How to Create and Print Booklet in InDesign - 2023
Print Booklet is a great feature for doing basic imposition by putting more than one document page on the same printed page. That way, when you print and fold, or cut the pages, the right page shows up in the right place. Booklets can be used for small book or group of pages, postage stamp booklet, liner notes, and more. The process of creating InDesign booklet is rather easy if you know your way around the application. With that in mind, let's take a look how to print booklet in InDesign.
How to Print InDesign Booklet
We will talk later what is the process of making a booklet in InDesign. But before we get there, some printers require your booklet to be in a PDF format. Or you might want to export the booklet to PDF, and then make some changes. If you need to make changes to PDF documents, and maximize your document productivity, you need good PDF software. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor comes in a handy, a great tool for personal, professional, and industry needs.
Whether you are a small company, an individual, or a large company, powerful PDF software is a must. The software can handle large amount of conversations, larger projects, and help you edit and organize your PDF document as you wish.
Here is a quick look at all of the features.
- Edit text, whether by using Line mode or Paragraph mode.
- Add, remove, rotate, re-size, crop, and edit any graphical element in PDF files.
- Easily edit pictures and photos in PDF.
- Create interactive form fields in PDF documents and fill them.
- Extract data from any PDF file.
- Convert PDF documents into other file formats, either by single file or batch conversion.
- Secure your PDF document with password protection and restriction.
Speaking of booklet printing, one of the great features of PDF Printers is the ability to offer PDF booklet printing. Book and booklet creation is a distinct tool available in only few great PDF printers. PDFelement is a software that helps you do exactly that. The software utilizes booklet creation, making it seamless and easy. Here is the guide how to easily print booklets in PDF.
Step 1. Open the InDesign File
You can do this in two ways. One is to click on "Open File" in the main interface. The other is to drag and drop the file into the program.
Step 2. Go to "Print" Toolbar
Go to "File" and then click on "Print" from the drop down menu list. The software will list all of the printing options, including printer properties, copies, pages, and more. Modify to suit your needs, and then move on to the next step.
Step 3. Print Booklet
Click "Print", and find the "Print Mode" button. Click on it, and you will see an option for "Booklet". Clicking on Booklet will open additional options and parameters. Set up your choices, click "Print", and the document will be printed as a booklet.
How to Print Booklet in InDesign Directly
We explained why you need booklets, as they are great when you want the front cover to join the back cover. Or you can make it so the inside front cover joins the inside back cover, and so on. With InDesign, you can easily print the booklet. Once you create your booklet project, and you are ready to print it, follow this step by step guide for creating a booklet in InDesign:
- Open the document and then go to "File > Print Booklet". Select "Default" under the print preset drop-down menu.
- Choose your booklet type, we usually recommend going for 2-up Saddle Stitch.
- Go to Print Settings, located at the bottom of the window. See if the Computer Center Printers option is selected as your Printer.
- Go to the Setup menu, left hand column, and check the paper size and page orientation. The ideal scenario is US Letter landscape = 2x half letters side by side.
- Go to "Marks and Bleed", and uncheck the marks and bleeds unless your intention is to trim the printed document.
- Click on the "Printer" button at the bottom of the window, and then click "Show Details". Choose from the Two-Sided drop down and choose Short-Edge binding.
- Click "Print" to apply the setting changes. You are still not printing, do not worry.
- Go to the "Print Booklet" window, and click "Preview" in the left column. Check your formatting, and see if you are satisfied with it. If you are, click "Print".
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert InDesign to PowerPoint - 2023
- How to Add InDesign Transparency and Opacity Effects
- How to Add a Drop Shadow in InDesign
- How to Do a Drop Cap in InDesign
- How to Make Clipping Mask in InDesign - 2023