How to Edit PDF Font
There are a few ways to edit PDF font when you need to make a change to the text content of a document. Of course, you will need to use an offline or online PDF editor for this purpose, but the process itself is very simple. You can also edit PDF with the same font online as well as offline as long as you have the right tool. One warning, though: a lot of sites claim that you can edit PDF text with the same font online free but can't do the job well, which leaves you with ugly-looking text in your PDF document. For that reason, only edit PDF text with the same font online with a reliable web service or do it offline with a PDF editor like PDFelement.
How to Edit PDF Font
The process to edit PDF font type, size, color, and other attributes in PDFelement is very simple and straightforward. It only involves opening the file, entering edit mode, selecting the text, and then changing the font attributes the way you want. The step-wise process is described for your convenience:
Step 1. Open the PDF File
Import your PDF file using the "Open files" option on the welcome page. You can also drag and drop the file into the program to open it.
Step 2. Enter Edit Mode
Click on "Edit" at the top to enter edit mode and then switch to "Edit" mode, which will allow you to modify the content within the document.
Step 3. Select Text
Use your mouse to choose the text for which you want to edit the font. You will notice that the actual current font will be identified and displayed on the right-side tool panel and in the mini editing toolbar near the text.
Step 4. Edit Font in PDF
Change the font type, size, and other properties using the mini toolbar.
Step 5. Another Way to Edit PDF Font
You can also edit PDF fonts using the right-side tool panel; both options give you the full range of choices to edit the font style and other characteristics of the selected text.
How to Edit PDF with the Same Font
Since PDFelement can identify the font in any text selection (automatic font recognition), you can also use it to edit PDF using the same font as the one detected. This ensures that your edits are smooth and consistent with the surrounding text. Here's how to do it:
Step 1. Go to Edit Mode and Choose Edit Type
Go to the "Edit" menu and then switch to "Edit" mode. Within Edit Mode, you can select line or paragraph editing. In both cases, the font used in the selected text or text block will be automatically identified.
Step 2. Select the Text and Start Editing
Choose the text you want to edit and start typing your changes. You will see that they appear in the same font as the rest of that text block.
The problem with doing a PDF edit font action is that if there is a mismatch between the original text and the added or edited text, it looks bad on the document. That's why it is recommended to use a PDF editor like PDFelement to get the job done. As mentioned earlier, you can probably edit PDF online with the same font characteristics but the job will look messy and the reader will immediately know that something is not right. With PDFelement at your disposal, you can avoid that type of situation and do the job correctly the first time. Here are some more features of PDFelement that you can enjoy:
- Full PDF editing capability, which includes being able to edit text, images, hyperlinks, static elements (footers, headers), watermarks, comments, etc.
- The ability to create PDF from other formats and convert PDF into other file types, as required.
- Easy-to-apply annotation tools for reviewing, commenting, and collaborating on PDF documents.
- Full control over form creation, form filling, form conversion, form data extraction, and access to other form-related tools.
- Add a digital signature that is legally binding.
- Organize pages in a PDF - add, remove, extract, reorder, etc.
- Split or merge PDFs easily.
- Reduce PDF file size.
- Share PDFs via cloud services.
- Apply robust security measures like passwords, encryption, redaction, watermarking, etc.
- Perform accurate text recognition in over 20 languages.
- Edit scanned PDFs with OCR plugin.
- Convert, secure, extract, etc. as a Batch Process to save time and effort.
PDFelement has everything you need to manage your PDF workflows. Whether it's editing, converting, protecting, signing, optimizing, organizing, or manipulating a file in other ways, you have ready access to a host of tools within this amazing one-stop software. Try it today by registering for a free trial and see for yourself how much more productive you can become when you start using PDFelement.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Reduce Font Size in PDF
- How to Change Font in Adobe Acrobat DC
- How to Change PDF Font Size
- How to Add Photo to PDF
- 4 Methods to Convert PDF to PPT High Quality