How to Find & Delete Duplicate Files on macOS 11
As a Mac user, you may find that your Mac contains multiple duplicate photos that are stored in different files. Some arise due to system failure, since Mac creates duplicate copies automatically without any reason. They include MP3 files, photos and other things like documents. As duplicate files accumulate, Mac fills up and you may need to buy a larger disk. Instead of spending this money, you should first find duplicate files on macOS11. Go on and delete these duplicate files on macOS 11 to release valuable space. The information below is about how to find and delete duplicate files on macOS 11.
How to Find and Delete Duplicate Files on macOS 11
1. MP3 Files
iTunes comes with a built-in feature that finds duplicate files on macOS 11, especially MP3 files in your iTunes library. It does not have the capability to find other types of media files that are not in iTunes but provides a quick way to clear up space when your media library has too many duplicate files.
Here is how to use this feature to find and delete duplicate files on macOS 11.
- Open iTunes and choose the View menu
- Select Show Duplicate Items. Alternatively, you can hold the Option key and then hit the Show Exact Duplicate Items link.
- You should be able to see the MP3 duplicate files with the same exact name, artist, and album. So, basically, iTunes will show you a sorted list of duplicates next to each other.
- As you go through this list, delete duplicate files on macOS 11.
- When the deleting process is complete, go to View and choose Show All Items to go back to the media default list.
If your Mac uses the Music app;
- Open the Music app
- Choose any options under Library; Recently Added or Artist Songs
- Click on File and go to Library.
- Hit Show Duplicate items and you can delete them.
Here is how to find and remove duplicate photo files on macOS 11 through Smart Folders in Finder;
- Open the Finder window and access the Apple Menu.
- Go to File and choose New Smart Folder.
- At the top-right corner, click the Plus function present
- Select the Search parameter; in Name choose Kind, in Matches choose Image, and ensure that choose picture format as All (to include PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BPM)
- Review and choose the duplicate photos, which is possible through pressing the Command key to select multiple.
- Right-click and move them to trash through the Move to Trash option.
You can also use iCloud to find and delete duplicate photo files on macOS 11. First, download all your photos. After finding and removing duplicate files on macOS 11, re-upload.
- Launch a browser on Mac and sign into personal Apple ID at iCloud.com
- Go to the Photos tab and select All Photos
- As you look at the pictures’ icons, press and hold the Command key and begin selecting the identical images one after the other.
- When done, release the Command key and then hit the Delete button at the top.
- After deleting duplicate files on macOS 11, re-upload the photos.
3. Everything Else
The best free duplicate file finder software for macOS 11 is actually known as Duplicate File Finder and it is free on App Store, so download and install it on your Mac computer.
- After installation opens the application. Click the Add function and locate the folder with duplicate files. Alternatively, drag and drop the folder on the program’s interface. Hit the Scan utility.
- When the scan is complete, you will have a view of the duplicate files found, their types, and combined size. You may want to check the pie or bar chart just to see this information clearly. You will also receive hints regarding how to clear them.
- The buttons at the top will allow you to review the specific files. You may delete duplicate files on macOS 11 at once by hitting the Auto Select function, which selects all, while the Remove Selected deletes them. If you are selective, choose one and by one and then hit Remove Selected.
- This best free duplicate file finder software for macOS 11 will provide one more view of these duplicates before deleting. When sure click the Remove function. If not sure hit Close and you will be back at the results screen.
Best PDF Editor for macOS 11 – PDFelement for Mac
After finding and deleting duplicate files on macOS 11, your Mac will have more space to store important tools such as the best PDF editor, PDFelement for Mac. This is a unique application that allows you to edit PDF documents smoothly and conveniently. It is used worldwide considering that it supports multiple languages like Italian, English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, and Finnish, among others.
As soon as you install PDFelement for Mac, you will acquire the capability to create, edit, and convert PDF files. Creating a PDF can take place through other files like text, web, or image files, from different capture options and from a black document. Editing is diversified as well, whereby PDFelement for Mac allows you to alter text, images, and links, as you add backgrounds and watermarks. The conversion aspect enables you to view and use PDF information in other types of documents.
The diversification of PDF creation in PDFelement for Mac ensures that you make the best PDFs for your profession and school work. Editing gives you the liberty to change the details of the PDF to your satisfaction while making the documents attractive and authentic. Converting PDFs gives you the independence to use your information as you please.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Solutions to Fix AirDrop Not Working on macOS 11
- How to Fix macOS 11 Keeps Logging You Out
- macOS 11 Upgrade Failed Issue - How to Fix
- Top 10 macOS 11 Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat
- Top 10 Alternatives to PDF Expert for macOS