2022-09-08 17:15:25 • Filed to:
PDF Software Comparisons
• Proven solutions
Do you want to obscure text, social security number or bank accounts on your PDF document? This process of hiding sensitive information is known as redaction. To redact a PDF on your computer, you require a PDF redaction software. In this article, we will show you how to use alternative of Foxit redact.
There are several Foxit PDF Editor alternatives, but we prefer Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor as it allows users to take full control on their PDF files. The editing feature on this PDF editor is as powerful as any word processors, and even better.
The redaction feature helps users to permanently black out sensitive information. Besides, it also help users to annotate, create, convert, edit PDF files with ease.
Click on the "Open File" button at the bottom right and select a PDF file to redact. Next, upload it by clicking on "Open".
Move the pointer to the top right of the program and click on the "Protect" button. Then click the "Redact" icon to expand the redaction options.
After redacting the sensitive content, you need to finalize the document by clicking "Apply Redactions". This will save any changes made to the target image or text content. Finally, go to "File" menu and "Save" the PDF document.
1. Go to "File" and then "Open" now select and upload PDF.
2. Next move to "Protect" to get the redaction feature.
3. Click on "Redaction" and select "Mark for Redaction".
4. Move to text field and select texts, or image you want to redact with the hand tool on the screen. You will see the area marked black.
5. Lastly go to "Protect" then "Redaction" and right click on "Apply Redaction". From there you can click on "Apply".