Top 10 Alternatives to PDF Expert for iOS 14
PDFs are known as the best and most universal ways to send documentation to other people. With any computing device, you can view them and they display information as intended since the layout and formatting remains intact. So, as you use PDFs in multiple devices, you should definitely explore all the available PDF viewers and editors to find one that suite you best. PDF Expert has a robust toolset, and so does other PDF Expert alternatives for iOS 14. Therefore, if PDF Expert does not satisfy your needs use the alternatives to PDF Expert for iPhone and iPad listed below.
10 Apps Like PDF Expert for iOS 14
1. PDFelement for iOS
PDFelement for iOS is among the finest PDF editors of iPhone and iPad users. It is the best PDF Expert alternative on iOS 14 because it has the ability to make PDF editing a simple affair. It allows you to read, edit, convert, annotate and sign PDF files with great easy. You can create PDFs by simply combining different format files. It is also flexible since it supports numerous output formats like PPT, RTF, Excel, Word, HTML and Text. PDFelement for iOS further imports PDFs from multiple cloud services such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box.
- PDF editing, whereby you can change stylistic setting such as font color and style without losing the original formatting.
- PDF conversion, whereby you can transform formats like PowerPoint, Excel and Word to or from PDF format.
- PDF annotation, which involves utilizing annotation and collaboration tools like highlighting text, sticky notes and free-hand drawing tools.
- PDF signing to make expedite contracts binding instantly. This involves quickly and easily adding handwritten or digital signatures to your PDFs.
- PDF sharing through Wi-Fi transfer. This feature allows you to move PDFs across numerous iPhones or iPads via Wi-Fi connection
- PDF page organization, through rotate, reorder or delete functions.
PDFelement is an application that is available for Mac, Windows and iOS devices. In Mac, you can use PDFelement for Mac in macOS 11, macOS 10.15 and macOS 10.14, namely Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave, respectively. PDFelement for Windows is also usable in Windows 10, and PDFelement for iOS in any iOS devices using iOS 14, and earlier versions.
If your goal is maximizing your productivity when using PDF files, then you need to consider iAnnotate as one the PDF Expert alternatives for iOS 14 that you can use. It is among the best alternatives to PDF Expert as of 2020 because it does a lot more than just opening and viewing PDFs. This application also comes with multitask support feature that allows you to view two PDFs at the same time and side by side, especially on your iPad Pro. Additionally, it automatically annotates when you use the Apple Pencil and allows scrolling, zooming and panning with your fingers at will.
- Annotates with highlighter, underline, arrow, date stamp, typewriter and voice recording tools, among others.
- Customization of PDFs through drag and drop tools
- The flatten feature compresses annotations onto the document to prevent modification
- PDF creation using black documents, or lined or graph-paper pages.
- PDF arrangement through adding, deleting, rotating and rearranging pages
- Synchronization with iCloud services such as OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box.
iAnnotate is a PDF Expert alternative for iOS 14 that functions perfectly in devices with iOS 10.0 or later. Therefore, it is reliable in various types of iPhones from iPhone 5S, iPhone 6S to iPhone XS and iPhone 11 Pro Max, and iPads like iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad Pro.
GoodReader is a recommendable app like PDF Expert for iOS 14 because it is extremely easy to use. This application can be used in place of PDF Expert because it gives you complete control of your PDF files, making management of entire files very easy. It allows enables you to read, create and edit PDF annotations. Additionally, it supports file management by renaming, copying, moving, zipping and unzipping, and transferring files and folders. It also supports working with other file formats like HTML, TXT, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. You may also use GoodReader to store your PDF data to several cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
- PDF reading, as well as viewing of pictures, iWork, Microsoft Office and TXT files.
- Annotating PDFs, whereby you can add notes and drawings, and highlight text before sharing them
- Download, upload and sync PDFs to Box, Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox.
- PDF protection, whereby you can set AES-256, a military grade encryption to protect your data. Note that GoodReader’s PDF protection feature is independent from Apple’s Data Protection, making your PDFs safe is a hacker accesses your iDevice.
You can comfortably use GoodReader as the best alternative to PDF Expert as of 2020 in iPad, iPod touch and iPhone, so long as they run on iOS 9.0 or later, if you have not yet upgraded to iOS 14.
4. Foxit Mobile PDF
Foxit Mobile PDF is also among the recommendable PDF Expert alternatives and similar software for iOS 14 that can handle your PDF files. It is a perfect option because it not only allows viewing and editing of PDF files, but also of PowerPoint, Word and Excel documents as well. As use this software on your iPhone or iPad you can as well integrate with Evernote, since you may need the notes stored in this note taking application. Foxit Mobile PDF application can also handle legal documents in bulk, especially those that need signing. It is also recommended for company owners because it supports real-time group editing.
- ConnectedPDF feature, which is a proprietary technology that allows employees in your organization to work on the same document
- PDF creation from scratch through blank documents, or from Microsoft Office, HTML, text and image files. You can also create by combining multiple PDF documents
- PDF conversion, whereby you change PDFs to Microsoft Office, HTML, text and image files
- PDF editing through hyperlinks, audios and video insertion, optimization of PDF documents, addition and deletion of text and images in PDFs and PDF page organization.
If you own an iPod touch, iPad or iPhone that runs on iOS 11 or later, you can acquire Foxit Mobile PDF and use it for all the above mentioned activities.
5. PDFPen 5
One of the recommended PDF Expert alternatives for iOS 14 that you should consider is PDFPen 5. Many of its users use it as a PDF Expert alternative because it is powerful and quickly fills and signs contracts and applications. It allows you to make corrections on your PDF through editing tools, and annotate as well through highlighting and commenting effortlessly. It also provides dark mode to allow you to work on your PDF documents at night using low light conditions. With PDFPen 5, you can also enhance multitasking ability by opening two documents simultaneously on separate windows.
