How to Unlock PDF On Mac (Including Mojave)
When you have a locked PDF, you cannot edit, copy or even view it if it requires an open password. However, in this article, we'll outline how to unlock PDF on Mac using two powerful PDF unlockers: PDF Password Remover for Mac and PDFelement.
How to Unlock PDF without a Password on Mac
Wondershare PDF password remover for Mac can be used to help you remove the PDF permission password if you have an emergency situation where you don't have access to the password. Download, install and open it on your Mac. Then you can follow these simple steps:
Step 1. Import PDF Files
In the program window, click on "File" then select "Open" and choose the locked PDF you want to upload. You can also drag and drop your file into the program window.
Step 2. Unlock PDF on Mac
You will then see a list of PDF files on the screen. At the bottom right click on "Start" and the program will remove the password restrictions. For some PDFs you will see a lock icon. In this case you have to click on it and provide the correct password before removing restrictions. That's it! Removing password restrictions on PDFs is simple and fast.
Unlocking PDFs is easy with the help of PDF Password Remover for Mac. This software removes the password protection on your PDF and makes it possible to print, edit, copy and view the PDF files. Below is a highlight of its key features.
- It is a powerful tool that removes permission restrictions letting you edit, copy and print PDFs.
- It can also remove the open password that restricts you from viewing PDFs.
- It supports batch removal of passwords.
- It has a simple user interface that requires little skill to use.
- It has a free trial version.
- It supports the latest macOS X 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, and 10.10.
Unlock PDF on Mac if You Know the Password
Alternatively, you can use PDFelement to remove restrictions on your PDF file. However, in this case you'll need to know the password of your PDF document. This software is also a PDF creator, editor, converter, and viewer. It is a fully featured tool that is equipped with all PDF editing tools.
Step 1. Import PDF
PDFelement has a simple user interface that is easy to use. On the bottom of the Home windows click on "Open File" and upload the locked PDF file. You can also drag and drop the target PDF file into the program window to open it directly.
Step 2. Unlock PDF on Mac by Entering the Password
If your PDF file is restricted with an open password, a pop-up window asking for the open password will appear when you open the PDF file in PDFelement for Mac. Enter the open password to unlock it.
If your PDF file is restricted with a permission password, you will get a notice bar after opening the file to ask for the permission password. Other features will be greyed out until the correct password is entered. Click the "Enter Password" button to unlock it.
Step 3. Remove PDF Password
Go to the "Protect" tab, and click "Password">"Remove Security" to remove the password and save your PDF file. The PDF file will no longer be password protected at this point.
PDFelement not only supports unlocking PDFs on Mac, but it also supports many other features that help you complete any PDF-related editing task. Here are the main features:
- PDFelement lets you convert PDF files to other formats like Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, Rich Text, Plain Text and image formats.
- You can also generate a PDF file from different formats like HTML, Images, Rich Text, Keynote, blank documents, clipboard screen captures and more.
- It offers you different editing tools that allow you to modify images, alter pages, change text, edit font size, and more.
- It lets you manage your PDF files by adding watermarks, annotations, bates numbering, headers and footers, stamps, links and more.
- It can also redact PDF files and hide sensitive text and pages.
- It has a powerful multilingual OCR plug-in that makes scanned PDF files editable and searchable.
- How to Unlock PDF On Mac (Including Mojave)
- How to Edit PDF in InDesign for Mac OS X
- How to Edit PDF in Illustrator for Mac