IRS Form 8809: Easy to Fill With PDFelement
The IRS Form 8809 is titled as 'Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns' which is issued by the Internal Revenue Services of United States. If a taxpayer fails to submit the form again, he may be eligible to submit for additional extension by filing another Form 8809.
Your Best Solution to Fill out IRS Form 8809
There are various PDF Form filling tool available for download, but there is not even a single PDF tool which is superior to Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
It is your best solution to fill out your IRS Form 8809 as well as other PDF forms. Its form filling features are excellent, helping you fill PDF forms with relative ease. Below are other key features of the PDFelement.
- Available in Mac and Windows operating system
- Possess Functions to convert, merge and protect PDF files
- Provide Digital signature and edit PDF files
- Advanced sharing and OCR functions
Instructions for How to Complete IRS Form 8809
The following step by step instruction given below will guide on how to complete the IRS Form 8809.
Step 1: You can get the IRS Form 8809 and the filling instructions from the official website of Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service. Open it using PDFelement.
Step 2: For line 1, you have to enter the Payer's or filer's information. On the first field, you have to enter the Payer's or filer's name. On line next field you have to enter the address of the Payer or filer. Now you will have to enter the city of the Payer or filer. Alongside the city field, there is a blank field to enter the state of the Payer of filer. Enter the state and then enter the ZIP code alongside it. Then on the next field enter the contact name of the Payer or filer. There is a blank field to enter the telephone number, enter it and move to the next field. On the next line enter the email address of the Payer or filer.
Step 3: On line 2, enter the Taxpayer identification number (TIN). Here you have to enter the payers of filers nine digit number without hyphens. On line 3, you have to check any one of the box to select your method of form filling. You can select either electronic or paper. You have to enter the total number of payers or filers if you are asking for an extension for more than one payer or filler. You must attach the list of taxpayer identification numbers and names.
Step 4: For line 5 check the box if and only if you have already requested for the automatic extension and also you want an added extension. On line 6, you have to check the box or boxes to request the returns. The returns that you can request are W-2, 1095-B, 1042-S, 5498, 5498-ESA, 5498-SA, and 8027. You can also request for 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, W-2G together. Also there is a choice to request 1094-C, 1095-C.
Step 5: On line 7, you have to provide a valid reason why you were not able to file on the given date of first extension. Also you have to write why you need more additional extension time. For each additional sheet attached you must write the payer of filer name and taxpayer identification number.
Step 6: To declare that all the information provided in the form are true correct and complete, you must provide signature at the end of the form. Enter the title and date along the signature field.
Tips and Warnings for IRS Form 8809
- Incase if you are willing to request an extension of time to file many different forms, you can use the IRS Form 8809 and make sure you file it well before the dead line.
- If you have got a 30-day extension already and also if you need some additional time to complete the forms for the same forms in the same year then you can check the box on line 5. Make sure you provide a reason for extension on line 7, if you have checked the box on line 5. Remember not to check the box unless you requested the original extension.
- You may be penalized for not filing the forms on the due date and also if you have not requested for or got any approval for extended time to file. Based on when you finally submit the correct form your penalty amount will be decided. You can know more about your penalty amount and extension time by visiting the IRS website.
- The deadline is extended for 30 days automatically from the actual date if you file the first Form 8809. You can again file for another extension of maximum 30 days using another form 8809 just before the period of extension ends.
- Tax payers are advised to use efficient tools like Wonderhshare PDFelement to complete the IRS Form 8809 or any other IRS forms. It will surely reduce your effort and make the form filling process more productive.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- IRS Form 4868: Fill it Right to File Tax Form
- IRS Form 1098-T: Fill it Without Errors
- IRS Form 1099-MISC: How to Fill it Right
- Instructions to Fill in IRS Form 2106
- IRS Form 8888: Use the Best Form Filler to Complete it