How to Export InDesign to PDF
You don't have to be an experienced graphic designer to know how to export InDesign to PDF. You just have to learn how to do it. You would be surprised to know that the whole process is quite straightforward. PDF offers many advantages hence the need for exporting whatever you do in InDesign here. PDF is a popular and easy to view format. It doesn't take much space to store in your system either and has customizable security settings. This InDesign export PDF lessons make whatever you designed easily accessible to everybody. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor helps you to ensure that the InDesign file you exported remains in excellent quality.
Steps to Export InDesign to PDF
You would be surprised at how easy it is for you to export InDesign file to PDF. Before proceeding, it would be good to remind you that cases of InDesign failed to export PDF are also quite common. Therefore, it's important to prepare for that possibility. It would also be great for you to optimize the PDF to keep conversion errors away from the file you export. Ascertain that the image is of the highest quality as well. You can do that with PDFelement too. The size has to remain relatively the same once you finish exporting. It's good to make your layouts before exporting the file. Confirm that the PDF export settings.
Step 1. Open InDesign
Obviously, the first step is to launch InDesign. Do all the work you need with the program. Once you’re done editing it to your satisfaction, remember to save the file. Close the file you were working on. Next, locate it from the folder where you saved it.
Step 2. Export Indesign to PDF
Did you find the file? If you found it, your next task would be to click "File". Afterward, click the "Export" button. Check the "Save as Types" option to find "Adobe PDF (Print)". Choose that option to stop worrying about problems such as InDesign failed to export the PDF file.
Step 3. Open PDF
Use PDFelement for viewing, editing or sending the file you just exporting from InDesign. Here are the steps about how to edit PDF documents easily.
The Best PDF Editor
PDFelement is one of the most powerful PDF editing systems in the market today. It’s also one of the easiest ones to use. This enterprise grade solution offers all the professional tools you need for editing PDF that you exported from InDesign or any other similar program. The solution is ideal for businesses that have struggled with problems such as ‘failed to export the PDF file InDesign.’ More importantly, you can use PDFelement in Windows and Mac platforms without any difficulty. It would probably please you to note that the program is quite lightweight too. Apart from that, it’s efficient, fast, and possesses great functionality.
You can use PDFelement to read PDF files, especially those you exported from InDesign. It also helps you in creating and annotating PDF files. What is more, you can open just about any type of PDF file with this powerful program. It can convert hundreds of different types of documents too. It allows you to add pictures to any document or file of your choosing. It’s also easier to use it numbering pages in your document so you can move from one section to the next quickly. The full repertoire of tasks you can accomplish in the shortest time possible with this PDF solution include:
- Converting PDF documents
- Editing content on PDF documents
- Removing pages from the PDF files
- Merging several files from different formats into one PDF file
- Protecting PDF file with passwords
- Adding an electronic digital signature
Advantages of PDF Format
PDF is the abbreviated way of referring to Portable Document Format. It displays documents in electronic format away from the actual program used to design them in the first place. Most users don’t have these designing programs, such as Adobe InDesign. However, almost everybody has a PDF reader. The readers are readily available online too. Adobe originally developed it before relinquishing its rights to International Organization for Standardization, which then made the program an “open standard.” Today, PDF’s popularity is because of the following advantages that it offers users.
- Anybody anywhere can open it
- It's easy to transfer across multiple devices
- PDF files are easy to create, use and read thus making the program convenient
- It retains graphic integrity by not distorting the content or layout of your design
- It's highly secure because of the protection it offers
- It offers users the chance to compress files into the size that makes them easy to exchange or export without messing with the quality of the image or contents
- It's multi-dimensional owing to the fact that you can integrate multiple types of content including buttons, hyperlinks, interactive fields, 3D models, audio files, animations, videos, texts, images and graphics
Are you worried that InDesign failed to export the PDF file? Use PDFelement to confirm that you exported the InDesign file correctly to PDF.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Add and Edit InDesign Hyperlinks - 2023
- Two Methods to Convert PDF to InDesign on Mac
- Top 5 Alternatives To InDesgin App for iPad and iPhone 13
- 2 Methods to Convert INDD to PDF
- How to Add Pages and Delete Pages in InDesign