Compress PDF with Small PDF
When it comes to compressing the size of your PDF files online, you need a tool you can use easily well. Small PDF compress tool allows you to accomplish this and more. Being easy to use is key and the online PDF compressor is exactly that. Apart from being able to compress PDF, Small PDF also has other basic functionalities you can use to manage and process PDF files.
How to Use Small PDF Compress Feature
Using Small PDF size reduction functionalities isn't rocket science. Being browser based Small PDF allows you to use any browser out there on any operating system, from Linux, Mac to Windows and get the job done. Note that uploaded files for size reduction are permanently deleted after 60 minutes to make sure no one accesses the files once you're done with compression.
To compress your PDF files should be easy.
- Step 1: Firstly, ensure that you are on the compress PDF online small PDF page.
- Step 2: Click "Choose Files" to select the PDF file you need to compress or drop it into the page.
- Step 3: Begin the compression process and wait until complete.
- Step 4: Once done, simple click "Download" to end the compression process and have a download a compressed PDF copy into your computer.
Disadvantages of Using Small PDF Compress
Getting the most of your PDF documents is very important, such as ensuring the file is reduced to a small usable size you can share easily and widely. With so many tools available out there to compress files, Small PDF works quite well and definitely one of those tools not complicated to use. However, Small PDF comes with a number of disadvantages:
- Firstly, it's largely online based and lacks all the feature-richness and robustness of most PDF management and editing tools available.
- The cost can be too much considering the tool isn't the easiest to cancel.
- It comes with limited functionality with the free version allowing about just two file compressions every 60 minutes.
- Aesthetically not the most astute and you might have to do a lot of file clicking, dragging and dropping in completion of tasks.
- Some functionalities such as conversion don't result in the same document quality, such as misspelling after file conversion.
- Document handling not in English but other languages are usually messed up with very bad alignment.
Of course, an online version you can't use as you want that lacks in diverse areas such as advanced features and unreliable document output can be devastating in your line of work. Alternatively, you can go with a better desktop alternative that won't just help you compress PDF files of all sizes but also get you more.
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is Small PDF alternative you can use offline to compress, convert, sign, protect and even edit PDF documents among other hundreds of functions.
Form creation, adding a digital signature and securing with passwords and permissions, as well as editing text, images and pages and annotating your PDFs are just a few of the things you can do with PDFelement while compressing your PDF files.
- Read and open PDF documents.
- Edit, create, convert and annotate PDF files.
- PDF printing with comments and form fields.
- PDF file compression and size increase.
- Batch process for conversion, data extraction, bates numbering, watermark, optimize, encryption and OCR.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to transform PDF to editable texts.
- Extract data from PDF forms without losing formatting.
How to Compress PDF with Small PDF Alternative
With Small PDF compress PDF tool you're really limited to what you can do. Not so with Small PDF alternative, PDFelement! Here's how to make compression of PDF files easy and fast:
Step 1. Open a PDF
Click "Open File" to select the file you need to compress. And then click the "Open" button to import it.
Step 2. Compress PDF
Go to "File" and select "Optimize". Select from the five different provided optimization levels one that works for you.
Finally, click "Optimize" and the process takes a few minutes and gets the compression job done really well.
Alternatively, you can compress PDF in batches. Fist, click on the "Batch Process" on the home screen.
In the pop-up window, click "Add" to add the PDF documents you want to compress. You can select the "Optimize Option" and click "Start".
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Use Bluebeam Flatten and Unflatten
- How to Flatten PDF in Adobe Acrobat
- Free ORPALIS PDF Reducer User Guide
- How to Reduce PDF Size with Foxit PhantomPDF
- How to Fast Shrink PDF File Size with Acrobat