Free ORPALIS PDF Reducer User Guide
How do Use ORPALIS PDF Reducer to reduce PDF files? To begin with, ORPALIS is a sophisticated PDF reducer that optimizes your PDF files without losing its quality or losing the PDF data. It can optimize pages and remove unwanted texts, images and objects on your PDF thus making it smaller. With all this amazing option you would want to use it ORPALIS PDF reducer to optimize PDF files. In this article, we are going to show you how to use ORPALIS PDF Reducer and introduce you to ORPALIS PDF Reducer alternative - Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
How to Use ORPALIS PDF Reducer to Reduce PDF Size
To reduce PDF files with ORPALIS, you need to download ORPALIS PDF reducer to your Windows computer. The download version is available on the ORPALIS website. You can download ORPALIS PDF Reducer free or get the premium version if you have the $199 ready. Once you have installed it you can follow this guide.
Step 1. Upload PDF File to ORPALIS
On the ORPALIS window go to the "File" menu to start uploading the file. Click on "Source" and select a PDF file from your computer. You will then choose the destination to save your compressed file on your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files to the program. It supports batch upload of files hence you can upload a folder of PDF files.
Step 2. Make Compression Settings
Once you have uploaded the document, then you need to make the compression settings. Click on the "Options" button and then head to "Compression" menu. From there you can check the relevant boxes like "Enable the colour detection and optimize font".
Step 3. Start to Reduce PDF Files
Now, you can click on "Start" and ORPALIS will begin to reduce your PDF file. You can check the progress of the file under the "Status" menu on the program.
Disadvantages of Using ORPALIS PDF Reducer
ORPALIS PDF Reducer saves the day when you want to reduce PDF files on Windows but it has its disadvantages. They include:
- It lacks Mac and Linux version.
- It is very expensive as it costs $199 compared to other PDF compressors.
- Does not have many PDF functionalities like edit, PDF protect, and PDF conversions.
- The installation process involves a lot of steps.
- For first time users, ORPALIS PDF reducer interface might not be friendly.
With the aforementioned limitations and the kind of experience offered by the ORPALIS PDF reducer free you can choose a much reliable desktop alternative like PDFelement. When you compare PDFelement features to that of ORPALIS PDF Reducer, you will notice that PDFelement is intuitive and is built with a lot of useful PDF features. You can reduce a single file or batch reduce files using the batch process function. You will upload many files and optimize them at once effectively.
- Allows you to convert PDF files to formats like Texts, HTML, eBooks, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and different image formats.
- Enables you to create PDF files from Images, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as by merging existing PDF files.
- With the program you can organize your PDF by rearranging pages, deleting pages, extracting pages.
- You can annotate PDFs, highlight texts and bookmark pages when reading the PDF files.
- Allows you to encrypt PDF files with passwords, redact texts, and add watermarks as a way of personalizing your PDF file.
- Makes it possible to edit image base PDF forms, fill them out and create your PDF forms.
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows platforms.
How to Compress PDF with ORPALIS PDF Reducer Alternative
Follow this guide on how to compress PDF using PDFelement on your Windows computer.
Step 1. Open a PDF
Click the "Free Download" button to install this application and click on "Open File" on the window. On the pop-up screen, choose the PDF file to compress and open it with the program.
Step 2. Compress PDF
Next, click on "File" on the main menu and then select "Optimize." From there, drag the slider towards the lower side in a bid to reduce the file size. You can see to what extent the file will be reduced to when you click on "Optimize button.
However, if you have many PDF files that you want to compress you will have to utilize the batch processing option. On the home, window click on "Batch Process" instead of clicking on "Open File" so that you can upload many PDF files.
Once you have loaded the PDF files, you can now reduce the file sizes. From the batch, process window chooses "Optimize" then click on "Add" and click on the PDF files to optimize. Lastly, choose "Low" on the optimize option and click on the "Start" button.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Reduce PDF Size with Foxit PhantomPDF
- How to Fast Shrink PDF File Size with Acrobat
- How to Resize PDF with Acrobat Easily
- How to Use Adobe Acrobat PDF Optimizer in 2023
- How to Convert PDF to HTML in Adobe Acrobat