How to Add Audio to PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Are you searching for a way to add audio to PDF? This can be useful for a PDF slideshow or presentation because it makes it more interesting and interactive. Luckily, you can easily add audio to PDF files with Adobe® Acrobat®. In this article, we'll discuss how to add audio to PDF with Acrobat and add audio to PDF without Acrobat.
Steps to Add Audio to PDF in Adobe® Acrobat®
- Select the PDF page that you want to add music to.
- Select the Sound Tool by navigating to Tools>Advanced Editing> Sound Tool. Specify an area in the PDF that will play the music/audio when selected.
- In the Content Settings section, click the radio button to choose the music file you want to add to the PDF. Select the music you need by browsing your local folder.
- Customize the active area. "Use No Poster" is the default setting which means you play the music by clicking on the active area, which has a border around it. "Create Poster from File" means you can customize the active area with an image, which of course, will require extra effort.
- Once you are done, click OK to complete the process of adding audio to your PDF file.
Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat has now ended support, which means there will be no further security updates, product updates, or customer support. You can keep using the program, but if you have an issue with the program, there will be no support for resolving it. More importantly, your file and data might be at risk due to lack of protection. In this case, you can click here to find out the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat.
Add Audio to PDF without Acrobat
PDFelement is an all-in-one PDF tool which has many useful functions at an affordable price. You can add audio to PDF with PDFelement as well.
Step 1: Open PDF
After launching PDFelement, click the "Open File" button to browse and select the PDF document to be loaded. Or you can right-click the PDF document and choose to open with Wondershare PDFelement.
Step 2: Add Audio to PDF
Click the "Comment" tab and find the "Attachment" button, then move your mouse click to the position where you want to add the audio file and click it on the PDF page. Then a new window will be opened to let you select your audio file.
Step 3: Change Properties
After adding music to PDF, you can right-click it to choose "Properties", then on the right-side panel, you can change its "Style", "Color", and "Opacity" in the Appearance options.
Step 4: Save PDF
If you want to edit PDF file, you can still use PDFelement to edit as you want. After that, you can click the "File" > "Save as" button to save the PDF document. These are the only steps about how to add audio to PDF.
Adding music to PDF files may not be a common task. Usually users are looking for tools for editing, converting, creating, or exporting PDF content with features like comment tools, OCR, and more. You can make modifications to PDF text and images, create PDF from over 20 document formats. You can also create PDF forms with different form options, reduce PDF file size, and more. Another powerful feature is the OCR function which is capable of turning scanned PDFs into editable and searchable files. With PDFelement, you can do all these tasks.
- Steps to Print PDF as Image
- How to Edit PDF with LibreOffice PDF Editor
- How to Edit PDF with Open Office PDF Editor