Top 8 Free and Robust PDF-Xchange for Mac Alternatives
PDF Xchange is a tool that lets you view or add markups to PDF documents. However, there is no Mac version of PDF-Xchange, but there are some other PDF Xchange Mac alternatives on the market that you can try out instead. This article will outline your best options.
Top 8 PDF-Xchange for Mac Alternatives
1) PDFelement for Mac
PDFelement is designed to give users a complete solution for editing PDFs. It is currently the best and most cost-effective PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative on the market.
One of its great features is that it allows users to add and edit images and text in a PDF file. It also gives you the option of annotating PDF files. This is the best PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative because it allows users to create and convert PDF files quickly and easily. It can also be used on both Windows and macOS X, including the latest macOS 11 Big Sur.
- The interface of the software is familiar and easy to use
- It lets you edit PDF documents smoothly
- You can add annotations and markups to PDFs
- Create and fill PDF forms, as well as sign PDFs
- Create and convert PDFs to or from other file formats without losing the original formatting
2) Foxit Reader for Mac
Foxit Reader is a multilingual tool for viewing, editing, converting, signing, and printing PDF files. One of the great features of this PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative is that it has enhanced document sharing capabilities and advanced PDF security features aimed at offering adequate support to business, government, and enterprise clientele. The product prices are $8.99, $7.99, and $9.95 for business, standard, and educational purposes.
- Offers a secure digital signature that validates forms and protects users from interference by third parties.
- Has a fast speed compared to other premium products on the market such as Adobe Reader?
- A basic PDF printer is attached to the software.
- The installer makes use of adware based on the default settings.
- There is limited support for advanced PDF files.
3) Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac
This PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative is regarded as the ultimate tool for PDF editing. It is the leading PDF software thanks to a great variety of advanced tools. The price of the software is $14 for each month's subscription. One of its distinguishing features is its user interface, coupled with the new online cloud service it offers to store documents. The online cloud service allows a user to access all of his or her files on both mobile and computer applications. This software is supported on both Windows and macOS.
- New and efficient interface.
- Amazing improvements on its OCR and text editing.
- Cloud capabilities using a built-in PDF signing plus routing.
- The OCR corrections feature does not have an undo function.
- Purchase plans and subscriptions are quite costly.
4) Skim for Mac
This is an open-source PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative and is the first free PDF reader for Mac OS X. The highlight of this software is that it helps users read and annotate academic papers in PDF. It also helps users add and edit PDF notes, and offers easy navigation through the table of contents, thumbnails, and document history. This software is free for macOS X users.
- It has great note-taking features.
- It uses up less memory compared to Adobe Acrobat reader.
- It offers previews to links on the PDF file, so you don't have to open the file in order to view link content.
- It doesn't let you select multiple annotations at the same time.
5) PDF Expert
Designed by Readdle, this software aims to help PDF users navigate and annotate PDFs easily. It allows users to annotate and highlight a PDF file, and add sticky notes if necessary. This software is one of the best PDF-Xchange for Mac alternatives and is supported on Mac and iOS devices.
- It lets you easily annotate and edit PDF files on Mac.
- It allows you to combine multiple files into a single PDF file on Mac.
- Not all PDF files open properly in this program.
- Navigation is not as good as it is in other programs.
Get the best PDF Expert alternative now:
This is a lightweight and easy to use PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative. It includes features for editing PDF files, adding signatures to PDF files, and creating PDF forms. This is free software that is supported on Mac.
- All-in-one PDF solution for users to edit, annotate, and sign PDFs.
- It is lightweight, taking up less space on your device.
- Lacks the features to convert PDF files to other formats.
7) Cisdem PDF Manager Ultimate
Cisdem PDF Manager Ultimate for Mac provides the user with the functionalities needed to merge, split, and compress PDFs. This PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative is supported on macOS platforms.
- It lets you easily merge large PDF documents.
- Users can extract images and text from scanned documents.
- There are no security options offered for standard PDFs
8) Nuance PDF Converter for Mac
This PDF-Xchange for Mac alternative is designed for working with multiple PDF files at once. This software lets users highlight text, and insert voice and text notes into a file. The software is supported on Mac and Windows platforms.
- It offers features to view, create, combine, and merge PDFs.
- The OCR feature lets you edit scanned documents.
- Gives you the option of using markups to highlight sections of the text.
- A bit more expensive than other solutions.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 8 Free and Robust PDF-Xchange for Mac Alternatives
- Top 4 Free PDF Expert Alternatives
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview