8 Best Free PDFpen Alternatives
PDF documents are almost useful in every setting you can think of, especially in business. For that reason, there are very many PDF editors available to help with the creation and modification of PDF documents. One of those is PDFpen for Mac. It is widely accessible and easy to use and can be used to create and edit PDF documents. It comes with numerous great features, but we all know how hard it can be to find the right fit. That's why we've decided to share the following top 8 PDFpen alternatives to help you find the best for you.
8 Best PDFpenPro Alternatives for Mac
PDFelement is the best PDFpenPro alternative for Mac that is designed to allow users to do more with their PDF documents.
It is especially useful in the creation of PDFs, making the process that much easier- all you have to do is open the document in PDFelement and it is instantly converted to a PDF. Editing and annotation are the program's basic features but that doesn't mean they lack functionality. You have various options to edit both text and images and annotation can be done in numerous ways. You can also take advantage of the program's security features by adding a signature to the document or a password.
- It is quite easy to use and comes with a simple to understand user interface
- It can also be useful when you want to convert PDFs to other formats
- Comes with a feature that allows users to easily fill forms
- It is compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur
- Powerful editing tools that enable users to modify text, images, links easily
- Annotate PDF with markups, comments, stamps, etc.
2. Adobe Acrobat for Mac
You can hardly mention PDF software without Acrobat finding its way into the conversation. This PDFpen alternative is made by the same company that introduced PDF documents over 20 years ago. So, you can expect that they know a thing or two about PDF editing. It comes with all features you would expect for a prime PDF software including the ability to edit text, convert PDF documents to numerous different formats. At $15 a month, it is quite expensive.
- You can convert PDFs to HTML, Word, Excel and even PowerPoint
- You can use it to merge multiple documents into one PDF
- Cloud based storage through acrobat.com is also available
- Some advanced features are unavailable in the free-trial version
3. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a great PDFpen Mac alternative that you can use for more than just viewing or reading PDF documents. It is also quite useful when you need to edit the content of any PDF document. You can edit the text and images within the PDF document and also comes with advanced document protection features like the ability to add a signature and password to the document.
- This PDFpen alternative is fast to load and easy to use with a great user-interface
- It allows users to edit both texts and images within the document
- Can convert PDF files to other formats like Word
- Lacks advanced features like the ability to save and edit scanned PDFs
4. Skim for Mac
This free PDFpen alternative for Mac is widely available and quite easy to sue. While it does come with a whole host of great features, allowing users to add and edit notes as well annotate PDFs, it is quite basic in its functionality as a PDF editor. It is only useful when it comes to annotation and lacks other more advanced features.
- It is free to use
- Can be great to cropping PDFs
- It can't be used to edit text or images within the PDF
- Lacks more advanced functionality like conversion
5. Mac OS Preview
This PDFpenpro Mac alternative comes built into the Mac OS and although most people don't know it, it is also quite a good PDF software in its own right. It may not have a lot of the advanced features you would find on PDFelement or Acrobat, but it can come in handy when you want to do some basic editing like add text, add images or even insert pages into an existing PDF document.
- Can be used to add a signature to the PDF document via a webcam scan
- It is also useful for filling PDF forms
- All its features are very basic
- It can't be used to convert PDFs to any other formats
6. Foxit Reader for Mac
Foxit Reader for Mac provides a great and lightweight solution for PDF documents in PDFpen review. This PDFpenPro alternative is useful when you want to convert PDF documents to other formats and can also be used to annotate PDFs. It is by all accounts a PDF viewer although you can essentially edit PDFs by adding bookmarks, highlights and comments. It may lack some of the more advanced features for editing PDFs, but it's great for the basics.
- It can be used to annotate PDFs by adding comments and highlights
- It is free to use
- Can convert PDFs to other formats
- You can't use it to edit the text or images on the PDF document
7. PDF Buddy
It is free PDFpen alternative that can be useful when you want to edit sections of your PDF document. Unlike most online tools, PDF Buddy comes with a whole host of features like the ability to add text and images, annotate PDFs and even split and merger PDFs.
- It can be used to split and merge PDFs
- It is easy to use with a simple user interface
- It can be used to password-protect PDFs
- It can only be used online
- Can't be used to convert PDFs to other formats
8. Scribus for Mac
Scribus is a great PDFpen alternative for editing PDF documents. One of the big reasons why is its ease of use. It comes with an easy to navigate interface, perfect even for the beginner. But it can only be useful for light PDF editing such as adding highlights and comments.
- It is easy to use and provides a wide range of annotation features
- It can't be used to edit the text or the images within the document
- It also lacks conversion features
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 8 Best Free PDFpen Alternatives
- Comparison - PDFelement vs Preview
- Comparison - PDFelement for Mac vs PDF Expert