- PDF annotation through insertion of notes and comments and highlighting
- PDF editing through altering text, and moving, copying, resizing, and deleting images.
- Addition of watermarks
- Filling out PDF forms, including the specialized signature fields.
- PDF signing
- Organizing PDF pages by duplicating and rotating pages, and deleting, adding and rearranging pages.
- PDF security through document password that restricts opening of PDF
If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that is using iOS 13 or 14, you can use PDFPen 5 quite well and in several languages such as Spanish, English, German, Simplified and Traditional Chinese and Italian.
6. LiquidText PDF Reader
One of the best PDF Expert alternatives on an iOS 14 iPad is LiquidText PDF Reader. This PDF editor edits your PDF files immaculately and keeps them perfectly organized according to your demanding workflow. It mainly focuses on annotating lengthy documents. Therefore, it allows you to add notes and highlight the important parts of your PDF documents, as well as draw. With LiquidText app in your iPad, you can also include comments that connect numerous documents. It further provides easy accessibility of PDFs by synchronizing data, making it accessible in iCloud Drive and Box, among other cloud services.
- PDF annotation by freely drawing or highlighting on PDF documents
- Search feature from LiquidText home screen that finds texts in your documents through keywords.
- Import numerous PDFs into a project and view three at once.
- Share PDFs by exporting as PDFs or Word file. You may also share by sending files by Box, Dropbox and iCloud Drive.
If you have an iPad that is running on iOS 13 or 14, you can greatly benefit from LiquidText PDF Reader. It is also compatible with Mac computers, so long as they run on Catalina, macOS 10.15, or Big Sur, macOS 11.
7. PDF Viewer
PDF Viewer is another great app like PDF Expert for iOS 14 that can handle your PDFs amazingly. This application is a perfect alternative for PDF Expert because it suites all types of PDFs users due to its clean and simplistic interface, as well as powerful annotation tools. This lightweight, yet highly user friendly PDF software can import your PDFs from cloud services and manipulate them using easy-to-use tools. Using your Apple Pencil or finger, you can markup or highlight text. To emphasize points, PDF Viewer lets you add comments to the files. It also allows addition of audio and images to PDF files.
- PDF viewing especially after importing from your favorite cloud service provider or email.
- PDF annotation by adding texts or notes and drawing directly on the PDF
- PDF signing using Apple Pencil or finger. Signature is movable and resizable
- PDF creating from existing documents or by combining several PDFs into one.
- PDF editing by moving, deleting, rotating and adding new content.
- PDF form filling by adding text to fields.
PDF Viewer is compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, especially those that use iOS 13 and 14. It is available in several languages such as French, English, German, Italian and Arabic, among others.
Xodo is also among the alternatives to PDF Expert for iPhone and iPad that are recommended by professionals. This application is likely to take you by surprise due to its neat and functional user interface. You can use it instead of PDF Expert because it supports Apple Pencil and edits, signs, annotates and fills PDF forms. Additionally, it connects to cloud storage sites like other PDF Expert alternatives and similar software for iOS 14 mentioned above. Basically, it allows you to collaborate with other devices or users using the most preferable cloud storage site and thus share and edit PDF documents through email.
- PDF viewing and navigating through bookmark outline that finds specific section within the PDFs, text search, continuous scroll and two-finger scrolling.
- PDF annotation by attaching sticky notes highlighting passages, striking out mistakes and inserting circles, arrows and other objects
- PDF signing and form filling
- PDF file management and page organization
So long as your iPad or iPhone runs on iOS 11, 13 or 14, you can confidently acquire Xodo and utilize it as the main PDF Expert alternative for iOS 14. The multiple languages available such as Korean, Japanese, English, Italian, French and Greek, among others, should make it more flexible for you.
9. PDF Max
- PDF editing through embedding links and managing PDF outlines
- Form filling with support for dropdown list, checkboxes, text fields, and zoom in writing.
- PDF signing to insert and manage signatures
- PDF annotation through text markup, record and embed voice annotations, and shape and eraser tools
- File sharing through seamless and desktop like integration with Google Drive and Dropbox
PDF Max only requires your iPhone or iPad to contain iOS 11.0 and later versions, including the most recent, iOS 14.
10. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader concludes the list of PDF Expert alternatives and similar software for iOS 14 because it only allows PDF text editing on iPad and not iPhone. Nevertheless, it is still among the best alternatives to PDF Expert as of 2020 because it allows you to rearrange pages, fill forms and sign them, and highlight and annotate PDFs before sharing them. Additionally, it enables creation of PDFs in multiple ways and converting images into PDFs using Optical Character Recognition technology (OCR). It also comes with a beautiful user interface that makes it quite attractive.
- Easy PDF viewing through search, zoom in and out and scroll functions
- PDF annotation using text markup, highlight and PDF commenting tools.
- Easy workability with scanned PDFs
- PDF signing and form filling by typing into text fields
- Support of dark mode, making it easier to read PDFs and edit in low light
- Storage of PDF files in cloud storage services such as Box, Google Drive, iCloud Drive and Microsoft OneDrive.
For you to fully enjoy Adobe Acrobat Reader, your iPhone or iPad should have iOS 12 or later. Having iOS 14 makes it better. You will definitely enjoy switching languages since it supports English, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Italian, French and German, among others.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Use Picture-in-Picture on Your iPhone in iOS 14
- How to Open Zip Files on Your iPhone or iPad in iOS 14
- How to Stop Receiving Subscription Renewal Emails from Apple on iOS 14
- How to Use the iPhone/iPad App Library in iOS 14
- iOS 14: Release Date, New Features, Compatible Devices, More