How to Do Word Count in InDesign - 2022
Some projects require a precise number of words. Maybe you can't go over a certain threshold as it will interfere with the message you are trying to pass across. For example, maybe you are creating a poster that will be used to only pass across a very specific message. In this case, the imagery would be far better than words and therefore you may want to limit your word count.
But how do you know how many words you have written in InDesign? In a word processor like MS Word, this is very simple: the program tells you how many words you have used as you type. In this article, we look at the word count in InDesign and how you can tell the number of words you are using while working on a project in InDesign.
How to Do Word Count in InDesign
Like we mentioned before knowing exactly the number of words you have used in your InDesign project can help you meet a certain target or prevent you from using too many unnecessary words. Whatever the reason you want a specific word count in InDesign, here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Open InDesign and then import the document you want to edit. You can do that by going to "File > Open" in the control panel.
- Step 2: With the document open in InDesign, go to "Windows" > "Info" to open the Info panel.
- Step 3: Now to count the words in a selected area of text, select the text area and then highlight the text. You should then see the character, word, line and paragraph counts in the Info panel.
To see the word count in the while document or across a large section of text frames, click inside one of the text frames and the relevant information will appear in the info panel.
Another Method to Do Word Count of InDesign Files
If you don't have InDesign and you still need to create and edit documents, we have a tool for you that is just as effective. This tool is known as Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor and it is one of the best document management tools you will find. That's because it is easy to use and comes with a lot of features allowing you to perform just about any function on any document. The following are just some of these features:
- It can be used to create PDF files very easily. Simply open a file in PDFelement and it will be converted to PDF.
- You can also use PDFelement to convert any PDFs you create in the program to other formats including Word, Excel, HTML and more.
- It has an OCR function that you can use to convert scanned or image-rich PDFs into more editable formats.
- It has very good document editing features that allow you to edit both the images and text on the document.
- Its annotation features also allow you to easily add comments, stamps and notes onto a document or highlight and underline text if you want to.
It is very easy to use. There are no complications and you can find ay feature you may want to use even if you have never used the program before.
Step 1: Open InDesign File
You can choose to simply click on the "Open File" button to browse for the file you need and import it into the program.
You can also simply drag and drop the file into the program to easily open it. You can also click on "File > Open" to browse for the file you need and open it.
Step 3: Convert PDF to Word
Go to the "Home" tab, and find "To Word" button. Click to transform your PDF into Word document within 2 seconds.
Step 3: Do Word Count for the Converted InDesign File
Simply open the converted Word document and go to "Review" > "Word Count".
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Export InDesign to Word
- How to Merge Data with InDesign
- How to Make Clipping Mask in InDesign - 2022
- How to Add Crop Marks in InDesign
- How to Change Text Color in InDesign - 2022