While HEIC is a highly efficient and space-saving format, there are instances where you might have to convert it into other files. If you get stuck in such a situation, find the best HEIC Converter for Mac and complete the conversion process in seconds.
You might want to convert a HEIC image to a different file format for many reasons. For example, perhaps you need to open the image in an older version of Photoshop, or maybe you want to send it to someone who doesn't have the latest version of macOS. Whatever the reason, pick the best HEIC converters to get a high-quality result.
However, since the internet has plenty of options, choosing the best one can be overwhelming. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the seven online and offline HEIC converters worth adding to your app drawer. Compare their features, pros, and cons, and decide accordingly.
In this article
What Is HEIC File Format?
HEIC Files stands for High-Efficiency Image Container. It is an updated variant of the HEIF, conventionally used by Apple across its mobile devices. The format is designed to replace the older JPEG format and provides better compression and quality while still being compatible with a wide range of devices and software.
HEIC is already supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra and will likely become more widely adopted as time goes on. Each HEIC file uses the .heic or heics extension, depending on the number of images inside. It also contains the relevant metadata signifying each image's size, resolution, location, and more.
● HEIC file format is half the size of JPEG and can hold multiple images in one file, meaning it takes less space to store more images.
● While smaller than other file formats, it still offers the same high-quality images. Additionally, it can support 16-bit color for more flexible editing.
● HEIC files are known for retaining important data about your images. It even stores the image edits, so you can revert to the original at a later stage.
● This file format is used for photoshoots, capturing the action, and creating an animation.
Part 2: Top 5 Desktop HEIC Converters for Mac
Here's a quick rundown of the best HEIC converters for Macs. Read them thoroughly and pick the option accordingly.
The best Mac HEIC converter for all your needs, PDFelement is a one-stop solution to handle your PDF files like no other. In addition to performing different PDF-related functions, this software converts HEIC images to different file formats in seconds.
This tool is packed with lots of powerful features, thus resulting in higher efficiency. With this, you can create PDF files from scratch, convert them to endless formats, and edit them like an editable word file.
● This tool edits PDF texts and metadata on Mac, customizing fonts and personalizing text styles. In addition, you can add graphics to your PDF files with just a few clicks.
● With Wondershare PDFelement, you can easily convert PDF files into word, excel, and several other documents. You can also convert HEIC files into JPG and other file formats for easy editing.
● It offers a batch-processing feature to save you time and effort. You can batch combine, encrypt, print, and add bates numbers, backgrounds, and others simultaneously.
● With this PDFelement, you can easily sign or create binding e-signature fields on every proposal using a mouse or trackpad.
You have to buy a subscription to access advanced features.
Support systems: macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Plans and prices:
● Individuals: $129.99 (Perpetual), $79.99 (Yearly)
● Team Plans: $139.99
The second-best HEIC file converter MAC is iMazing which can easily convert photos from HEIC to JPEG and videos from HEVC to MP4. It is a small, lightweight app to convert photographs and videos to their legacy format.
● In addition to converting HEIC photos into images, you can adjust the image's resolution and quality in seconds.
● It also preserves and removes the EXIF metadata with just a few clicks.
● The tool supports color profiles, including wide-gamut, to facilitate users.
● The best thing is that the iMazing converter is 100% free to use, so you don't have to spend bucks.
● iMazing is available in multiple languages, so you can use it without any language barrier.
#3. HEIC Converter
Still, looking for another converter to carry out the fast and reliable conversion? Well then, your search ends with the HEIC Converter. It is primarily designed to convert HEIC Images to JPEG or PNG. The best part about using this tool is that it lets you choose the JPEG quality, so you can control the final output.
● Drag and drop the HEIC images to HEIC Converter, and the tool instantly converts. It is a fast yet simple converter to carry out the process.
● Along with converting HEIC images, the tool simply preserves image metadata, thus maintaining the overall quality of images.
