How to Convert InDesign to HTML - 2021
HTML is a file format that is designed to make it easier to share documents online. For this reason it is highly popular format, with most InDesign users looking to convert their completed projects to HTML. You can easily save the completed InDesign project file as a HTML file and as we shall show you shortly, the process is quite easy. But as we know, sometimes, you may need to convert InDesign to HTML and you don't have the InDesign app. In this case, we will share with you a tool - PDFelement that is very helpful in this regard.
InDesign is a great document layout app and it can be useful in a number of ways. But it is also out of reach for most people and if you are not a professional graphics designer, paying $20.99 a month for the program can seem unfeasible. So what program can you turn to when you want to make small changes to InDesign documents?
The good news is we have a tool that is compatible with all InDesign formats and that allows you to easily make small edits to an InDesign document or even convert it to another format. This tool is PDFelement, an expert in document management with features that make it one of the most effective tools to manage even InDesign files. These features include the following:
- It is the ideal tool to create PDF documents and easily covert them to other formats if you need to.
- It can also be used to edit both the text and images in the PDF document.
- It also comes with an OCR feature that is designed to make it easier to edit scanned or image-rich PDF documents.
- It is also ideal for annotation. It comes with various annotation features including the ability to comment, highlight, add stamps and even add notes to the document.
- You can also use PDFelement to create and fill PDF fillable forms and add a signature to make them more binding.
How to Export InDesign to HTML with Formatting
One of the other more prominent advantages that PDFelement has over InDesign and other document management programs is the fact that it is very easy to use. The following tutorial demonstrates how easy it is to convert InDesign to HTML.
Step 1: Import InDesign PDF
Users usually export InDesign as PDF for easy sharing and high security. So you can just open the exported PDF by clicking the "Open File" button on the main window of PDFelement you should see.
Step 2: Convert InDesign to HTML
Once the InDesign file is open, click on "Home" in the main menu and then select "To Others" . From the drop-down menu, click on "Convert to HTML".
Step 3: Save the Converted File
Once the file is converted to HTML, click on "File > Save As" to set the saving path and properties. A HTML copy of the InDesign file will now be on your computer, ready to share.
How to Export InDesign to HTML in InDesign
If you have access to the InDesign app, you can very easily also export the InDesign file to HTML. The following is a simple step-by-step process to show you how:
- Step 1: download and install InDesign on to your computer if you haven't already and then open it. Now, open the InDesign file that you want to export to HTML.
- Step 2: Click on "File > Export" to open the export dialogue box on the screen.
- Step 3: from the "Save as Type" (for Windows users) or the "Format" (for Mac users) drop-down menu choose HTML. In this window, choose the location you want to save your file on your hard drive or network and also enter the filename for the HTML file.
- Step 4: Click on "Save" and this will open the HTML Export Options dialogue box where you should see the general editing options. Here, you will get the chance to determine if you want to export only the selection of the document or the entire document. You can also choose how to handle any numbers and bullet points on the document.
- Step 5: In the left column, you will see several options for saving optimized images. You can leave the "Image Conversion' drop-down list at Automatic to let InDesign or you can specify the format if you like all your images a certain format.
- Step 6: In the "Advanced" section, decide how you want CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to be handled. Select if you want to use CSS or not.
- Step 7: Finally, return to the general tab along the left side and choose to "View" the HTML after conversion to make sure that it is correctly exported. The HTML file should open on your default browser.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Export InDesign to PDF
- The Main Differences between InDesign and Photoshop
- How to Add and Edit InDesign Hyperlinks - 2021
- Two Methods to Convert PDF to InDesign on Mac
- Top 5 Alternatives To InDesgin App for iPad and iPhone 13