How to Optimize PDF
Large-sized PDF files are hard to deal with especially if you work on them more often. The best practice to work on a large-sized PDF file is to reduce its size by optimizing them. So, if you are looking for a tutorial to optimize PDF online or offline, this article contains the easiest ways to optimize PDF file size. Let's find out how to optimize PDF size below.
2 Methods to Optimize PDF Size (Offline)
Here, you have 2 options. You can either optimize the PDF file directly with the help of PDFelement or remove the unwanted text, images, and pages from your PDF. Let's first check how to optimize PDF.
Method 1: How to Optimize PDF
Step 1. Open PDF
First of all, open the PDF file which you want to optimize. To open the file, either click "File" > "Open" or directly click the "Open files" button on the Home window, after that locate and select the file and click the "Open" button.
Step 2. Optimize PDF
Click "Tool" > "Optimize PDF". Now select one of the 3 optimization preferences i.e., Low, Medium, or High, and then click the "Apply" button. Once you click the "Apply" button, the PDF file will be optimized and its size will be reduced.
Method 2: How to Optimize PDF Size Manually
You can remove unwanted text, images, or pages from your PDF file to reduce its size. To do so, follow the below-given steps.
Step 1: Remove Unwanted Texts
To remove unwanted texts, click "Edit" in the menu bar and then click the "Edit" icon in the sub-menu bar. Here you have the choice to edit the text in the "Line Mode" or "Paragraph Mode".
Step 2: Resize or Remove Images or Objects
Now, right-click on the image or object and a menu will appear. In this menu, you have the option to rotate the object left or right, overturn it horizontal or vertical, and extract or replace the image. You can also delete the image or object.
Step 3: Remove Unwanted Pages
In the menu bar, click "Page" and a "Delete Pages" menu will open. Now you can remove 1 or more pages by selecting the range or a subset.
Now that you have removed the unwanted objects, save the optimized PDF file. So, this is how you optimize PDF files.
PDFelement is an advanced PDF reader and editing tool that is loaded with a plethora of powerful features. Some of the most important features of PDFelement are mentioned below.
- PDF Creation: PDF creation from scratch or a file is extremely easy and you can create highly-customized PDF files.
- PDF editing: it allows you to edit your PDF files as easy as editing a Notepad file.
- OCR: Its powerful OCR enables you to read data from the scanned documents and convert them into an editable form, that too in several languages.
- 1-Click form creation: With it, the creation of forms has become an easy job. Also, you can fill forms with full control.
- PDF Styling: You can add comments, annotations, backgrounds, images, headers, footers, and many more to your PDF files.
- Signatures: it allows you to add digital signatures, as well as, hand-drawn and typed signatures to PDF files you receive.
So, it was PDFelement, the most powerful and reliable PDF tool. It has even more wonderful features and it is a must-have tool for your business and educational needs. It helps you to cut your administrative costs, as well as, saves a lot of your time.
How to Optimize PDF Online for Free
To optimize PDF online for free, use the following step-by-step guide.
- 1: Open the web browser and visit Hipdf official website.
- 2: Click the "All tools" option in the menu bar.
- 3: Now, scroll down and locate the "Compress PDF" option under the PDF Tools.
- 4: Click on the "Choose File" button, locate your PDF file in the system, click open, and upload it to the site.
- 5: Choose the compression mode such as High. Medium, or Low, and click the "Compress" button.
- 6: Your file will be optimized and compressed in a while and a "Download" button will appear. So, click the "Download" button to download the optimized PDF file to your PC.
So, this is how you optimize PDF online for free using the Hipdf. There are even more wonderful features available on this website for free such as PDF converters, PDF merger, PDF splitter, image tools, and many more.
Final words: These were the 2 best ways to optimize PDF files. In our opinion, the best one is PDFelement because you do not need to get online every time you need to optimize your file.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Change PDF to PPT
- How to Underline in PDF
- How to Do Area Highlights on PDF
- How to Add Arrow in PDF
- Steps to Add Lines to PDF