How to Perform OCR with Foxit Alternative
Do your scanned PDFs need editing? You can easily make your scanned PDFs editable through a useful cutting edge technology called Optimal Character Recognition (OCR ). Foxit OCR is a built-in OCR feature in Foxit PhantomPDF which helps you edit scanned PDF documents effortlessly. In this article, we'll outline how to use the Foxit OCR feature.
Steps to Perform PDF OCR with Foxit OCR Alternative
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is the best Foxit OCR alternative due to its advanced OCR feature. It can help users turn scanned PDFs or image-based PDFs into editable, selectable and searchable text.
Step 1. Open PDF File
Open PDFelement, click on the "Open File" button at the bottom of the program. From the files shown in the window that pops up, click on "Open" to retrieve your files.
Step 2. OCR PDF
After you've opened your PDF file with PDFelement, a "Perform OCR" option appears on the top. Click on it then choose the appropriate language.
Step 3. Edit PDF (Optional)
Once the OCR process is done, you will be able to edit the PDF text. Simply click the "Edit" button on the toolbar and click on the text field or images you want to edit.
Besides its OCR feature, it is also acts as a PDF editor, convertor, creator, and annotator. Its other great features include the ability to:
- Edit PDFs as smoothly as editing in a Word processor.
- Create and convert PDF to/from multiple other file formats.
- Extract data from PDF forms into Excel without compromising style.
- Protect PDFs with passwords and permissions, redaction, PDF/A etc.
- Add a digital signature to PDF files easily.
How to Perform OCR on your PDF Using Foxit OCR Feature
1. Select "Home" and then click "Convert". Select "OCR" then click on "Current File".
2. To choose the output type, go to "Editable Text" to make the image text editable. You may make the image text searchable by checking the "Searchable Text Image" option.
3. Click "OK" to begin the process. A progress bar will appear to show you how long it will take for OCR to be completed.
How to Use Another Foxit OCR Alternative
Wondershare PDF Convertor Pro is another useful tool to help users to OCR PDF. It can help you to convert scanned PDF or image to editable PDF, Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT, EPUB and TXT file.
Step 1. Launch Wondershare PDF Convertor Pro, go to "OCR" then add scanned PDF files into this tool.
Step 2. Choose the output format under the "Conversion Preset", then click the "OCR Setting" to choose the language you need to recognize. Click the "Convert" button and you will find the converted files in your local folder.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF to PPT & PPTX with Nitro Pro
- Steps to Convert Excel to PDF with Nitro Pro
- How to Convert PDF to Excel with Nitro Pro
- Best Nitro Pro Alternative for Windows 11/10/8/7
- Everything You Need to Know about Nitro Pro