How to Decrease PDF Size on Mac
PDF is among the most popular file formats in use today. With its growing popularity, comes the growing size of the PDF files. This is in part due to the increased details in the files. Since computer storage space is quite limited, it is important to come up with ways of decreasing PDF size on Mac. In this article, we will look at how to decrease PDF file size on Mac and the various steps that are involved.
How to Decrease PDF File Size on Mac
The process of decreasing PDF file size on your Mac involves a few simple steps as highlighted below.
Step 1. Install PDFelement
Step 2. Open a PDF on Mac
Navigate to the bottom of the start page to the location labelled "Open File". Clicking on it will open a new page which you can use to access the file location where your PDF document is located. If you had previously opened the file, it will be displayed on the first page among other recently opened documents.
Step 3. Decrease PDF File Size on Mac
Once the file is open, click on "File" which is located on the menu bar. This will open a drop-down menu. On this drop-down menu, click on "Save as other". This option will further direct you to another menu where you will be given the option to choose between the three available labels. Click on "Optimized PDF" to proceed with your activities of decreasing the PDF file size.
Step 4. Settings for Decreasing PDF Size on Mac
Clicking on "Optimized PDF" then opens a new menu that contains a slider which can be moved to dictate the level of optimization to be carried out on the PDF document. Moving the slider to the right decreases the size of the PDF file while moving it to the left reduces the level of optimization. Also displayed on this menu is the final size of the document after optimization. After selecting the level of optimization that is suitable for you, click on "Save As" to save the document. PDFelement also gives you the chance to share the new file by clicking on the "Share" button which will give you all the available sharing options.
PDFelement is a versatile tool that gives users the ability to perform a wide variety of functions on PDF files. With it, users are able to perform the following:
- Open and edit PDF files. It can help you in accessing all your PDF files and making all the relevant changes you would require.
- Convert PDF documents to various file formats including word and HTML. After editing your PDF files, it gives users the ability to save the files in the format of their choice.
- Create forms. It enables users create interactive forms that can be filled by other users. Other than that, it can also automatically recognize form fields in PDF documents.
- Unlock images that are located within the PDF files using Optical Character Recognition. Using OCR, this tool is also able to unlock text that is located within images.
- It also enables users to secure their documents by adding passwords as well as digital signatures.
- It also gives users the ability to optimize their PDF documents to ensure they use the least amount of space possible.
- Share PDF files after working on them directly using medium such as E-mail and cloud storage.
When looking for an application that is powerful enough to perform any function on your PDF file, none is better than PDFelement. It is also the most cost efficient compared to other applications that perform the same functions.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!