10 Best Free PDF Readers Apps for iPhone on iOS 14
You might have bought a new iPhone, updated your iOS version, or simply needed a software to cater to your business needs. Now, you need to look no further, for this article details the best free PDF readers apps for iPhone on iOS 14.
Best PDF Reader Apps for 2022
on iOS 14
1. PDFelement for iOS
PDFelement for iOS is hands-down the best PDF reader for iPad on iOS 14. It offers you the capability to free play with your PDF files: edit the text and images in your PDF, search for specific sequences in the document, and even add your handwritten signature to the official forms.
This application is loaded with features that you didn’t even know you were missing out on! You can use its Font Recognition feature to find out the font style used in a document, and then change the size, style, and color of the text. What’s more, you can add textboxes, freehand drawings, and stamps to the file, or use the “Eraser” to completely clear out parts of the document.
- Complementing the dark mode of iOS 14, PDFelement lets you choose the background theme of your choice
- You can import your files from the various cloud services like OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive
- Different pages of different PDFs can be merged to form a new PDF file
- PDFelement, like other PDF readers on the App Store, does not support the conversion of PDFs to different formats
2. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe developed and introduced the PDF file format to the general population, which meant that we had high hopes for its PDF application on iOS. A fairly remarkable application, Adobe Acrobat Reader makes it to our list of the best free PDF readers apps for iPhone on iOS 14.
In its free version, the application lets you search, scroll, and zoom in and out of your PDF files. Moreover, much like on its PC counterpart, you can use sticky notes and drawing tools to comment on the PDFs. These comments can then be interacted or responded to by others.
- The annotation tools help you highlight or mark up certain areas of the text
- You can easily collaborate with others by tracking changes or using comments
- The Acrobat Reader also lets you create shareable links over emails
- Features such as editing the PDFs, or exporting them to Microsoft Office compatible formats require a subscription first Images
3. PDF Editor
Are you looking for a lightweight PDF reader for your iPhone? Then, PDF Editor by Milad Fakhr is the best application for your need. It comes at a size of less than 15 MB and lets you read e-books and PDF documents easily. Moreover, it sports a minimalistic design that complements iOS 14 and, unlike other applications, does not come off as heavy to your eyes.
Even if it has a smaller size, it is still packed with the essential features: you can mark up pages, search for specific lines in your document, and zoom into the paragraphs.
- You can share PDF files through iCloud, WhatsApp, and Google Drive
- It converts images directly to the PDF format
- PDF Editor also features a dark mode to suit your customization style
- Its widely acclaimed OCR feature, which reads text from images and converts it to a document, comes at a hefty subscription price
4. WPS Office
WPS Office has been a user favorite on both the Android and iOS stores, totaling over 1 billion downloads in total. And they’re not without reason: WPS Office offers you the complete office suite in the palm of your hand – all for free.
The PDF feature of WPS office is remarkable enough to feature in our list of the best free PDF readers apps for iPhone on iOS 14. The PDF Editor can convert different file formats such as those from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs directly to PDF. Moreover, you can add bookmarks to your PDF file and view annotations on the document too.
- With WPS Office, you will not need to download another application for merely viewing PDFs as its built-in feature is powerful enough for the average users
- The format conversion feature sets it apart from other PDF Editors
- Unlike other PDF Readers, it does not allow you to scan images, and convert them to PDF documents
5. PDF Office
PDF Office was created by Rashmi Derasari and is yet another powerful PDF application available on the App Store. In addition to offering clutter-free application design, it is jacked up with a diverse set of tools.
The PDF Office can be used to open several different files, which include, but are not limited to Microsoft Office files, websites, images, audios, and even videos. Moreover, it has unique features that let you convert your PDF files to JPG format, or even compress the PDF to decrease its size. Through its editing tool, you can add text to the PDF file, highlight or underline text, or even change the annotation color.
- PDF Office makes it easy to manage PDFs as it can import your files from different cloud drives – including iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox – and share them over Gmail and WhatsApp
- You can use its Drawing tool to draw over the PDFs freely
- It also carries a merging tool to help you create different PDF files, suiting your needs
- Although it can convert PDFs to image files, it cannot convert image files to PDF
6. Documents by Readdle
Which app is the best for PDF Reading on iOS 14? Which app is the best for viewing Office files on iOS 14?
