Easily Edit Background Graphics in Microsoft PowerPoint
PowerPoint is one of the most commonly used applications for presentations. The app has many tools and options to help you create amazing slides. One of those options is using background images and graphics. Why settle for the normal and simple slide design, when you can make it unique? Now, we will talk about how to edit background graphics in PowerPoint.
How to Edit Background Graphics in PowerPoint
Using this guide you can easily add an image to the slide master. It can appear on every slide in the presentation, or in certain slides. You can also add a watermark, which might be a company logo that you want to include on every slide. To apply an image to all slides, you can follow this guide:
• Apply an Image to All Sides
Step 1. Select Slide Master
Open the PowerPoint presentation, and click on “View” >“Slide Master”. Then, you can select the Slide Master at the top of the thumbnail panel on the left.
Step 2. Choose Format Background
A ribbon will appear, and you need to click on “Background Styles”, and select the “Format Background” option.
Step 3. Insert Background Image
Under the “Format Background” panel, click on “Picture or Texture Fill” if you want to insert pictures or graphics from your computer. Then locate the picture, and then click “Insert”. The image will fill the background of the slide master and all the layout masters below it.
Step 4. Edit the Background Graphics
To create a watermark effect, go to the “Format Background” panel, and slide the “Transparency” bar to the right to change the opacity percentage.
• Apply an Image to Certain Sides
The guide for adding pictures to certain slides is a bit different from the way of applying images to all slides. With that in mind, here is how to apply an image and edit PowerPoint template background graphics.
- Step 1. Click “Slide Master” on the “View” tab.
- Step 2. In the “Slide Master” view, click the slide layout or layouts where you want to add pictures. Hold down the “Shift” key while making selections if you want to select multiple layouts.
- Step 3. Go to “Background Styles” in the “Slide Master” tab, and click “Format Background”. Then you can click “Picture or Texture Fill” to insert a picture from your computer.
- Step 4. Click on “File” under the “Insert Picture From”. If you have the picture in the clipboard, click on “Clipboard”. Then locate the image you want to add, and then click “Insert”. The image will fill the background for all the slides and layouts that you selected in Step 2.
- Step 5. To create a watermark effect, you can go to the “Format Background” panel, and slide the transparency bar to the right and change the opacity percentage.
Best PDF Editor - PDFelement
While PowerPoint offers you a variety of options for your presentations, this software can be limited. For example, sharing PowerPoint with people who do not have Microsoft Office is tricky. That is why nowadays, most presentations are in PDF format. You can create the presentation in PowerPoint, and then export it to PDF. And to manage PDF files, you need a powerful PDF tool. We recommend using PDFelement, a one-stop PDF solution, making the PDF experience simple, easy, and seamless. Specifically, you can create, edit, convert and manage PDF documents in a matter of seconds. Here are some of the main features of PDFelement.
- Review and mark up PDF files using a variety of commenting tools.
- Create PDF from images, scanned documents, HTML, text file formats, or directly from the scanner.
- View comments or access markup for review in a single pane.
- Turn the flat or non-fillable form into a fillable and editable PDF form with a single click.
- Drag and drop to create web forms.
- Extract data from form fields.
- Edit text, background, and images within the file.
- Optimize PDF to reduce the size of the document.
- Convert PDF files into a variety of other formats.
- Add background and watermark to PDF.
- Provide free 1GB cloud storage to save documents to cloud.
How to Edit Background for PDF
As we said before, PDFelement can be used to edit the background in your PDF file. This feature works for PDF files or other file formats that are converted into a PDF File. Here is how you can add new background.
Step 1. Open the PDF File
Launch PDFelement and open the PDF file, and then go to “Edit” > “Background” > “New background”.
Step 2. Select the Background
There are many edits you can make to the background. For starters, you can choose one color as the background. Or you can add an image or PDF file from your computer.
Step 3. Edit the Background
Edit the appearance of the background by editing the rotation degree and opacity. You can also change “Scale to target page” from 100% to 0%. What's more, you can select the “Page Range” you want the background to appear. You can select all the pages in the PDF or just a single page. Or specify exactly which pages you want the background to appear. Once you are done with the edits, click on “OK”.
Note: If at any point you want to change something or remove the background, go to “Edit” > “Background” > “Edit background” to change it.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Insert PDF into PowerPoint
- How to Record PowerPoint as Video
- How to Do a Voiceover on PowerPoint
- How to Add Audio to PowerPoint
- Two Methods to Convert PowerPoint to Excel