2023-01-06 19:30:23 • Filed to:
Features of Indesign
• Proven solutions
Hyperlinks are a great addition to many types of documents, as they lead users to further information and resources. An InDesign hyperlink works very well, but it adds an extra step in the process that can sometimes seem complicated. Luckily, the steps in this article make the process seem simple. Read on to learn more.
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is a popular PDF program that has an intuitive interface and simplifies problems which other programs present. It is a widely used software, and can come to the rescue when you are having issues with hyperlinks.
This software also has many features that let you perform any action on PDF.
To add hyperlinks to PDF files, follow the steps below:
There are multiple different ways to open PDFs in the program:
Once the document is opened, go to the "Edit" tab and then click the "Link" button. Select the text that you want to hyperlink and then release the mouse button. A dialogue box will appear. Once the settings are done click "Set Link" and the hyperlink will be added to the file.
To edit the hyperlink, double click the hyperlinked text and a dialogue box will appear. Edit the "Link Action" by going to the "Page View" or by using the "Open a Web Page" tab. Then click "Set Link" to complete editing the hyperlink.
This process is very simple using InDesign. Follow the steps below for the best results:
1. To open the panel, follow the path "Window" > "Interactive" > "Hyperlink".
2. Set the hyperlinks in the panel according to your needs:
4. If you want to, you can display the hyperlinks in smaller rows.
5. To create a new hyperlink, right click the text that has been highlighted then choose "Hyperlink" > "New Hyperlink".
6. In the URL field specify the address you want the document to link to.
7. Click "OK" to complete the process.
8. If you want to link the document to another file, then go to the "Link To" dropdown menu and select the file that you want to link to.
9. You can also specify the appearance of the hyperlink.