Top 8 XFA Readers for 2022
XFA (XML Forms Architecture) also known as XFA forms, are embedded inside of PDF documents and allows users to fill in data without having to print the PDF. This article will introduce you to some of the top XFA readers on the market.
Best 8 XFA Forms Readers
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is an excellent XFA form reader. It has the ability to open and read XFA forms plus it recognizes them automatically.
- Excellent support for opening, reading, and filling XFA forms
- OCR technology allows you to convert XFA forms to PDF to make them searchable and editable
- Contains many advanced features for PDF management
- Supports editing of graphic-based objects and digitally signing documents
- Strong password-protection for PDF documents
Foxit PDF Reader
Foxit is quickly becoming recognized as a better alternative to Adobe, mainly because of its lightweight size and RAM usage. It also supports for reading XFA based forms starting from version 5.0.
- Includes many advanced features
- Customizable with a Quick action toolbar
- Free to use
- It cannot display all PDF types properly
- It cannot convert to EPUB format
- It may be a hassle creating digital signatures
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe topped the field of PDF readers for many years, mainly because it pioneered the PDF file format and was also the best XFA forms reader because it acquired Jetforms in 2002, the company which developed XFA forms
- Excellent support for XFA forms
- Simple User interface
- Heavy on RAM and storage usage
Nuance Power PDF Advanced
Previously Nuance PDF reader, this program is also a great XFA reader that allows a user to use PDF documents with forms embedded. Furthermore, with its cloud compatibility, Nuance PDF reader enables you to literally carry and access your documents wherever you go.
- Good XFA support
- Cloud compatibility
- It has very limited support for annotations
Master PDF Reader for Linux
As the name implies, this PDF is only available for Linux. The Linux operating system has been growing in popularity in the past few years and its crop of office software have not been left behind. Master PDF reader provides support for reading and filling XFA forms with its free version.
- Available for Linux users
- A free version is available
- Not available for any other operating system apart from Linux
PDF XChange Editor
Previously known as PDF XChange viewer, this editor is another lightweight PDF reader for Windows since version 2.5. This XFA forms reader comes with ample support for reading XFA forms.
- Available as a free version with many features
- The free version places a watermark on every PDF page
Nitro PDF Reader
Nitro comes with a familiar interface which seems to be lifted straight from Microsoft Office. It is another XFA reader that has the ability to recognize XFA forms, but its interface may not suit everyone, especially if you are not a fan of Microsoft's UI.
- Familiar and simple interface
- Ability to reset the form to its original unfilled state if needed
- It cannot embed video and audio files
- Slow loading of PDF as compared to other readers like Foxit, Adobe, and PDF element
That's right. Google Chrome and Firefox already have built-in PDF readers with quite a few useful features but not all features. Support for XFA forms can be added by use of extensions. The most popular extension is the Adobe Acrobat extension which works on both browsers.
- Easily accessible
- It does not provide many of the advanced PDF features that can be found in a fully-fledged software
Why to Choose PDFelement
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- The Top 8 Free PDF Writer in 2022
- 5 Best Windows 11 PDF Viewer Tools
- The Top Alternatives for PDFpen for Windows
- Top 9 Free Redaction Software to Protect Sensitive Info
- Best PDF Compiler to Compile PDF Documents