How to Edit PDF in Google Docs Alternative 2020
You may wondering how to edit a PDF in Google Docs? Here we provide the detailed steps for you to edit PDF in Google Docs. However, Google Docs also has some disadvantages to edit PDF online, you can turn to our desktop software PDFelement to edit PDF files easily and securely.
Steps to Edit PDF in Google Docs
Step 1. Upload a PDF
Log in to Google Drive with your account. Upload your PDF file by clicking the "Upload" icon.
Step 2. Open with Google Docs
Right-click the PDF file that you uploaded and select "Open with > Google Docs".
Step 3. Edit PDF in Google Docs
Once the PDF file is opened, you are able to edit the text in it now. After editing, you can click the "File" > "Download" > "PDF" to save it as a PDF file on your computer again.
Issues to Edit PDF in Google Docs:
- You may not be able to open all PDF files with Google Docs.
- Actually, you are not editing the original PDF file in Google Docs. Google Docs recognizes the text in your PDF file and copies it so that you are able to edit the text as a seperate version.
- The formatting and images of the PDF files are not retained.
- Certain editing functions are missing in Google Docs, such as adding pages, deleting pages, and others. It only supports to edit text.
- It requires stable internet connection.
Edit PDF in Google Docs Alternative
PDFelement is a comprehensive solution for PDF creation, editing, conversion, form editing and filling. It is a desktop PDF editing tool with a separate version for Windows PC and Mac. When you do not want to edit PDF online and require additional functions to manage your PDF documents, then PDFelement is your best alternative option.
Step 1. Open a PDF
Open PDFelement on your computer. Drag and drop the PDF file you wish to edit into the program. Or click on "Open File" on the Home screen.
Step 2. Edit PDF
Go to the "Edit" tab. Here you'll see editing functions, such as "Add Text" "Add Image" and more. You can modify your PDF by changing the text, inserting an image to the PDF pages, or creating a link in your PDF pages. Here are more details about how to edit PDF text.
Step 3. Annotate PDF
In the "Comment" tab you can make annotations to your PDF pages. Click on the "Comment" menu and select the tool you want to use. For example, you can add a note to your file or highlight important text. Here are more instructions about how to annotate PDF.
Step 4. Edit PDF Pages
Would you like to make changes to your PDF pages? PDFelement offers many tools to do this. Go to the "Page" tab, and select the function you need. It only takes a few clicks and a few seconds to organize or re-format your pages and you're done! Here are detailed steps about how to rearrange PDF pages.
Video on How to Edit PDF in Google Docs
PDFelement also supports many other features as following:
- Lightweight with a user-friendly interface
- An OCR function that turns scanned PDFs into editable and searchable documents
- Ability to convert PDF to or from multiple file formats.
- Supports sharing with Google Drive and Evernote.
- Protect PDF with passwords and digital signatures.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- The Best Foxit Reader Alternative for Windows
- How to Install Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozila
- How to Redact PDF in Foxit Alternative
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Foxit Alternative
- How to Combine PDF with Foxit Alternative