How to Export InDesign to Word
Do you have a document that you created in InDesign that you want to convert to Word? The process to convert InDesign to Word can seem like a challenging process, but only if you don't have the right tool. There are very many situations where you may want to export InDesign files to Word, and Word is a great way to edit the text in the document if you don't have access to the InDesign app. In this article, we’ll outline the best tool to help you convert InDesign files to Word - PDFelement.
One of the best tools to help you export InDesign to Word is PDFelement. This is a document management tool that can be very handy when managing PDF documents, but is also quite useful in converting documents from one format to another. Apart from being very easy to use, the program also has the following features:
- This tool can be used to create PDF documents in a single click and also convert the PDF files into any other format including Word.
- It also has a powerful OCR feature that is used to transform scanned or image-rich PDF files into editable formats.
- It can be used to edit various aspects of the PDF document including the text and images within the document.
- You can easily create and fill forms and use the signature feature to secure sensitive documents.
How to Convert InDesign to Word
PDFelement makes it very easy for you to convert InDesign files to Word. The following is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
Step 1: Export InDesign Files to PDF
In the InDesign app, click "File" and then "Export". In the dialogue box, choose "Adobe PDF (Print)" as the format and click "Save."
Step 2. Open InDesign PDF
To open the InDesign PDF, click on "Open File…" in the program's main window or drag and drop the file into the program to open it.
Step 3: Convert InDesign to Word
To covert the open file to Word, click on "Home" in the main menu and then click on "To Word." You will then be able to choose the output folder to save the converted Word document. After you set all properties, click "Convert."
Tips: How to Export InDesign to Word Online
There are tools that you can use online to export InDesign to Word. But most of these tools will only work if you first of all export the InDesign files to PDF and then convert the PDF to Word. But there are some shortcomings to exporting InDesign to Word online and they include the following:
- Most online tools will not work with documents that are password-protected.
- They may also not be ideal for documents that have too many images on them. Once conversion is complete, images may not be formatted correctly.
- You don't have the option to make changes to the PDF document before you convert to Word.
- An online tool may not be the ideal solution for documents with sensitive information, since you cannot guarantee the safety of the data in your file.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Export InDesign to PDF
- The Main Differences between InDesign and Photoshop
- How to Add and Edit InDesign Hyperlinks - 2021
- Two Methods to Convert PDF to InDesign on Mac
- Top 5 Alternatives To InDesgin App for iPad and iPhone 13