsewhere if this Preview App was your favorite tool. Luckily, you don't have to go further because PDFelement solves all your problems and provides you with an incredible PDF editing platform. The program is enriched with a variety of editing features that allows you to flawlessly and seamlessly add images of your choice to the desired PDF file. You can also delete, copy or paste, rotate, replace, extract, and crop images with ease. Free of bias, PDFelement is the ultimate PDF editor tool for you if you are looking to add images to create stunning PDFs. Other features include:
- Create fillable forms and use them to import or export data.
- Perform PDF OCR to unlock texts on scanned PDFs.
- Protect your edited PDF file with combinations of passwords and permissions.
- Approve PDF documents digitally using digital signatures.
- Shrink the size of your PDF file without lowering its quality.
- Share the edited PDF files via Add People, Email attachments, Notes, AirDrop, and Messages.
- Print PDFs with ease using various print options and properties.
- Convert PDFs to and from a wide range of file formats.
- Annotate PDFs with comments, drawings, text markups, and stamps.
- Organize PDF pages and change page order as per your need.
How to Add Image to PDF with Preview Alternative
Step 1. Open a PDF
After installing PDFelement, tap its icon to open the main interface. In its primary interface, click the "Open File" button or the "Open" button on the top. You will be directed to the file directory window. Navigate the folder where the PDF of interest is located. Choose the PDF file and click "Open" to upload it.
Step 2. Click "Image" on the Top Toolbar
When the PDF file is successfully uploaded to the program's interface, hit the "Image" icon on the top toolbar to access image options.
Step 3. Click "Add Image"
From the subsequent image options, ignore other options and click on the "Add Image" icon.
Step 4. Add Image to PDF on Mac
Now the program will automatically direct you to the file directory window. Choose the respective source folder and select the target image. Click "Open" at the bottom right to add the image to the PDF file.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Add Image to PDF using Preview
- The Best Solution to Convert Preview Files to Word Files on Mac
- Top 8 PDF-Xchange for Mac Alternatives You Need to Know