If these questions bother you, and you would like an all-in-one solution to your iOS document needs, then you need to look no further than the Documents application created by Readdle. It takes care of all your needs and even more.
Although it is primarily a document management software, it ticks all our boxes for a great PDF editor: the PDF reading experience is engaging, the files can be annotated, e-books are supported, and it also lets you search for text inside PDFs.
- You will not need a separate PDF viewing software if you only wish to read PDF files
- Your PDF files on the iOS can all be seen categorically, in one place. Through this application, you will not need to search up your Files, and WhatsApp conversations to find PDF files
- The PDF Editor tool in Documents is only available after a subscription charge
7. Foxit MobilePDF
Foxit MobilePDF features on our list of the best PDF reader apps for 2020 on iOS 14 for its minimalistic design and the simple user experience in its application. What does an average iOS user need from his PDF application? Mostly, it’s a combination of wanting to open PDF files fast, bookmarking important PDF documents, add annotations and comments to the PDF, or rename the files. Foxit offers all these features, completely free.
Moreover, it also grants you an additional feature of reading the text of your PDF out loud, which can be a deciding feature for those on the go or a special needs person.
- Foxit MobilePDF lets you share your PDF files across your desktop over Wi-Fi
- It can scan paper documents and then convert them to the PDF format for easy access
- PDF forms can quickly be filled out and saved through this reader
- Special features such as creating a blank PDF from scratch, or converting other file formats to PDFs require a monthly subscription
8. Apple Books
You might have thought that we forgot to add Apple Books to our list, but fret not, for this application cannot be missed on iOS 14. It comes pre-installed on your phone, and for a good reason: in addition to viewing PDF files and marking them up, Apple provides you with a complete online book store to fulfil your reading needs.
Their book store may contain many books that need to be purchased, but they have a separate section for books available for free, and also offer previews for many books so that you can decide with experience. Moreover, they also feature audiobooks which help you gain the book’s knowledge speedily and do not require your staring on the screen for hours at a stretch.
- The PDF functionality lets you read and open PDFs on Safari, and other iOS applications
- Apple offers various editing tools to help you draw on the PDFs, or highlight specific sections
- Books is designed by apple, making it entirely in sync with iOS 14’s design
- The application does not scan your images and convert them to PDFs
- It also does not let you add images or text into the document
9. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is the last application on our list of the best free PDF readers apps for iPhone on iOS 14. This application has been awarded the “Editor’s Choice” by Apple and has earned praise from various websites such as TechCrunch and The Verge.
As can be understood from the name, the application contains all the features you need as a PDF expert: you can use the text-to-speech feature to listen to your PDFs, create notes in the form of comments in the PDF, use the drawing tool to play with the PDF file, and add stickers to express emotions on your files.
- PDF Expert lets you create bookmarks for your files
- It uses 2-way sync with your documents so that you do not have to worry about losing a vital PDF file
- It contains various stamps such as “Approved,” “Confidential” and the like to mark documents
- You can only add your signature to the documents if you purchase the application
The PDF Reader by Kdan has many accolades to its name, namely featuring on the iTunes list of “10 Essentials” in the Utility category, which helped secure its spot in our article for the best PDF reader apps for 2020 on iOS 14. In addition to supporting many mainstream file formats, such as the Vitrium format used in e-books, it has the additional capability to create new PDF files for you.
PDF Reader makes use of Optical Character Recognition to extract text from image scans you feed into it. These scans can also be merged and combined to form multi-page PDFs.
- You can simply write on PDFs using the Apple Pencil or your finger
- Annotations added to the PDF files are saved in the XPDF format
- You can add your signature directly, or upload it to a PDF through the signature image
- The Night Mode for PDF Reader is only available through a subscription
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 10 Easy Ways to Fix iPhone/iPad Wifi Connection Problems on iOS 14
- How to Check iPhone Battery Health on iOS 14
- What to Do If Emails Not Showing Up on iOS 14
- How to Change, Add or Remover Apple ID Payment on iOS 14
- How to Turn Off AirDrop on iPhone/iPad on iOS 14