● With this tool, you can easily set the output directory option, so you don't have to put much effort when finding the output file.
Yet another HEIC mac converter is Aiseesoft. It is a professional application that converts iPod, iPhone, and iPad images from HEIC to JPG or PNG. Again, the conversion process can be initiated either on Windows or Mac, based on your preference.
While it is a paid converter, it still lets you convert 10 HEIC files for free, so you can try it and check whether or not it is worth spending your money on.
Here's a quick rundown of some features that make the Aiseesoft HEIC Converter worth trying.
● This tool comes with incredible compatibility, thus allowing you to initiate the conversion on Windows or Mac.
● It preserves the overall quality of the original file while ensuring that the converted file support multiple colors and internet graphics.
● With Aiseesoft, you can select multiple HEIC images and convert them into JPG or PNG simultaneously to save time and effort.
● It also lets you set the picture quality before converting HEIC to other formats.
● The tool features an easy-to-use and intuitive interface, making it ideal for beginners. You must simply drag and drop the file and click the convert button to start the process.
#5. Mac Preview
Let's wrap up the list with yet another useful HEIC Converter for Mac, which is none other than the Mac Preview. It is one of the fastest, most reliable, and most powerful ways to convert a HEIC image to a JPG on a mac. The best part about using Preview is that it is a built-in app, thus eliminating the hassle of downloading a third-party application.
Mac Preview can handle most image and PDF tasks under one roof with a full set of editing and markup tools. In addition, it boasts an extensive library of PDF markup tools and is capable of being a fully-featured editor that can manage most common business and personal tasks.
While it may not be the most comprehensive application, it can help you out in certain situations, such as converting files to other formats, applying simple modifications to your images, and much more.
● This tool allows you to handle all PDF-related tasks, including reordering, adding, deleting, converting, editing, and other functions.
● Preview can convert HEIC images to several other formats in seconds, so you can drag and drop the file and get a converted file quickly.
● It can easily handle sensitive documents by setting strong passwords and encrypting files.
● The tool is extremely simple to use, and you don't have to undergo tutorials before start using it.
● Since it is a pre-installed Mac application, it is available for free, and you don't have to spend bucks to use its features.
Part 3: 2 Free Online HEIC Converters for Mac
Undoubtedly, desktop HEIC Converters are safe and reliable, and they won't give you the freedom to use them anywhere and restrict you if you don't have your Mac at a certain point. That's where online HEIC converters come into the role. These are browser-based applications, and you can use them anywhere and anytime.
But since plenty of options are available on the market, choosing the best among them can be a real pain. Hence, we have compiled the two best mac HEIC converter options that convert your HEIC files to other formats online.
If you want to make an easy conversion without spending bucks, look no further and now use this HEIC to JPEG free online converter to get it done. It has a straightforward and hassle-free interface, so you can easily complete the process. You must choose HEIC files, drop them to the interface, and click the Start button to initiate the conversion.
● This tool offers a batch processing facility in which you can select up to 100 files and convert them simultaneously to save time and effort.
● It allows you to set the quality of the output file based on your preference.
● You can set the output image size and remove EXIF to convert the photos without compromising quality or affecting the workflow.
● The tool is free to use, and you don't have to spend bucks for it.
● While it is an online tool, it takes care of your privacy and security by assuring that your files will automatically get deleted after one hour of processing.
The second-best online HEIC Converter for Mac is HEICtoJPEG. It converts the files in seconds without affecting the overall quality of the file. In addition, you can upload up to 5 photos at the same time, thus saving you time and effort. So, if you are looking for a no-fuss approach to HEIC conversion, use this tool and get started.
● The tool is free and lets you upload up to 5 HEIC files simultaneously to convert.
● It features no-nonsense and comes with a simple and hassle-free user interface, so you can quickly convert files without watching any tutorial.
● This online converter assures the quality of the output file and will delete it from its servers within a few hours after processing.