How to Open PowerPoint on Mac without PowerPoint App
PowerPoint is Window’s application for presentations. Apple has its version of PowerPoint named Keynote. But not all PC users have Mac. Some use Windows, others use Mac. And if you are a Mac user, you might need to open a PPT file on your Mac. But how to open PowerPoint on Mac? Well, there are a couple of ways to open the PPTX file on Mac, and we will share them with you.
How to Open PowerPoint on Mac with PDFelement
One of the simplest ways to open a PowerPoint file on Mac is to convert it to a suitable file format, i.e. a PDF format. Moreover, it is necessary for you to employ a powerful PDF tool to help you achieve this process. So, PDFelement, as a one-stop PDF solution, is the best choice for you. Here is a guide on how to open PowerPoint on Macbook Pro using PDFelement.
- Step 1. Create a PDF file from the PowerPoint file. To do this, simply launch PDFelement, and go to the “Home” menu. Click on “Create” > "PDF from File". Then locate the PPT/PPTX file, and click it.
- Step 2. Once the file opens, it will automatically convert to PDF format. From there, you can edit the file using PDFelement.
- Step 3. If you need, you can further convert the file to another format. For example, you can convert it back to PPT, or other file formats, including HTML, and much more.
The process of converting files to and from PDF is quite simple with PDFelement. It features the familiar ribbon-style design of Microsoft Office. But what makes the software delight to use without sacrificing productivity is its features. PDFelement combines essential business features with a simple interface. And unlike Adobe Acrobat, it won’t empty your wallet. The price is reasonable and affordable. Here are some of the main features of the software:
- Quickly and easily edit PDF documents, including text and images.
- Add hyperlinks to PDF files if needed.
- Create a PDF document from scanned images or any other file format.
- Convert PDF files to a variety of formats, including RTF, HTML, Image formats, TXT, Microsoft Office formats, and more.
- Review and mark up files using a wide set of commenting tools.
- Extract data from PDF files.
- Automatically recognize, create, and fill fillable forms.
- Drag and drop to create web forms in a few of minutes.
- Control access to documents by applying password.
- Redact sensitive information from any file.
Other Methods to Open PowerPoint on Mac without PowerPoint App
In addition to using third-party PDF software for how to open PowerPoint on Mac, you can use some of the default Mac applications. The results, however, will not be the same. The two apps you can use are Keynote and Preview.
Method 1. Open PowerPoint on Mac Using Keynote
- Step 1. Launch and open Keynote.
- Step 2. The moment you launch the app, a window will automatically open. Locate the PowerPoint file you want to open. In most cases, the file is in the Documents folder. Click on it in the left sidebar. You can also locate the file by going “File” > “Open”, and then navigate to the desired file.
- Step 3. When you open the file, Keynote will inform you that there were changes made during the import process. Usually, these changes include formatting, fonts, and images. The more complicated the presentation is, the more changes there will be.
- Step 4. Once you locate all of the changes and you fix them, you can view the PPT file in Keynote. Sadly, in some cases, there are too many changes, and you might not even be able to use the presentation.
Method 2. Open PowerPoint on Mac Using Preview
- Step 1. Launch Preview application. Click “File” > “Open”, and locate the PowerPoint file. It will open as a PDF file
- Step 2. The problem with Preview is that you cannot make changes to the file. You can use it only as a quick option to see the slides or print them.
- Step 3. If you want to see the slides, simply scroll down.
As you can see, Apple’s default options for opening PPT on Mac are fairly limited. Therefore, we suggest using third-party software such as PDFelement. That way, you can further edit the file, and you can convert it without the loss of formatting.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Add Video Background to PowerPoint
- How to Convert PowerPoint to MP4
- How to Convert Excel to PowerPoint
- How to Edit Background Graphics in PowerPoint
- Top Tips to Use PowerPoint Transitions