How to Change Text Color in InDesign - 2022
InDesign is one of the most popular and useful programs to create and design documents. Its wide range of tools make it the ideal software to help you create brochures, posters and more. One important feature is the ability to change text color in InDesign, which we will look at in this article.
How to Change Text Color in InDesign File
If you’ve never used InDesign before, it can be a difficult program to master. If you don't have the time to spend learning all the ins and outs of the program, or if you just want to quickly change text color, you may want to use Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor instead.
PDFelement is a PDF document management tool that can do many of the same things InDesign can do without being overly complex. Some of the features that make it the ideal InDesign replacement include the following:
- It allows you to edit and annotate PDFs quickly and easily.
- You can create PDFs in a single click or convert PDFs to other formats.
- It also has form filling features that allow you to create and fill in PDF forms easily.
- Its OCR features allow you to transform a scanned PDF file into an editable format.
That said, here's how you can change the text color of InDesign files:
Step 1: Open the InDesign PDF
The first thing you need to do is open the InDesign file you want to edit. Once you open the program, you can easily drag and drop the file you want to edit into the main window to open it. Or click "Open Files…" to accomplish the same task.
Step 2: Select the Text
With the InDesign file open in PDFelement, click on "Edit" in the main menu. This will allow you to select the text you want to edit. If you want to change font color, simply click on the area or text box and drag to select the desired text.
Step 3: Change the Color of the Text
Once the text is selected, you should see a control panel on the left with various tools displayed. Select the text color tool to choose your preferred color and the selected text will change to match the color you've chosen.
Don't forget to save the document to avoid losing the changes you've made. To do that click on "File > Save As" and assign a preferred filename.
How to Change Text Color in InDesign CC
InDesign can also be a pretty powerful way to change the text color on your document. The following steps outline how to change the text color on an InDesign file using InDesign:
- Step 1: Download and install InDesign on to your computer if you haven't already and then open it to begin.
- Step 2: Open the InDesign file you want to edit in the program or create a new document.
- Step 3: With the document open in InDesign, select the "Type Tool" from the toolbox on the left. If you don't see the Type tool or the toolbox is not displayed by default, click "Window" and click on "Tools" from the menu to display it.
- Step 4: The next step is to select the text you want to edit using the Type tool. With InDesign, you can select a single letter, a Word or the entire text in a text box. To select everything in the text box easily, simply click inside the text box and then press "Ctrl +A" on your keyboard.
- Step 5: Press F6 to quickly open the color toolbox. You will notice that the "Fill" option will be selected by default, meaning that the entire object will be changed.
- Step 6: Double click on the "Stroke" or the "Fill" icon in the upper left corner of the color box. Both buttons will change the color of the text but the "Stroke" icon will change the color of the letters' stroke or outline and the "Fill" icon will change the color of the whole object.
InDesign provides you with a lot of options to change the color of objects including text in your document. But the many tools and their different functions can also make it a very difficult tool to master. This is why we recommend that you try PDFelement instead. It is a much simpler tool that gives you just as many options as InDesign without the confusion.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 Free InDesign Alternative for macOS 10.14
- How to Create Interactive PDF with InDesign - 2022
- How to Convert InDesign to PDF - 2022
- How to Convert PDF to INDD - 2022
- Is your InDesign PDF File Too Large? Compress it Now