IRS Form 1098-T: Fill it Without Errors
IRS Form 1098-T is titled as Tuition Statement and it is circulated and regulated by the Internal Revenue Service of United States of America.
Your Best Solution to Fill out IRS Form 1098-T
Filling up an IRS form is simple, and if you know how to use PDF files electronically with software programs, it becomes much easier. You can readily fill up IRS Form 1098-T using Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor , which the most suggested tool by any forward-thinking user.
Editing and creation of PDF files can also be done by making use of PDFelement. Operations like form filling are the most basic function of this powerful program which is actually intended to do much more professional tasks. Just buy downloading and opening the IRS Form 1096 on PDFelement you are ready to start your form filing process.
Instructions for How to Complete IRS Form 1098-T
The following steps given below will guide on how to complete the IRS Form 1098-T.
Step 1: You can get the IRS Form 1098-T from the official website of Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service or you can simply search for IRS Form 1098-T in any search engine. Drag and drop it to PDFelement to open the form. Read the instructions as below first before you start fill it.
Step 2: This form which has been downloaded from this website must not be printed. You have to pay a penalty for filing with the IRS Form 1098-T that cannot be scanned by machines. To fill-up an original IRS Form 1098-T, you have to order it from the IRS website for ordered forms which includes a machine readable Form 1098-T. By visiting the website you must click on Employer and Information Returns, and the IRS services will mail you the form you requested along with their instructions after you fulfill all the requirements. After you have downloaded IRS Form 1098-T in open it by PDFelement.
Step 3: At the first blank field, enter the Filer's name, street address, city or town, state or province, country, ZIP or foreign postal code, and telephone number. On the next field, enter the filer’s federal identification number and the student’s tax payer identification number on the field beside. Enter the students name on the next field. The street address must be entered on the next blank field. The details like city or town, state or province, country, and ZIP or foreign postal code. Now, enter the Service Provider/Account Number on the last box.
Step 4: On the right side of the form the boxes are numbered. On box 1, enter the amount of Payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses. For some special purpose box 2 is left blank, you can fill it up by following the instructions. Check the box within box 3, if your educational institution has changed its reporting method for 2016. On box 4, enter the value of adjustments made for a prior year. For box 5, enter the value of Scholarships or grants received. It shows the total of all grants or allowances managed and administered by the entitled educational institute.
Step 5: On box 6, enter the value of adjustments made to scholarships or grants for a prior year. Check the box with in box 7, if the amount in box 1 or 2 includes amounts for an academic period beginning January to March 2017. For box 8, check the box if one is at least half-time student. It shows whether you are regarded as to be carrying at least one-half the normal full-time workload for your course of study at the reporting institution. Check the box on box 9, if one is a graduate student. On box 10, enter the amount of the total amount of reimbursements or refunds of qualified tuition and related expenses made by the insurer. This is how you will fill-up an IRS Form 1098-T by the help of PDFelement.
Tips and Warnings for IRS Form 1098-T
- The form will contain 3 copies of the form named as Copy A-For Internal Revenue Service Center, Copy B-For Student and Copy C-For Filer. All the forms have to be filled up with the same details but used for different purposes.
- It is possible for you to increase the joint value of an education credit and certain educational aid, if the student provides some or all of the educational assistance in income in the year it was received.
- You must use a professional tool to fill up the IRS Form 1098-T using a professional tool like Wondershare PDFelement, since the filling process is decisive for every individual.
- Remember, the value of scholarships or grants for the calendar year may reduce the amount of the education credit you claim for the year. Preserve a copy of the document since it may be required for further use in different forms.
- Try to review the information you will be providing from the educational institution you are enrolled. Ask for their assistance if necessary, since a separate wing is available at almost every institution to help regarding this issue.
- Since you have to fill this form, firstly, you must know that the form downloaded IRS official website is not the real copy of the form; it is only provided to you to learn all the aspects of this form. You will see that this form appears in red, similar to the official IRS form. The real IRS Form 1098-T can be detected by machine whereas the form you find on the official website cannot be scanned by machines.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- IRS Form 1040A: The Filling Instructions You Should Never Miss
- What Should I Know about Tax Extension Form
- Convert Paper Form to Computer without Re-Writing
- IRS Form 4506-T: Filling it Made Easy by PDFelement
- IRS Form SS-8: Fill out With the Best Form Filler